If you are a cool fit DJ after 30, do you have to be around younger people?

ThePlayedList

Banned
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of older DJs on here (older than 30 that is) seem to end up with a lot of women who are significantly younger than them, I am talking as young as 19 or 22. Now these are college ages and while I would love to sleep with a good looking college girl, I am also left wondering if the reason a lot of guys who hit their stride have to do this is because so many people around our age start to suck after 25.

Everyone wants to get married, everyone wants kids, everyone is over the party scene, and people look down upon the hookup culture.

Seems like the DJ who hit his stride at 16, 18, or even 21 had other cool kids around his age to hang out with and spend time with. He had avenues like say Greek Life and other social clubs full of 18-24 year olds that have that optimistic outlook on life, want to have fun, hook up, have a fun time, and aren't so bitter.

Yet it seems like the DJ who hits his stride after 30 is a misfit because he is going ahead while everyone else is falling behind, as they say, it feels lonely at the top.

Now I find that a lot of cool alpha guys in their 30s do talk about sleeping with college girls and some have even hung around college kids because those kids know how to party. It makes me wonder if after the age of 25, everyone becomes a lame marriage loving prick that looks down on others that just want to have a good time.

It worries me that even though I will hit my stride at 30, how much of a misfit I will feel like because of it because so many of my peers might start to suck at that age.

What are your experiences with this older DJs?

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 32. The guys i hung around with in high school and during my early twenties roughly fell into two distinct categories.

The first one is the guy who got married and had kids and now lives a sedentary lifestyle. This is the guy that usually has to get an "ok" from the miss's to go on a motorcycle ride or hang out with the boys or he works so much to support his family that when he does have free time he's just too tired to do anything and would rather stay home to relax. Completely understandable. I'd say in my area about 60% of guys fall into this category.

The second category is guys who had kids in their twenties and are no longer with the kids mother for one reason or another. These guys either work and have a gf or they live alone and do whatever they want. These dudes are harder to find but they are out there.

Most guys my age are pretty cool to hang out with but that could be different for each person depending on who you chose to let into your life. I chose to surround myself with mellower, mature types, who are goal oriented and established. I avoid the louder, obnoxious types, who want to drink beer everyday and get wasted. I go on a lot of rides and the girls love it! Girls also love the fact that i have my own house, vehicles, and toys. My stable lifestyle is very attractive to them, and they love how nicely furnished and clean i keep my house. They just don't get that with the younger dudes.

So in closing i would NEVER go back to my twenties lol. I was a huge motorcycle riding, car racing retard who liked to party and be stupid.Life is much better now and once my education is finished up in my mid to late 30's i'll really be set! I just have to figure a way to stay out of relationships and having kids until then lol

Reaction score
I am hitting my 30s and I think your best bet at that point are major cities like NYC and Chicago. Small cities and small towns are full of losers who get married at 25 and hate everyone that doesn't do so. I think that most men after the age of 30 who are serious about living the DJ life need to look to moving to a major city like NYC or Chicago instead of being caught in the suburbs or a small town. Not only for the lifestyle itself but also because there are more job opportunities there and just a variety of women as well.

Foreigners aren't as judgmental about age as your typical evangelical American who thinks anyone that isn't married over the age of 25 deserves to rot in hell.

Either go to the big cities and hope to find others like you or rot in the small judgmental towns.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 34 and the youngest girls I've been with were 19. The youngest girl that hit on me and wanted me to make advances on her was 17, I didnt do it as my cut off is 19 years old but at my age I can still date women easily in the 19 - 25 range. I'm in great lean shape, I make sure i take care of my skin and body to keep my youth and testosterone strong. I go for younger Women in the 19 - 25 age range for good reason. They are young, Smooth skinned, Tight Bodied Hot unwrinkled girls. I dont hang out with college aged people however in terms of being sexually interested, I go for the youngest I can go. When your an older man thats well maintained, You have maturity and real life / sexual experience to make the fresh women squirm.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of older DJs on here (older than 30 that is) seem to end up with a lot of women who are significantly younger than them, I am talking as young as 19 or 22. Now these are college ages and while I would love to sleep with a good looking college girl, I am also left wondering if the reason a lot of guys who hit their stride have to do this is because so many people around our age start to suck after 25.

Everyone wants to get married, everyone wants kids, everyone is over the party scene, and people look down upon the hookup culture.

Seems like the DJ who hit his stride at 16, 18, or even 21 had other cool kids around his age to hang out with and spend time with. He had avenues like say Greek Life and other social clubs full of 18-24 year olds that have that optimistic outlook on life, want to have fun, hook up, have a fun time, and aren't so bitter.

Yet it seems like the DJ who hits his stride after 30 is a misfit because he is going ahead while everyone else is falling behind, as they say, it feels lonely at the top.

Now I find that a lot of cool alpha guys in their 30s do talk about sleeping with college girls and some have even hung around college kids because those kids know how to party. It makes me wonder if after the age of 25, everyone becomes a lame marriage loving prick that looks down on others that just want to have a good time.

It worries me that even though I will hit my stride at 30, how much of a misfit I will feel like because of it because so many of my peers might start to suck at that age.

What are your experiences with this older DJs?
Hell no. Young people are typically annoying as fvck. Honestly, I was barely able to get through an hour date with women younger than 25...just brutal usually...boring...no clue what is going on and very little to relate to...

