I won the lottery, I think I'm going to give it all to charity.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol not really, just trying to float your guys boat:p

I bought a card for a bingo game. The top prize was $10,000 dollars and I told my friend to play for me and I'd give him half if we won. He could have lied and told me it was his card that won, but he's a good friend.

So now I have $5,000 dollars. All I can think to do with it is party and buy fancy schmancy stuff and try and look like I have money. you know the saying..

"gotta spend money to look like money"

Well that's so superficial to me...

Anybody got any suggestions?

ougoalie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would save that money if I were you man. I have saved about 6.5 grand right now. Its worth to have around you never know the things that come up for instance college bills or other stuff like that.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spend it on booze hookers and drugs and condoms :D
invite me too

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that most people who aren't rich generally will not know how to properly invest their money should they get a lumpsome all at once. In this case I would suggest learning how to invest your money so that it can come back to make you money.

Think of starting a business and use that as a start-up loan. Or use it to get a better education or find a way to use it that will give you a high chance of turn-around. As much fun as going to Amsterdam and buying a few grand worth of drugs to have one hell of a vacation might sound, you're better off investing for your future.

In the end, it is your money dude. Surely there's something you can think of that you want that is worth it for you to use it for.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about where to put the money, but you could try putting this thread in Anything Else...

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amterdam is too expensive

Amsterdam is too overpriced... I wouldn't go there except to enjoy the archecture.. and if you've never been to Europe before. Hanging out in hostels is kind of a one time experience, and you need a good month to really do it right. Aalkmaar and the Showboat in the little windmill town are must sees if you do this, though :)

I'd suggest South America. You can easily do a cool South American trip and still have cash left over for nice clothes. I'd suggest Buenos Aires.

The problem with property is the property taxes are so damn high that half yer rent (assuming you have a room mate) might only be equal to the cost of property tax and insruance!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you use it to look rich, you wont be looking rich for long. Investing it is easier said then done, so sure thats the best way to make the money work for you, but if you cant do that then just put the money in the bank and be glad you got it!

Vincent Freeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think so far anyone has encouraged this, but I am defienetely for donating some of that $$$ to charity. Not are you helping several unfortunate individuals, but at the same time your keeping your mentality healthy. There are many people who become greedy and at the end, they end up with nothing. However, those who always remember to give are the ones who always continue to get. As a medical school student, I can tell you that I have seen many sick people who can't afford to even get a medication they need because they can't afford it. However, this can change by everybody giving a little. Hope to hear you give some of it for a greater cause. The rest, invest and spend.

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Travel. Go somewhere fun.

Go to Europe if you haven't been. Just spend a week in Spain partying and drinking or something. Maybe Asia? Hong Kong or Japan.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Unique
buy sosuave.com from allen
think about it, If you do this then you can add more forums, I mean your always online. Since you love Sosuave so much, why not own it?, plus you can ban anyone you want. We really need an FR forum. we would respect you alot if you do this. you can fire a moderator or hire a new one.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Invest in my life.