Ignoring the Colleague

pravin

Reaction score
Hello,

I have set my eyes on this girl who is also my colleague at my workplace but recently we had a tiff and I told her through a common friend never to talk to me again. The next day she tried to communicate with me in the office but I didn't respond back. She was left humiliated in front of everyone. Since that day we have not talked to each other. Now, shes being a bit too caring and friendly with other co-workers but this is not her usual behavior. I feel tempted to talk to her but I don't want myself to look desperate and let her have the control. Since the day I didnt respond to her, she has not initiated any conversation from her side. So should I initiate communication? or continue to ignore her.... What should I do?

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the answer is who cares. Just do your thing and you don't have to totally ignore -- occasional smile if you run into her and a hi but nothing past a few sentences of pleasantries and of course don't invite her out or put your bid in down the line, keep it PURELY professional

yeahbuddy14

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cloudtopsun2100 said:
the answer is who cares. Just do your thing and you don't have to totally ignore -- occasional smile if you run into her and a hi but nothing past a few sentences of pleasantries and of course don't invite her out or put your bid in down the line, keep it PURELY professional
:rockon: perfect advice, I have been dealing with the same BS but I don't give her the time of the day (although I do notice that she is around me a lot, even when I don't talk or acknowledge her!) but yep keep it purely professional is the best answer.
:cheer:

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had an argument and told her (through a friend) you never want her to speak to you again.
You humiliated her and she's never spoken to you again.

Now you're wondering if you should try talking to her?

You've really got to work on a more mature way of resolving 'tiffs', especially with people you work with or are going to see every day.

It's best to only burn bridges with people that 1. you really don't care about, and 2. you're not likely to see again.