Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If your face is not long, or if you are not tall, then you shouldn't bulk up

Consent

Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason is that if you have a face that's round (is not rectangular) or is kind of wide, then bulking up will only make your face look more round or wide. It won't look more masculine, it will just look like you're overweight.

If your face is kind of round, then what you should do instead is cut or lose weight, this will hollow out your cheeks and give you more cheekbones.

It's also a common misconception that girls go out with muscular guys (like Stallone or Arnold). This only happens in movies. And notice in rare occasions where a guy looks good buff, is when the guy is really tall. This is because big muscles is in proportion to the height so it doesn't look weird. But if you're not really tall, being bulky actually will make you look shorter because of the proportion. Most girls I've talked to think that guys with big muscles is a turn off. They would rather go out with someone who is lean. Someone with a body like Bruce Lee, Usher, or Chuck Norris.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*smack*

Spiky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, your post reveals some fundamental problems with your mindset.

What you believe girls like or not shouldnt have any effect on your decision to bulk up or not. You bulk up because YOU want to, not because you think girls will like your new body.

Its also a common misconception that, as long as you are a cool person, and your energy makes people want to be around you, your looks matter at all.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Consent said:
Most girls I've talked to think that guys with big muscles is a turn off.
most girls I talk too tell me they want some respectful guy that will make them laugh and then they **** some douche who is the complete opposite

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Consent said:
The reason is that if you have a face that's round (is not rectangular) or is kind of wide, then bulking up will only make your face look more round or wide. It won't look more masculine, it will just look like you're overweight.
So you're saying that if you've got a chubby face, to not worry about getting stronger, adding more muscle, but instead worry about losing weight, even if you're already lean? Too bad thats not the way to go. Adding muscle will help you burn more calories, in turn helping you to become leaner...

If your face is kind of round, then what you should do instead is cut or lose weight, this will hollow out your cheeks and give you more cheekbones.
It won't give you more cheek bones, it will make your cheek bones more visible. You can't just add bone by losing weight, however, you can increase bone density by lifting weights, or by small trauma to the bone, causing it to deposite more calcium to that area, making it thicker and tougher bone.

It's also a common misconception that girls go out with muscular guys (like Stallone or Arnold). This only happens in movies.
Bullsh*t. I know MANY girls who would take a muscular guy over a chubby guy.

And notice in rare occasions where a guy looks good buff, is when the guy is really tall.
Rare occasion? Are you effing kidding me? Where the hell do you live? I know a kid whos 5'7 and weighs about 170lbs. This kid is lean and ripped, pulls mad chicks.

This is because big muscles is in proportion to the height so it doesn't look weird.
Stop talking. Please.

But if you're not really tall, being bulky actually will make you look shorter because of the proportion.
No it won't. You will look just as tall, however, you will look better because you've got a little more mass on your bones.

Most girls I've talked to think that guys with big muscles is a turn off.They would rather go out with someone who is lean. Someone with a body like Bruce Lee, Usher, or Chuck Norris.
Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris have big muscles. Those girls were probably talking about guys like Ronnie Coleman who are bodybuilders. Those big of muscles are a turn off for many girls, (coincidentally, most bodybuilders are under 5'9", oh no. I guess short people can't build big muscles)

HUGE Muscles = Turn off

Big Muscles = Turn on

Smaller, Leaner guys = Eh.

Skinny weak looking guys = No thanks.

That is the female mindset

Girls like Usher because he has a 6 pack and dresses like a model. However, if Usher put on about 15-20lbs of muscle, got a little more pec size and some upper back size, as well as added a good inch to his arms, girls would find him even hotter.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silverback82 said:
most girls I talk too tell me they want some respectful guy that will make them laugh and then they **** some douche who is the complete opposite

Because hes confident. If you're a confident, respectful guy who still does what he wants and doesn't cater to the girl, you're in big time. I'm off topic though.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls can be stupid, granted, but they usually would rather sleep with the big guys.

Reasons why, just off the top of my head:

#1. They won't feel self concious about their weight.
#2. You're more comfortable to sleep with big over bony.
#3. You can probably kick the skinny six-packers ass simply because you have the weight advantage, and usually the strength advantage, too.
#4. Big guys have more endurance than skinny guys.
#5. Its the "American" way to eat a lot.
#6. You can hold your liquor better.
#7. Bigger guys usually have bigger boobs, which girls like.
#8. Some guys can only look skinny if they're unhealthy, which makes them moody.

Yes some girls are attracted to skinny guys, but most in the states I would say are attracted to bigger guys. If you look at my list you can see that even he's mostly fat, big guys have a better chance attracting girls than skinny guys.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
#4. Big guys have more endurance than skinny guys.
I will beg to differ.
Marathon runners = Skinny as f*ck
Olympic Sprinters = Usually bigger and more muscular

The marathon runners will run farther and longer than the sprinters 10 times out of 10

If you're talking about sexual endurance, that is dependent based SOLELY on the individual. It's like saying brown haired people are smarter than black haired people. Totally random and unjustifiable. Besides, for every big guy with great sexual endurance, theres a skinny guy with great sexual endurance

#7. Bigger guys usually have bigger boobs, which girls like.
Guys like big boobs. Girls like big PECS. There is a big difference. Boobs are fatty tissue with mammary glands. Pecs are the MUSCLE tissue in your chest.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus h. christ you're a nitpicker.

