Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you could only invest in one of the following stocks, which would you choose first, and which would you choose last?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Toyoda, cause i am going to the dealership tomorrow to get boned on some service, that should contribute to their profits. Target last, seems like ripoff store. It didn't last in Canada, it couldnt compete with crappy tire and weiners.
It's 52 week high was $ 19.73, I'm seeing this with a simple search. Rather close to the ceiling for an investment.

I think if you want to get stock that's going to go up rapidly, you really have to do some research and see if there is a temporary depression on a particular company because of legal, circumstantial or some issue that could be temporary. Invest in several companies like that and if one of them sky-rockets in their stock value then it's all great.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The choices are: TOYOF, UVIX, and TGT
I'd research into UVIX. I see that they had a high of $ 684.50 and would like to know why they are trading at $ 40, and what is the circumstances it bounced up from a low of $ 26 in its 52 week history. Is there a chance it can be that high again? If so, then there is a chance of making a 10* return or higher on any investment within a years time if the facts check out. Or maybe not.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The choices are: TOYOF, UVIX, and TGT
Since UVIX lacks history, look at short-term volatility ETF "UVXY": it has 10 year performance of -77% per year. Again, not losing 77% over a decade, but losing 3/4th of your assets every year. I expect similar from a leveraged long-volatility ETF, so UVIX is dead last.

TOYOF doesn't trade on US markets - it's an "over the counter" (OTC) stock.

That leaves Target (TGT), which has two advantages over most stocks (not just these three): (1) recession risk favors consumer staples stocks like Target. (2) Low P/E ratio, so if stocks take another hit from rising Treasury yields, it will be impacted less.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a reason for choosing Toyota's OTC ticker over it's ADR (American Depository Receipt) TM which is traded on the NYSE? Truthfully I don't know the specific nature of this example, but typically with the OTC option of foreign companies you're going to be in a lower liquidity situation, where you're a price-taker at the whim of the brokers. This wouldn't make a material difference if you're looking at investing long term rather than trading, but it's a thought.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather close to the ceiling for an investment.
Investment, perhaps, that was never my thing. But fwiw, as a short term trader, being near a 52 week high is a very positive thing. I would look for a pull back off the high, consolidation and a flattening off, building a base on the chart, then get in and look for a new high to be set.