Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If not for Christmas, US economy would be much worse?

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems that the brittleness and prospects of our economy are becoming more and more painfully obvious. Many businesses (specially retail) would've collapsed if it wasn't for the Holiday season.

Holiday season is when retailers start turning a profit.

To top it off people keep complaining about how Christmas is loosing its meaning because the word "Christmas" is getting replaced with "Holidays" to not offend some people. They don't get it that Christmas lost its meaning many decades ago and its importance in the western world is but an economical one.

Don't you guys agree to this?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
Don't you guys agree to this?
For Christmas I will not buy anything on impulse. I will only buy quality and I will keep it until I am bored to death. I am looking at some gifts right now.

Remote control helicopter for my dad. Last year I bought him a cheap one. BIG MISTAKE. Thing broke, no replacement parts. I saved a few dollars upfront to lose all my dollars in a couple of days. I will buy a quality mini remote helicopter form a company that does this right with a full catalogue of replacement parts. E-Flite.

For myself I bought myself a pair of AKG headphones. Really nice. Cost me $200 for them, I probably should have bought the $500 model but I can repair this one because everything is screwed together with standard screws and cable connectors. Nice. These I can keep for years and enjoy the hell out of them.

For my mom, I'm not really sure. I don't have the money to spend but life is short so I'll probably splurge and buy her something pretty like an aquarium. I'm not rich, I don't have money, but I'm not in debt because I know when to spend and when to shut my wallet.

metoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never bought or sought X mas presents, and only rarely bought presents of any sort, at all, for anyone. I worked at Wally's last night, and the shelves and shelves of junk toys, etc, are puke-worthy. If I had kids, I'd never let them near that place, much less go inside.