- None of us are marathon runners or olympic sprinters. Take a sample of 100 guys in the states. Make half big and the other half skinny. Put all the big guys on one team, put all the skinny guys on the other. Who would you put money on to win a long distance race? Deny my logic.

The problem with skinny is it can double with malnutrition. Sure you can be malnutritioned while fat, but you're probably not and either way you'll have more muscle mass than the skinny guy. I'm not saying skinny guys are destined to have low endurance, I'm just saying they typically do. I think your problem is you're thinking too much about athletes (the few) and not enough about regular guys (the many.)

- A girl from the states is more likely to say "NICE BOOBS!" over "NICE PECS!" Its kind of like saying "nice ass!" instead of "nice glutes!" I only used the term because I was fondly remembering a girl telling me this.

rob686

Don Juan
Reaction score
Consent said:

It's also a common misconception that girls go out with muscular guys (like Stallone or Arnold). This only happens in movies. And notice in rare occasions where a guy looks good buff, is when the guy is really tall. This is because big muscles is in proportion to the height so it doesn't look weird. But if you're not really tall, being bulky actually will make you look shorter because of the proportion. Most girls I've talked to think that guys with big muscles is a turn off. They would rather go out with someone who is lean. Someone with a body like Bruce Lee, Usher, or Chuck Norris.

Sorry bro, but that's PURE rubbish. Girls love muscular guys, even the ones who find them 'intimidating'

You're right though about bulking up - When you bulk up, sure, you gain fat which will be stored in your face along with other parts of your body - producing a fatass look, but the key is cutting and reducing the bodyfat......eventually you'll look like a stud with an angular face, cheekbones etc.

It's all about being in the right proportions - If u're short and put on sheetloads of muscle, it's OK if you adhere to a size/weight class which is proportional to your height...google up old school bodybuilders like larry scott (5'7''), Mike Mentzer etc (5'8'') and let me know what you think. Their physiques are anything but ugly, in my humble opinion.

Also google up 'classic physique' - it will tell what measurements are ideal for your height.

Check this bro out he's only 5'6'' but has an impressive physique (and a chiseled face ;) ):

http://www.matttsinkorang.com/

It goes to show that you can be 'short' and have a world class body and not look like a clown

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
- A girl from the states is more likely to say "NICE BOOBS!" over "NICE PECS!" I only used the term because I was fondly remembering a girl telling me this.
If a girl told you "nice boobs" I severely doubt she was complimenting you. Because I know where I'm from, if a woman says "nice boobs" to a man she is making fun of him because he is fat.

Silverback82

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
Because hes confident. If you're a confident, respectful guy who still does what he wants and doesn't cater to the girl, you're in big time. I'm off topic though.
i'm just saying you can't always listen to what a chick says

actions speak louder than words

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
- A girl from the states is more likely to say "NICE BOOBS!" over "NICE PECS!" Its kind of like saying "nice ass!" instead of "nice glutes!" I only used the term because I was fondly remembering a girl telling me this.

Which states are you from? I'm from the united states and the only thing i've ever heard a girl say is "nice chest." I can't even imagine her saying boobs unless she's making fun of or teasing you.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It says right by my name where I live.

If a girl told you "nice boobs" I severely doubt she was complimenting you. Because I know where I'm from, if a woman says "nice boobs" to a man she is making fun of him because he is fat.
How you can speculate the context of a situation you didn't participate in, but only have electronic text to go off of, boggles the mind.

Since you push the issue: I am far from fat, I lean towards the cutting side of the fence especially because its summer, most of my PACK is visible, but I also maintain muscle mass on my BOOBS.

You guys just want to take this out of context because its the Internet and everyone does. She said "Wow, nice boobs!" with suprise & desire on her face. She can call them man-tits for all I care if it means she wants my bod. Trust me, they're not even close to looking boob-like, she's just funny.

She used the word boobs because its more fun, and she knew she would get a better reaction out of me by using it. Sue me for attracting women who aren't AFC.

Since this is the second time I've had to explain this, allow me to advise you:

Upholding the masculine creed is all fun & wonderful by opposing the use of the slang "boobs" in place of "pectorials". But quit being so anal retentive over the Internet. It saves time. See, you all thought I was some massive behemoth defending getting big, when this entire time I'm a former skinny guy who's making the change. Having any sort of pecs at all is an accomplishment. Having a girl call them boobs is grounds for a fvcking celebration.

Now excuse me while I go look for my man-bra.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
Jesus h. christ you're a nitpicker.

