I was wrong about Online Dating

Reaction score
As someone with a preference for finding something longer term, I have found this element frustrating.

The bad, sausage fest conditions on swipe apps (and websites before them) lead to more favorable conditions for women, at least for short term sex.

Yes, no one wants to be marketing themselves on the apps. Most people, even younger Millennials and Gen Z, would rather find someone through some real life means. Cmon, who wakes up and decides to go to Atlanta, Ga or Toronto for a weekend vacation lmao.

Yes. Longer term, higher value men (7.5-10) are not going to commit to the woman 1.5-3 points lower than them on the SMV scale. A 6 woman getting sex from an 8.5 man in the short term has some ego value for her but she's going to continue to get pumped and dumped by top tier men and get even more broken.

The man is who is a 5.5-7 on swipe apps is often settling for mediocre to subpar. It's tough for him despite being ok.

@Slowhandluke was comparing swipe apps to real life means. Instagram is not a real life way to meet women.
Instagram is the most hypergamy app on the planet. If you are good looking, rich, or famous then you can literally post millions of pics and message on the planet. On hinge, you are limited to your matches, you are limited to your pictures and you cannot post topless ones, and you are limited to your city. Meanwhile, Drake can hit up any random girl on Instagram and fly her out to Miami for a weekend.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Drake can hit up any random girl on Instagram and fly her out to Miami for a weekend.
He could do that, but why? Random girls on Instagram are "random". It takes time and money to do this. If money is of no issue, than time definitely is. Drake is not going to spend his precious time setting up accommodations and logistics of flying women back to Miami. There are already "random" attractive women in Miami.

Most prominent men are not simps and their thirst for women have subsided a little earlier in their life. Do they want to have sex with a random attractive slut that they have to fly in (lets be honest if a woman is willing to be flown into a city to met a high SMV guy, she's a slut) or try to make more money and be even more prominent; or just hang out at his mansion with his friends. He probably have had so much sex with those type of women before, it just isn't as important as spending his time on other things. Heck after a while, a random chick in Miami is just as good as a random chick in california (or whatever).

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is OLD has done more harm then good. Its there. Use it for what its worth.
Its an un natural leverage to the woman and a barrier for the man.
We can complain about the unfair advantages for women of OLD all day, but it's here to stay. 60% of all couples meet online today. Should we stop approaching IRL? No, of course not. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you're not leveraging every option you have to your advantage. Arnold Schwarzeneggers book

“Remember, at the top levels in any sport, everybody has a lot of talent. That’s what got them there. So relying on talent or raw genetics will not work at the elite levels of competition. For example, when you get to the Mr. Universe or Mr. Olympia level, judges are looking more at what you don’t have than what you do, focusing on your weak points, so having as complete a physique as possible becomes essential.

Excerpt From
The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding
Schwarzenegger, Arnold
This material may be protected by copyright.

The most attractive women are using every advantage they have to get an attractive mate, you should do the same. Whether it's filters, camera angles, butt/hip pads, padded bras, heels, makeup, a high paying career, interesting hobbies, etc.(Although those last few are more masculine examples which women think men find attractive, and women are unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot.) If you to want to compete at the top level, you have to bring your A-game.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
No ones complaining. It is as it is. I don't make the rules. Reality is you are more attractive or not, in the realz. Not on a screen.
Yeah, but you can leverage reality to fit whatever you want it to be. The Tinder swindler is successful despite the reality of him not being rich. He's attractive because he's ruthless and is willing to do anything that'll give him an edge, even if it's inauthentic.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently he is not very brite. Successful numbers are very low.

It's not spelled "brite" it's "bright", and he's scamming old hags who are sitting on piles of cash. His actual gf is a 25 year old supermodel who's aware of his past and literally doesn't care, and openly denies the accusations.

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grammer pointing? Everybody and their mom knows my grammar sucks on this board. No ill say again. Guys that are successful, the numbers are low.
And you want to talk about maximizing oppertunities? Thats done offline man.
It's not grammar, it's spelling. Just because your grammar sucks doesn't mean it has to. This brings up my last point, if you have a weakness, it's better to focus on improving your weakness rather than your strengths. I'm not trying to shame you because there is nothing to be ashamed of, but you must understand that how you carry yourself also is a reflection of how other people see you. Sorry, not sorry. Maybe you don't care, but that's the reality.

