I told my GF i'm done for at least a week...

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On Valentine's day my GF had to work till 10pm... We had planned to eat some chinese food at my house after she got off and just chill for the night. Well my roomate and I went out beforehand, and we got a little wasted because some guys were buying all of our drinks. I wasn't stumbling drunk or anything, just heavily buzzed.

Well I left the bar and got the Chinese food. I set it up at my house and prepared the candles and made it look really nice for my GF. We ate and sat down just to talk and she started going off about how I should not have gotten drunk and all that. I'm not saying it was right for me to show up drunk, but I didn't dodge anything. I was on time, got the meal, and setup my house. I wasn't rude or anything to her. She brought over a bottle of wine, which I didn't want because I was already feelin right. I guess this is why she got bothered. I guess she wanted to drink with me, as opposed to by herself just to catch up to me.

Well we talked for awhile and were cool. We did our thing and then she wanted to leave. She never wants to leave as early as she did that night. She even complained about having to drive home. I told her, "if driving over here is such a problem, then don't come."

I walked her out to the car and did not kiss her goodbye. She asked if I was going to kiss her and I just told her no and walked off. She txt'd me when she got home around 3am and said, "thanks for dinner. the food was great."

I guess my non-kiss sent her a message and she wanted to make me feel better by saying thanks. Well I called her around 9:30am yesterday (Sunday) and told her that I'm "taking it easy for a week, and I'll let her know how I feel about this after a week." I also told her she knows I hate drama.

Do you all think this is a good idea on my part? I'm done "talking" things over with this girl. We talked for 30 fvckin mins about this issue and she still had issues apparently. I'm hoping she understands after a week is over without talkin to me 1 time or seeing me, that I'm not taking this sh|t.

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicely Done. U set the ground rules for a decent relationship. U were honest and made it known that you hate drama, you were very romantic on v-day and had a minor slip-up. U just got off work and wanted to unwind nothing wrong with that. From my stand point the fault lies mostly with her as she does not seem to comprehend these facts and was just looking for a good confrontation on v-day, what kind of girl does that?

My suggestion follow through with your plan that includes not doing anything for a week and just chill and get your priorities straight. Then decided if she is still on top of that list and take it from there. Good Luck.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow..are we talking about girlfriends who just happened to choose V DAY to bve their most demanding, unappreciative, nagging themselves despite all the romantic gestures you put forth?

Are we?!! Because, its funny, I just had the same happen to me, and then some..

Crazy broads. Knicknack, pm me if you want to exchange some ideas for revenge, mwouahahahah

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbbrain
wow..are we talking about girlfriends who just happened to choose V DAY to bve their most demanding, unappreciative, nagging themselves despite all the romantic gestures you put forth?

Are we?!! Because, its funny, I just had the same happen to me, and then some..

Crazy broads. Knicknack, pm me if you want to exchange some ideas for revenge, mwouahahahah
you give them an inch and they take a mile... i know you are just kidding about "revenge." i told you what i already did. i called her yesterday and told her i'm done for a week. no calls. no visits. if she can't handle this and wants to end this relationship after a week, i'm prepared. i'd rather be in a fun relationship where i'm running the show 100% and she is along for a fun ride. 50-50 relationships mean she is the man and you are the b|tch.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know about the inch turning into a mile thing..
its funny. You do NICE things for them (not entailign being a nice guy whatsoever) and they still somehow feel they are able to take u for granted without any threat of repercussions. Silly chicks. I think I'm goign to do the same thing with my girl that you're doing starting sometime real soon (maybe tom)..I havent really decided what. One thing I do realize now with relationships is that you have to every once in a while let them know not only who's running the show (I dont care much for the power struggle anyway) but more importantly, that there's a lot at stake if they spite you or fvck up in any way. I couldn't believe her crabby, "princessy" mood after all the nice things I had done for her. I'm surprised she even thought to act this way, because she knows that she can't get away with them with me...she needs to check herself, and thats something I'm going to allow her to do over the next week, unless she makes it a point to make it up to me big time.

Good luck with your chick dude, and good riddance to the worst valentines day in the history of mankind.;)

Reaction score
In situations of strife some women try to vie for control in the relationship, so I'm down for setting the ground rules and reminding women that the man rules in the relationship. However with power comes freat responsibility.

Looking from her point of view, she wanted that day to be a special moment of celebration for the two of you alone and toast over a drink your love for each other. Women like total attention on them, especially on V-Day. You had your fun already with the guys and she felt you were spent because of this and felt second in order behind your friends. I think I would have did the same as you, because that's what we men do; however, I would have been more understanding of her state of mind.

Well, I think you said you did talk about it for an half an hour, but the water was already over the bridge. She is not going to forget this obviously - is she the kind to retaliate to get back at you - mean-spirited?