Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you think looks don't matter...

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus said:
To expand on my previous post, while I agree that looks matter, Mavrick is wrong in that good game- flirting skills, conversational skills, charisma etc- trump looks any day. (for a guy)
Last week a girl still turned me down after being very alpha and showing high status infront of her.
She told my girl friend later that it was because I wasnt cute enough for her.

Looks matter. It varies from girl to girl but they are always pretty high on the list.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
Get yourself bulked up if you're too skinny.
Get yourself toned if you're fat.
Get some nice clothes.
Get a good haircut. Grow it out, keep it short, it doesn't matter as long as you have some style.
What's most important here is that these are all things that every man alive can do. It's not saying you have to be tall to get the best looking girls, or anything else that you have no control over. It's about making the best of what you've got.

lalahaha

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think there is like a cut off limit, like you need a certain amount of attractiveness so she can at least stand talking to you but once you are over that cutoff line it doesn't matter how much better you look at that point because you can use your skills and finish the game

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I in no way made this post to coddle you. This is tough love my friend. I didn't post this to win a popularity contest. I don't care if I get red dotted or if I get banned.

When I posted this, I was speaking from my own experience and the things I've noticed by making changes in my appearance. Girls who wouldn't give me the time of day about 10 months ago now come to me, and it's all because I made a decision 10 months ago to bulk, wear more stylish clothes, and make myself more attractive.

If you don't want to take my advice, that's not my problem. I know several guys that come on this site and would say they same damn thing I'm saying, and be berated by people looking to make some green dots, and believing in a lie.

There is some great information on the forum that has changed my way of life and my way of thinking, and I'm grateful for it, but none of it will help you with women if you can't get them interested in the first place. It's great to not be looking for a reaction from women when you approach them, but I'm telling you the truth. If you can get yourself looking good, you won't even have to approach so much. That is a promise I'll make to you.

If you don't believe me, go back and read some of Pook's posts about how women became more and more attracted to him as became more muscular. Sh!t I'll even do better than that, I'll link some of it here. If you don't believe me, maybe you'll believe someone with more credibility than me.

Go read Mystery Method, and notice that the first thing he tries to drive home with his readers is that first you attract, then you build comfort, and then you seduce.

Watch PUAtraining videos, and you'll see that all the guys have style. Once they've attracted the women, then they use their tactics that shows great charisma.

Attraction will not get you laid, not on it's own, but that's what all this other crap is for. It's so you want be a chump anymore.

For fck sakes, just take some good advice for once. If you don't like my advice, then red dot me. I don't care about that. I'm not saying any of this to win anyone over. I'm saying this so some of you might have a fighting chance. This sh!t works. Trust me.

Sure there are other ways to attract women like having a great personality, being a great flirt, having a high social status, or being a strong leader, but I'm sure a lot of you guys reading this aren't any of those at this point. Otherwise, why would you be here? If you want those things, start with being attractive to women, and then you'll start gaining confidence in your skills with women, and guess what! You'll start building a great personality, becoming a very good flirt, having a higher social status, and you'll start seeing yourself leaded for once.

Don't change you're life for women, but do it for yourself. Do it to make things easier and don't listen to idiots who say that "you're doing it for a woman". Who the hell cares? If that's what you want, you'll have to make changes. Otherwise, you can keep living the same old life you've always been living. It's not up to me. Not one bit. It's up to you.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wutangfinancial said:
Yep. All of my friends that are good with women are considered hot.

Thing is, if you're simply unlucky in the looks department, you can try everything but you'll still be ugly. At that point you just lower your standards.

Looks really do determine your overall quality of life, given that you have enough money for the basics.
If people stopped b*tchin and saying looks dont matter cause theyre fat and ugly and went to the gym, got a tan, bought decent clothes, got ride of their acne and got a decent hair cut, they would be MUCH more attractive than they are.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wutang, I think you're the one that always gripes that women don't like you because you're short. While you're missing the mark in that aspect, you're pretty close. I'm short, too, but since I've bulked up, women tell me that they don't usually go for guys my height, but my size makes up for it. You know what that tells me? Women like to feel the warmth of a man's protection. They like the strength of a man. That's attractive to a woman, and they want to see that first in man before anything else. They don't give 2 sh!ts about how tall you are when they can see your strength. What does being tall convey to a woman? It tells her that he's a big man that can protect her.

Looks matter in the beginning, but if your attitude doesn't back up the fact that you are masculine, attractive, and protective, you might as well quit now. There ain't a damn thing a man can do about his height, but there are many other ways to become a strong, attractive, masculine man to women.

eatgel

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol... just ask youself this question guys.... if yo were a girl... what kind of guy would you want? Would you want that ugly azz guy who don't care of himself. Or would you want that guy who looks like a prince..
That is common sense almost

Scorrere

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm reminded of a quote from a movie I watched about a year ago.

A guy and a girl (hot) are about to ****. The girl says something to the effect of "I love your hot body." The guy asks "So you're only with me for my body?" The girl responds, "Would you be with me if I didn't have this body?"

Now it might not be just physical looks, it could be power or money that might make a girl attracted to you.

I so want to believe the DJ way but the examples I see in reality just seem to go against the idea that even a fat man could score the hot babe. It's just not going to happen.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick,

This topic has been rehashed over and over on this and...every other dating site ever in existence. 6 months ago I read Pook's posts about looks and initial attraction. I am very happy to say that what was written about looks is true. Something that may be interesting to note is that I have been through all different body types in my life, from fat kid to skinny kid, then to tall athletic guy and then finally to bigger heavy guy. I found that with each body type, different types of girls liked it. Currently, I am 6'2 and weigh 225 with very little fat, so you could say I fit into the "big guy" category. I have noticed that the type of girls I attract now are more in line with what I like.