As for maximizing opportunity, that's debatable. If you live in a small rural town and your goal is to be a player, that might not be such a good idea, but if you throw in online dating, suddenly you've got girls coming at you from all over. If you live in a city however, cold approaching would be the better option. There's also another factor that plays into it, women can "look over" a guy online before accepting a match. They can check whether what he's said is true about his career and social life through the internet, and any "fakes" can be snuffed out.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The most attractive women are using every advantage they have to get an attractive mate, you should do the same. Whether it's filters, camera angles, butt/hip pads, padded bras, heels, makeup, a high paying career, interesting hobbies, etc.(Although those last few are more masculine examples which women think men find attractive, and women are unintentionally shooting themselves in the foot.) If you to want to compete at the top level, you have to bring your A-game.
Smart and attractive women know to date in the same league. Most people understand this. If an attractive women dates a man out of her league, chances of her getting pumped and dumped is high. Its not in her best interest to "catfish" a high value man. Yes, put her best foot forward, but if the realities does not match the expectations, it's a losing preposition.

This is the same for men, if a woman is too beautiful for the guy, there's a good chance she will leave him to match with another guy who is at her level.

At the end of the day, short term game is different from long term game. The tinder swinder was playing the "short game"; if you want to play the short game and get laid, there are different parameters. The more unethical you are, the higher the success rate.

Longterm game is a bit more difficult. You can artificially make your SMV higher than it actually is, but most of the time, you will be caught. More high value women are playing the longterm game. Short term game is regulated to the average or below average women (these women don't even know they are playing the shortterm game). These women are trying to "maximize" their mate to the point where they are trying to snare men out of their league. Ultimately, it turns into just a hookup for the men and cats and bottle of wine for these women...

Jack22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I could care less about the spelling police brah. Shame me? Nah man ill stick to the game that I got.
That's cool. Like, why learn how to spell? I'm sure we're all going to be speaking with emojis in the next ten years anyway so who cares, right?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not efficient to find LTR. You might be able to get hookups, but at the end of the day, "dating apps" are basically "hookup apps". Also, because there are so many men using OLD, the women you smashed with are probably uglier than you could find in real life. Also, these same women have a higher chance of being "broken" in some way. If they weren't, why can't they find mates IRL?

OLD promotes women having sex with men with higher SMV values than themselves. This is an imbalance which causes theses pairings to not work out longterm... so hence, it becomes a defacto hookup app where the top men are just screwing the lower SMV women. For average men, most don't even match with anyone expect perhaps for land whales...

If people don't believe this, they just need to create their own profile... and "have at it". hahahahha. I have a feeling SargeMaxmus is a very good looking guy. If so, OLD is definitely created for him.
I’m decent looking. When I bulk up I’ll be an 8 at least. This is how I know game does a lot tho since I was a virgin till I was 28. Didn’t matter that I had women approaching me regularly. So I believe in game, and when you got efficient mediums like OLD I think a guy could do very well

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I believe in game, and when you got efficient mediums like OLD I think a guy could do very well
Is it "game" or just being sociable? hahahah To some people, what you call "game" is just being sociable. To a nerd who didn't discover himself until later in life, being sociable could be considered "game" to him.

Like I said. What is your goal? If it is to smash women who are broken one way or another, then yes, OLD can be an efficient medium for people like you. Not hating, but average guys can't do that. Unlike you, average guys do not get women approaching them regularly in real life. At the end of the day, OLD is just a way for top guys to hit it and quit it. As such, it is working as it was meant to be.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Personally I’m quite fond of the losing preposition.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it "game" or just being sociable? hahahah To some people, what you call "game" is just being sociable. To a nerd who didn't discover himself until later in life, being sociable could be considered "game" to him.

Like I said. What is your goal? If it is to smash women who are broken one way or another, then yes, OLD can be an efficient medium for people like you. Not hating, but average guys can't do that. Unlike you, average guys do not get women approaching them regularly in real life. At the end of the day, OLD is just a way for top guys to hit it and quit it. As such, it is working as it was meant to be.
I’m not one for small talk and tend to be blunt and direct with no hidden meanings hence I’m not very sociable at all

Reaction score
He could do that, but why? Random girls on Instagram are "random". It takes time and money to do this. If money is of no issue, than time definitely is. Drake is not going to spend his precious time setting up accommodations and logistics of flying women back to Miami. There are already "random" attractive women in Miami.

Most prominent men are not simps and their thirst for women have subsided a little earlier in their life. Do they want to have sex with a random attractive slut that they have to fly in (lets be honest if a woman is willing to be flown into a city to met a high SMV guy, she's a slut) or try to make more money and be even more prominent; or just hang out at his mansion with his friends. He probably have had so much sex with those type of women before, it just isn't as important as spending his time on other things. Heck after a while, a random chick in Miami is just as good as a random chick in california (or whatever).
We literally just saw what Will Smith did and you are saying prominent men can’t be simps to average women lol.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We literally just saw what Will Smith did and you are saying prominent men can’t be simps to average women lol.
Yes... yes we did, and the whole world is laughing at him. Didn't he just checked into rehab??? and some of his movie roles are in jeopardy? In almost all circumstances, there will be edge cases... but using edge cases to define a pattern is folly. Will Smith is an edge case.. and apparently also a broken man.

Last edited: