Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If you could have ONE superpower...

If you could have ONE superpower...

• Flight

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Telepathy

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Incredible strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accelerated healing

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Lightning speed

• Superior intelligence

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Irresistable charm (no, you dont have it already)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Control of the weather

• Invisibilty

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Invisibility or teleportation ftw, perhaps telepathy.

PROTIP: Control of the weather is for fagg0ts.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imagine having accelerated healing in the sense that you could work out as much as you wanted to and never have to wait for your muscles to heal. If your mind was strong enough you could push yourself to be literally the strongest perosn in the world.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
imagine having accelerated healing in the sense that you could work out as much as you wanted to and never have to wait for your muscles to heal. If your mind was strong enough you could push yourself to be literally the strongest perosn in the world.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking. I think that's the best one.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say the say the superior intelligence because it will get you out of most situations, you can make the rest of the stuff on the list, and will always be a threat.

---------------------
Darn posting rule. Anyway, if I'm smart enough, I can do something to myself to give myself a healing factor, fly, superstrength, etc. Or even easier, I can just train myself to the highest level of physical acheivement, create something to erase someone's powers, and beat them senseless. And when you think about it, the most dangerous heroes and villians are the thinkers because they know how to do things and have the will to make it happen while everyone else is dependent on their powers.

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but healing u have the possibility to have more than 1. u could gain strength.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not only could you gain amazing strength, but with the healing you would basically impervious to disease, because your body would produce antibodies and correct imbalances before anything manifested symptomatically.

Aging would be significantly decelerated; because normal cellular processes of degradation and apoptosis would be slowed or even negated.

Any traumatic injuries would heal in hours or less; not weeks or months.

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Telepathy for sure if we are talking like xavier style. If you could control people's thoughts you could easily control the world and do whatever you want. Accelerated healing sounded good at first, but then you would see every single person you have known your entire life die.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Telepathy because if you can read people's minds, you can effectively control them.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
definatly accelerated healing (I presume we are talking wolverine style here?),

you'd be healthy and live for hundreds of years, and can get super strong/master many skills in that time, you'd be all but immune to death if you were careful and wore some decent body armour in addition.

Cure.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I already have superior intelligence, irresistible charm and a form of telepathy.

Teleportation.

:nervous:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure said:
definatly accelerated healing (I presume we are talking wolverine style here?),

you'd be healthy and live for hundreds of years, and can get super strong/master many skills in that time, you'd be all but immune to death if you were careful and wore some decent body armour in addition.

Cure.
The drawback is you would have to outlive everyone you love. Probably why Wolverine is such a bitter dude.

I think Incredible strength would be awesome, because to wield such power you would have to have a very durable body. Kinda like that movie Unbreakable. I know superpowers don't really follow the laws of physics, but if you were strong enough to lift a semi truck, then your body would have to be able to withstand that stress. Everything would be tougher.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
every power has it's drawbacks but just roughly looking at all of them, i think teleportation would probably be the most enjoyable.

flying is too easily noticeable

telepathy....reading people's minds makes life boring and sometimes depressing. people live for spontaneity and excitement. you lose all that if you know what's going to happen.

for strength, imagine how much control you would need. You could prolem use one percent of your strength and break a door down. too many worries for sex, fighting, and every day stuff.

healing - living too long and losing everything you love as was stated earlier.

speed - nothing is fast enough for you

being super smart is not fun - even now the more and more i understand women makes it less appealing for me to chase them because i know their next move. When nothing suprises you anymore life becomes boring.

charm is the same. its not fun when u know you have it in the bag. it may be for a while but not 20-30 years down the line when u know everyone will say yes to you.

storms powers just suck IMO. atleast in the fun aspect. not much down side here just pretty boring.

invisible is okay for a while too, but then you would probably use it for things you shouldn't. like find out what people you care about are doing and it just ruins the point in life.

teleportation i think would be the best, you can go anywhere anytime. you live the same amount of time, you still experience new and exciting things, plus u get to go anywhere i the blink of an eye. though it would be hard to beat other super heroes with this power it does have the least drawbacks.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i would want a superpower it would be like Irenicus from baldurs gate 2 blowing up people with a single wave of your hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0sOGVSAP4

But if you guys would use your minds for once you should know a superior intelligence wins all... You can invent something to take all the other powers if they excist... And even if you can't, you can still make a machine for strength, something to heal you rapidly, something to enchance your speed... intelligence wins, and it's been proven in real life already...

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Credos said:
If i would want a superpower it would be like Irenicus from baldurs gate 2 blowing up people with a single wave of your hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0sOGVSAP4

But if you guys would use your minds for once you should know a superior intelligence wins all... You can invent something to take all the other powers if they excist... And even if you can't, you can still make a machine for strength, something to heal you rapidly, something to enchance your speed... intelligence wins, and it's been proven in real life already...
unlimited intelligence doesn't entitle people to unlimited possibilities. For example, being smart doesn't mean you'll be able to manipulate the laws of gravity, thermodynamics, or break the speed of light barrier.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flight with no other power attached would suck. I mean hell just being worried about being shot down would probably keep me grounded much of the time. Or what about protection from the elements? Lighting strikes? Hitting the ground at a rapid speed. No you need to full superman kit to enjoy flight. It's a massive vulnerability. There are no airbags for flight.

I'd probably go with teleportation. Amass a fortune, travel the world. And then use my powers to give back and try to help people. Especially in third world countries where people are starving. One man peace mission to feed people and topple dictators. Perfect assassin, perfect delivery.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd want Peter Petrelli's power from Heroes. The power to absorb other people's powers. (BTW, I just started watching season 1 of Heroes so please no spoilers.)

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
unlimited intelligence doesn't entitle people to unlimited possibilities. For example, being smart doesn't mean you'll be able to manipulate the laws of gravity, thermodynamics, or break the speed of light barrier.
That kind of goes out the window when you're talking about superpowers since most break physical laws anyway.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would only want flight if I was invulnerable to the elements.

Telepathy (like Xavier) would be cool, but I think the temptation to abuse it would be too great. Plus, I don't want to know what most people are thinking.

Incredible strength would be boss because your body would have to be equally durable to withstand the force you create. Hence you could use it to leap great distances.

Already covered accelerated healing...live too long.

Lightning speed would be fun for a while...but not the best power IMO. You'd get everything done so fast you would just have too much free time.

Superior intelligence---I mean like smarter than anyone on earth--I think would be alienating.

Irresistible charm would also be fun for a limited time. It's like being better than every enemy in a video game; the fun is lost.

Weather powers are pretty lame, lol. I ran out of ideas here. The one plus is you could make it sunny and mild every day.

Invisibility also has too much temptation for abuse. What could you really use it for other than spying on people?

Teleportation would be probably the best all-around. Instant travel, instant escapes, access to places otherwise impossible. The big question is, can you take others with you? If not, then I wouldn't want it.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
Yes it does... You know everything so that means you know how you can manipulate everything...

I think I wouldn't want this power though... Ignorance is bless for so many reasons...