It sucks to make a statement like this, but, if you want hot girls, you should become a big buff guy. There is so much more to it than that little sentence, but lately I have had 100% success rate when I go out. No longer do I worry about whether or not I meet a girl, I wonder what type of girl I will take home that night. It seems like the open, partying girls go for the big, alpha looking guys first and then there is this trickle down effect where less and less sex occurs downward through the ranks. Unfortunately for me, my face isn't attractive, so I feel that I miss out on the sweet, nurturing type girls and instead get these super-horny, dyed hair ex-athlete girls beating down my door. Through their own admission, they first noticed the way I looked, then wanted to talk to me. I sincerely believe that no amount of game or PUA talent could score a girl like this, mostly because I didn't do anything except show up. It was the women who did the choosing.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can tell people this stuff till you're blue in the face but they wont believe it unless A) they have been there once, or B) they go out and change their appearance.

I am a walking, talking example of how physique and looks PLAY. All the time. This is DJ 101...yet guys try to circumvent the physique and appearance aspect with a bunch of ultra-analytical smoke and mirrors PUA tactics.

I like to put it this way: Looks get your foot in the door. They dont guarantee action or prolonged success, but if you are looking handsome and strong you just got into the ball my friend. GAME is what comes after. GAME is how you conduct yourself with women; how deft you are at social dynamics.

Not everyone is tall, or has a handsome face, or good genetics for bodybuilding. You have to work with what you got. But EVERY guy is capable of being in shape, eating well, and dressing sharp.

What kills me sometimes is how fat girls think they pull attractive, muscular men. I mean I'll give them credit for trying, but there is a giant synapse that didnt participate in that thought process.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason I'm pointing this out is because all the tactics guys learn come naturally once they become attractive to women. For instance, imagine how you'd feel if you already had lots of women? In know way would you be here reading any of this stuff and trying to internalize it because it would come naturally. No one becomes needy and desperate for what they already can get.

Scorrere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
The reason I'm pointing this out is because all the tactics guys learn come naturally once they become attractive to women. For instance, imagine how you'd feel if you already had lots of women? In know way would you be here reading any of this stuff and trying to internalize it because it would come naturally. No one becomes needy and desperate for what they already can get.
I think that learning stuff here can help even if you have the looks. However, I do notice that the guys at my college who are good looking and have tons of women fawning over them are incredibly confident. I haven't seen any good looking guys who aren't confident yet. I know if I looked much better (I am working on it, just takes time) I would be approaching all the time. But what's the sense in screwing up possibilities now when I don't look that great(especially in a college setting where the supply of women is a bit more limited and confined).

Reaction score
Well,what if you are slightly fat? How much does that at all increase,or decrease any chance?

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not nearly as much as your depressing self-defeatist aura kills my chances of wanting to even reply to your post.

Reaction score
Well,that doesn't exactly answer my question. I know I have a depressing self defeatist aura,that's been my problem for a long time. I am working on overcoming that.

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crusader - post a picture so we can see what you look like.

Cuz I have a friend who is 6'2'' 240 - mostly fat.. but he does not particularly "look' fat because he wears layers, has a big frame and moves well.

Scorrere

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
crusader - post a picture so we can see what you look like.

Cuz I have a friend who is 6'2'' 240 - mostly fat.. but he does not particularly "look' fat because he wears layers, has a big frame and moves well.
This is me except I'm 5'6 185. I don't look nearly 185 and when I tell people I weight that much they never believe me. I do look a little chubby but not that big. I'm trying to get back down to my old 135-140 though which seemed to be my best weight.

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This topic is just like the "does penis size matter" topics. Yes, women do like looking at a big throbbing c0ck but does that mean if you're not blessed with those genes you fail @ sex? Hell no, i myself am average and yet after sex i always come out hearing how great it was. Did i go looking for penis enlargement, hell no its a big waste of time but i did master how to foreplay and how to eat a girl out.

Now in regards to looks, yes women do like looking at attractive guys. In general we humans like looking at attractive things...attractive foods, drinks (just think of how alcohol is advertised), cars, etc. Does that mean if you do not have the looks you are doomed for life? Nope, have the proper attitude and be at a verge of success and you'll balance things out.

Now, that doesnt mean if you are a fat tub of lard and you have mastered some technique such as mystery or gunswitch that you'll be racking gorgeous women by the dozen. If facial wise you are not pleased with yourself you can always always always build what your face rests on. Get toned, get your fashion into check, etc. You will see how much better you feel about yourself which in itself attracts many women.

Now as far as expectations go, lets chime into reality and be practical. If your looks are off and you take no action to improve yourself you can go in using any line that exists and you will get no where close to ending up in bed with the women of your fantasies. Instead of having this mentality that you will one day bang some model go for women that attract you by meeting your standards. Ive been with many "hot" women yet the most i have felt attraction (speaking in terms of my hornyness) is with a girl who is maybe a 7. Its a huge shift for me as far as the type of women i have seen but she turns me on explosively.

So...focus on things you can improve and improve them, dont wait, make it a priority for yourself because you will live happier and that is all that matters. Next, improve your attitude and honestly reading tons and tons of articles wont get you there, you need to socialize socialize and initiate.

ExcelNPrevail

Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur.

Get expensive plastic surgery to sculpt your face, and do some roids here and there. Sure...you'll finally fill in that void of not being attractive.

Phewww. Now that that's over. Its "Game" time.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scorrere said:
But what's the sense in screwing up possibilities now when I don't look that great(especially in a college setting where the supply of women is a bit more limited and confined).
This is a scarcity mindset. It SCREAMS out that you don't have options. Never let a woman know you feel like you're screwing up your chances because then they've lost the challenge that kept 'em coming.