Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If You'd Like to Have Tall Offspring, Does The Height of Your Girlfriend Count?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greetings to everyone,

So here's the dilemma I have: I may not be a very tall person necessarily-the height listed on the ID I've been using here where I've been working in Central Africa (based on what they got from the scale they used) lists me as (1.76m in height or 5'9; I don't believe it because I think I am actually 1.80m or 5'10)

Now it just so happens that my current girlfriend seems to have 90% of the qualities I've been looking for in a potential fiancée/wife (someone for a serious relationship, and our relationship has been going on now pretty strong since we met downtown six months ago)-she's a strong Christian, dynamic, pretty, intelligent, big time curves, caring and sensitive, hard working, etc. Problem is in terms of height she's really, really short-1.51m or 4'11.

She doesn't consider her height an asset at all and feels quite insecure about it when she gets to talk about some of her experiences in the professional and business world where people think she can be pushed around because of it or that she's a young lady in her early 20s even though she's 28.

I keep reading about how if a man wishes to have tall offspring in the future, it is best to hook up with a tall woman because the shorter the woman such as in my girlfriend's case, the more likely you are to have very short offspring. Yet the truth is hooking up with a tall woman doesn't necessarily imply that you're gonna be happy with her or have peace as in the end, character is what matters most, at least to me.

And you can't dump someone you're dating just because she's very short. She's so attached to me, I like her a lot too but I'm also trying to think at the moment like a man who would like to have offspring someday.

Weaver

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no such thing as "height."
Height is just a social construct.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Frank,
Assuming you are Caucasian that makes a pretty big genetic gap between you two...In a misceganation the mean average height of the parents is reflected in the Children but fro memory you can add about 7 cms to that because of this gap...That is what happened to the first Pitcairn Islanders who were of course the Bounty mutineers and Polynesian Vahines!

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

@Scaramouche: Thanks a lot for your perspective. I'm not caucasian, though. I'm African. And could you kindly explain to me in simpler terms what it is exactly you mean? Are you suggesting that based on what I explained if I were to have offspring with this lady there's a very great chance they will be short because of her height?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can say I'm in the same situation. I don't know how tall they would be. I'm 5'11" and mine is 4'11.5" She talks about having kids nonchalantly at times.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice would be to reexamine your priorities, but yes a taller woman has a greater chance of taller offspring.

Her intelligence, disposition, flexibility, consistency, work ethic, etc etc, all so much more important than height for considering a mother for children. Good luck.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

You're definitely right, dasein. I agree with you but it's a really tough call to make. And to bmxcetera, I can definitely relate to what you're dealing with. In my case I do appreciate her too so much and won't want to break her heart considering how attached she is to me. She has a whole bunch of pics of our outings stored in her camera, goes through our communication exchanges, etc...but her height is definitely a tough, tough call. If offspring are more likely to take after their mother's height than their father's own, it makes things really complicated. And I sure would like to have tall children.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Frank,
"if I were to have offspring with this lady there's a very great chance they will be short because of her height?"....Sorry in your case because of the smaller gene pool you two are likely to have children whose height will tend to be the average between you both...But genes are strange things and anything can happen!Example I dance with a sturdy Lady about 5foot seven,I also Dance with her twin Sister who is a skinny five foot!....they look nothing like each other!

donking

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche, maybe the two sisters had different dads

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Scaramouche said, height is a very complex trait. It involves many genes and not even all of the pertinent loci have been identified. Of course, tall parents are more likely to have tall children. If you want a greater probability of having tall offspring, your best bet is to mate with a taller woman.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife is 5'11 and I'm 5'8. I have no doubt in my mind my son is going to be every bit of 6'0 when he gets older if ont taller. he's already pretty tall to be 5 (6 in 2 months) and skinny.

I have a cousin that's 7'1 and his mom is 6'5 (my aunt)

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Backbreaker,
I believe she is Anglo you are Afro American...that is a big genetic difference so your predictions of six foot should be spot on...but then somewhere lurking in your gene pool could be the same height gene as your 7foot 1inch cousin,you never know!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Lexington,
"maybe the two sisters had different dads"...Ha Ha yeah as you say it's a wise child knows her Father!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know one thing - if your sons are short, the chances are much reduced that your Y chromosome survives. :cuss: :cuss:

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

@Scaramouche: So at about what height exactly would you consider to be an average between hers and mine if she's 4'9 and I'm 5'10?