Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you've managed to lose weight--how has it changed your life?

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, as some of you would be aware, I'm trying to trim off a few pounds....I'm trying to get to my BMI 'ideal weight' of 147.4Lbs(67kg), so I can be military fit. Currently I weigh 169.4Lbs(77kg)----not that I have plans to join the military, I just think it'd be cool to be able to have the choice to do so if I want to :)

I know some of you would have lost a lot of weight or known people who lost a lot of weight.
What I'm curious about is how their 'self image' changed after losing weight?

Firstly, if you have lost a lot of weight or are in the process of losing weight--it doesn't matter if you're still overweight, but if you have lost a significant amount of weight, did you feel a lot more confident etc???

I was thinking about it the other day and I believe that I would be quite a bit different in terms of the way I'd approach people. I think I'd be a heck of a lot more extraverted and confident in general.

I'm just pondering(thinking about how great it'd be to finally be where I want to be at, in terms of fitness level and weight)...

Is the way you approach people different, now that you've lost weight?

Just tell me about your experiences since losing weight, and what you're aiming for now

Thanx:D

A little background info on what I'm trying to do
My plan at the moment is to do cardio at least 4 times per week. I eat weetbix and milk on the days that I train, which is usually in the morning.

I try to do HIIT running but I find it difficult to do. Regardless, I always aim to get to running for 20minutes although I know that I need to consistantly up the intensity or run for a bit longer.

So far I'm getting some progress. I currently weigh about 77-78kg and I'm 171cm tall.

I've been keeping the carbs lowish but I"m not doing anything silly like starving myself or anything like that. I drink lots of water. I do like tuna and toast for lunch and I'm eating some meat but not huge amounts like I used to

I also have a log that I keep where I record my weight in my palm pilot each morning when I wake up and I also have this program that keeps track of my running and how many times I do it each week and distances and times etc

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
i lost a lifetime's worth of weight -- dropped maybe 50-60 pounds, and it has definitely changed my life

i only started becoming a dj once i was no longer overweight -- my confidence shot up because i knew that i looked a lot better and no longer had to be self conscious. i started buying clothes in "normal" sizes and things just seemed to look better on me. now when i approach women i know that my looks probably won't hinder me (and i only have to worry about how i hit on her)

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by numlock
i lost a lifetime's worth of weight -- dropped maybe 50-60 pounds, and it has definitely changed my life

i only started becoming a dj once i was no longer overweight -- my confidence shot up because i knew that i looked a lot better and no longer had to be self conscious. i started buying clothes in "normal" sizes and things just seemed to look better on me. now when i approach women i know that my looks probably won't hinder me (and i only have to worry about how i hit on her)
Congrats on losing the weight man :)

Would you say that you've become a lot more extraverted because of losing the weight?

Also, what would you say are some of the less obvious benefits to losing weight?

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't lose weight, but i became a gym monster in college...Made me more aggressive, more energy, better outlook as I got stronger and faster every day.....I set goals that I surpassed, and learned to challege myself everytime i was in the gym...

It gives you life lessons...

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost about 30 lbs. I don't know if it made me any more extraverted, but picking up women was much easier. Sure, being ****y and funny and clever is attractive, but it's so much easier when you can do it by simply standing there. I noticed women looking at me differently, and that's when I knew I'd passed the invisible line.

Don't let any woman tell you she doesn't care about looks. She's lying.

I actually lost weight for health. But I'm glad that it has other effects.

edit: no, actually I didn't make me any more extroverted. confident yes, but you still have to work on your technique.

WTFman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost about 50 lbs. Was 220 and dropped to 175 with 12% body fat. My confidence has greatly improved because of it.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In about the last 12 months I have lost around 15 kgs which is about the lightest i have weighed in about 5 years and gosh i feel so much better. I have noticed i don't sweat as much, don't get tired as much, my clothes don't get stuck under my gut anymore when i sit down, some old clothes i have kept fit well again and don't dig into my skin when i forcefully tried to put them on, i am a lot happier and the most important thing - i had a look at myself in the mirror today and the first thing that came to my mind was - i am not looking so bad now, just lose a little bit more (5 kg) which should only take about a month if i try hard and i will look pretty good. :)

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that I don't sweat as much, too. I still have a lo of my old clothes and it brings home how big I was.

SemperFi719

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its awesome man. Just back in March of last year I was 245lbs of fat. Now I stand just 180 lbs. Lost the weight and shortly after I started losing it I discovered sosuave and the boost of confidence definatly helped me boost up confidence and all that jazz. Used to be VERY self-concious about my looks and now that I look at pictures of me then and now I can't believe it. Joined the Marines (thats why I lost the weight in the first place) and am glad that I lost the weight cause uniforms look better when you're lean man. Don't sweat as much and don't have loss of breath when running and going up stairs anymore. It's not that hard really. You just gotta take it a day at a time. One thing to keep in mind is that the scale is your friend but your enemy at the same time. If you look at it everyday you will go crazy when on Monday you're 200 and Tuesday you're still 200 after working out in the morning. Just stick with it and you'll succeed.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost between 15-20 pounds and it feels great. I'm about 10 pounds away from my target.

Effects of weight loss:

More energy. I don't feel as if anything remotely physical is a pain in the ass anymore.

Endurance: I've gotten to the point where a game of pick-up basketball is no big deal anymore

Other aspects: I've started to get some looks from women. My confidence is up. And my acne has cleared up.

jaybeezi

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost 50lbs, 240 to 190, and I am aiming for 175-180, then i'm gonna get more into weightlifting. I feel so much better than I used to, no matter what I used to do I was always self conscious and my clothes always looked horrible on me (they were way too big).

Now when I go out, even just to the store wearing shorts and a t-shirt I feel like I look good, and have a ton more confidence. As far as being more extroverted, maybe, I know people (girls) are more open to you talking to them so that makes it easier.

I lost it, because I was sick of being overweight, also I am trying to be a firefighter so I wanted to be in good shape for that.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be overweight. I could get dates, but as I learned about DJ'ing, I realized that appearance is important to dating, even though women lie hideously.

When i got below 17% body fat, It was like a switch. Women responded to me without far less effort. Note that this isn't the 15% ideal.You don't have to be perfect.

So yes, it's useful. Also, you don't have idiots calling you "Big Guy" or other stupid pet names anymore.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pulsar
military fit.
Great link. I went from 6-3 223lbs to 187lbs as a result of a bet. Two months losing a steady 1lb a day. Brutal and probably terrible on my kidneys/whatever but I didn't care. Eat a *lot* less than you're used to eating; don't eat food that you enjoy (eg. stick to plain yogurt, and tuna from a can, and plain cottage cheese).

I can't say it changed my life, but good times nevertheless!