- None of us are marathon runners or olympic sprinters. Take a sample of 100 guys in the states. Make half big and the other half skinny. Put all the big guys on one team, put all the skinny guys on the other. Who would you put money on to win a long distance race? Deny my logic.
The skinny guys. The bigger guys have more mass to lug around, often resulting in more muscle fatigue.

A girl from the states is more likely to say "NICE BOOBS!" over "NICE PECS!" Its kind of like saying "nice ass!" instead of "nice glutes!" I only used the term because I was fondly remembering a girl telling me this.
Girls around here says nice chest. Not Nice boobs.

And BTW. I am a nitpicker. When people toss out information thats wrong or misleading, I do what I can to correct it.

Consent

Don Juan
Reaction score
rob686 said:
You're right though about bulking up - When you bulk up, sure, you gain fat which will be stored in your face along with other parts of your body - producing a fatass look, but the key is cutting and reducing the bodyfat......eventually you'll look like a stud with an angular face, cheekbones etc.
But you can't bulk up and cut at the same time. The body (or face) doesn't work that way.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can bulk and lose bodyfat at the same time. It's called getting your diet in line and using the right cardio to maximize fat metabolism...

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so my running example sucked, mainly because I visualize a skinny guy as someone who's malnutritioned and anything above that as athletic. But lets take a step back to my initial post and imagine any sort of endurance event a woman would find useful and attractive. The big guy will win every time because the connection between upper body strength and a woman's lust.

Girls around here says nice chest. Not Nice boobs.
I'm happy for you. Sounds boring.

If I played by your standards I would say how bruce lee in fact has SMALL muscles because, physically in size he's smaller than most men. Comparing Chuck & Bruce as having similarly sized muscles just sounds retarded to me. I think your perception is messed up because of all the juicers that make it into mainstream media. I simply don't categorize them as regular people because there are so few, relatively. By my standards Bruce is small and Chuck is big, but I didn't correct you. (Because I'm not an *******, and this is the Internet.)

Besides, I've weighed anywhere from 150 - 200 lbs. I've had a six pack, and I've had a large upper body with no six pack. My experience speaks for itself.

Anyway, I'm done arguing, you're obviously better at it. You can go ahead and "correct" my misleading or simply "wrong" advice, or we can agree it was a miscommunication. What was it a wise woman said the other day? "When you get to about 50 you realize that most arguments just prevent progress and are a waste of time."

I mean you "begged to differ" on a couple of my points, but what do you actually believe is better? Skinny, or big? Let's stay on topic, here. It sounds like you would choose the middle ground. Though, as I've just established: One person's middle ground is another person's muscleman, and a third person's beanpole.

The fact of the matter is everyone should be big as they can sustainably be to help attract women. This is why moderately overweight guy will get more sex from a broader range of women than a skinny ripped guy any day of the week. That was the point of my original post: Being big, even if its a little on the fatty side, will get you more women than having a six pack and remaining small. The irony is most guys with a six pack think that's the only thing that attracts a woman physically, but what they don't consider is women mature and realize most of those REGULAR guys with six packs have weak upper bodies.

Last edited:

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
I'm happy for you. Sounds boring.
lol It does, doesn't it?

(Because I'm not an *******, and this is the Internet.)
I wouldn't have been offended. I love a good debate. Don't take it personally. If you told me the sky was blue, I'd argue with that.

Anyway, I'm done arguing, you're obviously better at it.
I am, aren't I? :up: I will be satisfied with the "miscommunication" deal though, just to keep this from being a big internet flame war.

I mean you "begged to differ" on a couple of my points, but what do you actually believe is better? Skinny, or big? Let's stay on topic, here. It sounds like you would choose the middle ground. Though, as I've just established: One person's middle ground is another person's muscleman, and a third person's beanpole.
You're very correct on this one. Everybody's perception is different. You would also be correct to assume I would prefer the middle groun.

The fact of the matter is everyone should be big as they can sustainably be to help attract women. This is why moderately overweight guy will get more sex from a broader range of women than a skinny ripped guy any day of the week. That was the point of my original post: Being big, even if its a little on the fatty side, will get you more women than having a six pack and remaining small. The irony is most guys with a six pack think that's the only thing that attracts a woman physically, but what they don't consider is women mature and realize most of those REGULAR guys with six packs have weak upper bodies.
If that was the point of your original post, then I guess there was miscommunication. I would agree with that. This is why I would much rather have some slightly visible abs, and good all around size, as opposed to shredded abs and no size.

:cheer:
Hoorah for the internet.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to think too that girls hated muscle because they say so and most guys they say are concidered hot are not all that bulky.

In terms of guys with girlfriends though, the guys are usually a little bigger than skinny.

Not only that but after if you talk to girls when they are drunk. Suddenly they talk about guys being hot in a totally diffrent way. Like truth serum something.

Girls like a little muscle. Not bodybuilder nasty looking, but yes a little muscle is for sure a turn on.