Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I thought for a second, just maybe, this one would be different...

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/07/08/men.want.to.get.married/index.html

Gentlemen,

You didn't really think this thread would be one of those pathetic sob stories over some broad now, did you? :rolleyes:

While granted, this is not a formal academic or journalistic article, the presumptively chumpish voice, even more presumptively chumpish conclusions of the author, and borderline creepy photo of some guy accelerating the post-nuptial adipose padding of his soulmate should be given high marks for its effort to tilt the table of popular sentiment ever so slightly more toward the feminine.

Please share your thoughts and sarcastic commentary, or if you'd prefer share the moment for you when "the light switch flipped on."

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's this kindergarten writing—both editorially and substantively—which prompted me to quit reading CNN and switch over to the New York Times. CNN is the USA Today of cable news.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"If you can't afford the ring, you shouldn't be moving toward the wedding right now," said Tyler Harris, 24.
Barf. Talk about whacked priorities.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
It's this kindergarten writing—both editorially and substantively—which prompted me to quit reading CNN and switch over to the New York Times. CNN is the USA Today of cable news.

YES thank you.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
Barf. Talk about whacked priorities.
Not only that, but he's only 24!!!

Tyler Harris added up the numbers

"If you can't afford the ring, you shouldn't be moving toward the wedding right now," said Tyler Harris, 24.

It took him seven years to get the ring
. The Virginia couple will marry next May. As a lead underwriter for a bank card processor, Tyler is in the business of assessing risk. Not that Heather was ever a gamble.
So am I to assume this kid has been with the same woman the past 7 years??? If so, he's doomed and just doesn't realize it. Won't be long before he gets' the "we need a break" or "I need some space" speech when she realizes she has no life experience (translation: she wants different c0ck to see what she's been missing out on).

The Chris Parks on sounded familiar:

There were a couple of times where we went to dinner, just sitting there, talking to her, just the way we were conversing with one another, and we were talking about our futures: 'I want to do this with our lives, or that with our lives. Can you picture us when we have a house, kids, a dog?' That really resonated with me. She wasn't just thinking about herself. She was thinking about us," Chris said.

"I liked the thought of that. What am I really waiting for?" he reflected. "I felt like I was a part of something."
That's a PUA tactic. Framing you and the HB as together, using words like "us", doing past/future projections, etc. Women do come up with the best material. (FYI, what I just mentioned I'd already learned from Mehow's material)

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reasons these guys decided to marry the girl are summarized as:

For one man who lost his father, it was the extraordinary outpouring of love and support from his future bride that changed everything; another guy came to the realization when he caught himself balling up his fists in anger the moment someone made a pass at his then-girlfriend; yet another described the emotion of seeing his long-distance girlfriend for the first time after spending months cooped up in a nuclear submarine.

For me, the light bulb popped on at a penny arcade, playing classic '80s arcade games with my girlfriend. Kris destroyed asteroids and hopped barrels with impressive dexterity.

But it was the grace with which she obliterated insects that sealed the deal. Spinning that roller ball, wiping out that quickly descending centipede with master firepower -- I had to marry this girl.

Can you picture us when we have a house, kids, a dog?' That really resonated with me. She wasn't just thinking about herself. She was thinking about us," Chris said. "I liked the thought of that. What am I really waiting for?" he reflected. "I felt like I was a part of something."
For the first guy mentioned, it was that she was nice to him;
for the second guy, he's the jealous type;
the third guy, well, he just hadn't seen a chick in months after sharing a submarine with a bunch of guys;
the next guy, had fun at a penny arcade and the last guy, when she was laying out her fantasy of what she imagined their lives would be living in their picket fenced cottage with the two and a half attractive obedient above-average intelligent kids and pet, felt it would fill a void in him to be part of something... oh man...

HOW they reach the conclusion that MARRIAGE is the answer for what they're feeling, is beyond me. Certainly not good reasons, not a one of them, to get married. The're giving reasons that have to do with their own feelings of low worth or loneliness.

Why not just continue to say, "Hey! I like her. Think I'll go out with her again - as long as she acts that way."

>> It's this kindergarten writing - both editorially and substantively >>

Cool. I thought it was just me that sees our nation's current alleged news reporting as anything but. But read my paragraphs above. That's all the news that fits.