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
I am hitting my 30s and I think your best bet at that point are major cities like NYC and Chicago. Small cities and small towns are full of losers who get married at 25 and hate everyone that doesn't do so. I think that most men after the age of 30 who are serious about living the DJ life need to look to moving to a major city like NYC or Chicago instead of being caught in the suburbs or a small town. Not only for the lifestyle itself but also because there are more job opportunities there and just a variety of women as well.

Foreigners aren't as judgmental about age as your typical evangelical American who thinks anyone that isn't married over the age of 25 deserves to rot in hell.

Either go to the big cities and hope to find others like you or rot in the small judgmental towns.
Co-signed.

Totally agree. The city is the place to be for the single DJ. And the ratio of women and the variety is hard to beat.

Reaction score
Co-signed.

Totally agree. The city is the place to be for the single DJ. And the ratio of women and the variety is hard to beat.
Depends on the city itself but yes, I say a good city beats being in college unless we're talking Arizona St.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 32. The guys i hung around with in high school and during my early twenties roughly fell into two distinct categories.

The first one is the guy who got married and had kids and now lives a sedentary lifestyle. This is the guy that usually has to get an "ok" from the miss's to go on a motorcycle ride or hang out with the boys or he works so much to support his family that when he does have free time he's just too tired to do anything and would rather stay home to relax. Completely understandable. I'd say in my area about 60% of guys fall into this category.

The second category is guys who had kids in their twenties and are no longer with the kids mother for one reason or another. These guys either work and have a gf or they live alone and do whatever they want. These dudes are harder to find but they are out there.

Most guys my age are pretty cool to hang out with but that could be different for each person depending on who you chose to let into your life. I chose to surround myself with mellower, mature types, who are goal oriented and established. I avoid the louder, obnoxious types, who want to drink beer everyday and get wasted. I go on a lot of rides and the girls love it! Girls also love the fact that i have my own house, vehicles, and toys. My stable lifestyle is very attractive to them, and they love how nicely furnished and clean i keep my house. They just don't get that with the younger dudes.

So in closing i would NEVER go back to my twenties lol. I was a huge motorcycle riding, car racing retard who liked to party and be stupid.Life is much better now and once my education is finished up in my mid to late 30's i'll really be set! I just have to figure a way to stay out of relationships and having kids until then lol
This is pretty much it. I have realized I need to find new friends as my closest friends are too lame to do anything without wifey's permission. I have one good buddy that will hang out a bunch, but he is even beginning to get caged a bit. Sadly, most men fall into this trap unless they have a woman that is active and has a lot of friends too.

I think every man reaches a point in life where they essentially outgrow their friends. Their interests diverge too much, and then it is time to find a new social group. That is about where I am at now as none of my buddies are divorced... yet...

30's are great to be single because of what killa stated. You are more established and have experience. I have enough wealth to travel, eat out, and do basically anything I want... that is alluring to women...

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
..interests diverge too much, and then it is time to find a new social group. That is about where I am at now as none of my buddies are divorced... yet...
That's where I am with mine too. I was the first one from my high school buddies to get married, yet the first to get divorced after seven years with her. I'm not cynical or trash the ex around them, I just have a harder time relating to all the couple-y stuff they do (or that I used to do with them and my ex).

I spend more time now hanging out with diverse Meetup groups in my city. I don't have good friends from Meetup, but I've developed a few acquaintances that I could consider decent friends that I'll see at least once or twice a month at events and catch up. Only downside is that people aren't around my age range. Most Meetup people where I'm from tend to be in early to mid 20s that are still college students and many that are divorced with kids in their 40s+. I never had kids with the ex so I don't relate to them talking about what days/weekends the ex gets to watch the kids while they're off adventuring solo.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 29 but turn 30 next week

My male friends tend to be 24-27 age group

MOST of my peer group from school all the guys wifed up single mums or had a kid and is paying child support and settled for some 4.5/10 chick who they are engaged to or **** like that and are just pitiful nowadays, i can't be around people like that.

Also yeah i like younger girls for sex, 18-23.

I just resonate more with younger people, who haven't given up and "settled" yet

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe there is an aspect of loneliness on the road to being a DJ. When I was 21 I had a huge social circle of acquaintances & friends, I was put in situations where I had to focus on work and building my business.

I drifted from most people and kept the likeminded around. I have 2 close friends who are high achievers & will go on to great success. The people I left behind still go out most weekends doing drugs & getting wasted. Their careers are stagnant & they still live at home.

When it comes to women, my thoughts are very much the same. Women between 18-25 are a lot of fun but can also make a lot of bad decisions.

If I were single now, I would target girls in the 18-22 range who are pretty much devoid of the bad decisions typical of that age range.

Young women are attracted to older guys because they provide value, where guys there own age are lacking!

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At risk of sounding like a broken record, it really depends on the individual. I dated a very mature 21 year old last year, a genuinely unstable 30 year old, and a couple of birds in their early forties who have the emotional capacity of an 18 year old.

Generally speaking, if you want a girl with less baggage, go younger. There are plenty of very personable younger women out there, but like everything else, it's up to us to find them.

Like Espi, I have mates in their twenties and sixties. Age is not a relevant consideration, compared with common interests, compatible personalities and shared sense of humour.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Men in their 20's have been brainwashed by their moms, school and women their age. The choice men are tempted with marriage to hot women, but it's a trap.

90% of what we think about age was simply our perception of it when we were younger. When you were 12 you thought 14 was old.

Don't worry about age, worry about staying free. Free of debt, free of a mortgage, free of a boss, free of an ex-wife, free of child care payments, free of physical ailments. When you wake up in the morning you don't want to be forced to go to an uncomfortable place to make ends meet.