Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I think I'm falling into a depression. I'm not sure what I can do

electro shock

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like nothing exists anymore. Everything is dead around me.

8 years ago I could walk out of my house and the park would be filled with people - kids playing around with their parents watching over, elders taking a walk, some people walking their dogs, a bunch of teenagers playing street hockey... I would just walk out of my house and I would almost always meet four or five people I know and join them in the fun, then we'd go to one of the guys' house and order pizza and watch movies and play videogames all evening.

8 years ago everything was fun, I had a goal in life and everything was working fine and I was enjoying myself with my friends and family.

But now it's just... dead. Everything seems dead. I live alone. I walk out of my house and walk around the park - there is no one. No one. The little kids playing around have disapeared, the people walking their dogs or the teens playing street hockey... everyone is gone. The place is dead. The park used to be filled with flowers, stone structures, bushes, trees... but even that is dead. There are no flowers anymore (the city used to put new flowers every year but they've stopped so it's just dirty soil that hasn't been cleaned for years), the stone structures are destroyed, most of the trees have been chopped off, the bushes have dried up, the grass is dirty and full of patches... this is the park I grew up in, this is the park where my parents took me when I was too young to walk, the park where I would go every day during every summer during my childhood and teenage years. I met all my friends there and I had so much fun there... and now, the place looks like a forsaken desert.

My world has died. There's nothing left. Even the wooden benches in the park are broken. This morning I walked around in the park and I sat down for nearly two hours just thinking about what the place used to be. I haven't seen a sign of life at all - no cars moving in the streets, no people walking on the sidewalk or in the park - nothing. Nothing at all.

8 years ago I would go in the park with my bicycle and every time I'd have five or six friends I'd recognize playing around and we'd join up and have fun and talk movies and video games and fool around the park, sometimes start a baseball game. Now, there's no one, nothing. It's all dead. My friends are all gone.

8 years ago the houses around the park would always be nicely decorated for haloween and christmas and during the spring everyone would grow new flowers around their house. Then as the winter approached everyone was removing dead leaves from their lawns and putting them in bags. It was so nice, so neat! But now most of the houses are on sale and have been abandonned for years, almost decaying. This year, like last year and the year before, no one decorated at all during Christmas nor Haloween, no one puts flowers in the spring. And when fall comes, the dead leaves just pile up everywhere and no one takes care of them. No one does anything at all anymore. It's like if everyone is dead.

Damn, what happened? How can this place just... die...? There used to be so many people here... this used to be my home... what happened to it? What happened to my world?

My phone has not rang for so long... :(

Fender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the outside world mighta changed, but happiness doesn't come from the outside, No. It comes from the inside.

I know i sound like some wierd meditating, buddha guru sh*t, but its true. :)

You won't get any happier by sitting at home sulking, so I'm gonna suggest you to go out there and make things happen.
And while your at it, go read "follow your heart" by Andrew Mathews. It'll explain your life much better. Trust me.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow this was deep. I want to read that book.

I said a prayer for you brother because i know too how depressing life can be.

The only thing we can do is avoid the focus on negative things. Fill your mind with positive thoughts and images even if you have to make them up.

Exercise and become the most physically fit and tough individual you can.

electro shock

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fender: I'll take a lot at it...

I know it sounds weird to be so down because of a place... but all my good memories are from here. This park, this area represents all the fun I've had for all my life. All my good memories are of my friends and this place.

Now, all my friend are either, gone, turned drug addicts, went to jail, died, whatever... I don't see anyone anymore and the only thing I have to remind me of how fun it was is the park, which is deserted and falling in ruins :(

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, do you live in the ghetto? Damn... also, seems like you have a lot of time on your hands, so either find a hobby or get a job or education... 2 hours just thinking? Man... about the depression go to a therapist or doctor.

electro shock

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in a nice residential area... but since there's a landfill 100 meters away everyone's moving out because of the risk of disease. From what I heard, that sort of stuff would be illegal in the US.

I don't exactly have that much free time, either. I'm in law school and the work load is insane, fortunately I just got a 4 day week-end.

Still... the more time passes the more painful it gets. It's like if I'm not capable of finding fun in anything anymore. Everything that happens around me seems bland and uninteresting. I went to a party a few weeks ago organized by students of the faculty and I left after 20 minutes because it was too boring. Everything seems boring nowadays and nothing seems to have a real point.

And the more I'm getting into law the more I'm feeling as though I'm getting "off track" ... I've had dreams since childhood and they all seem to be fading away - and one thing's for sure, I never dreamed of myself practicing law.

I feel like I'm tore away from something that I'm desperately clinging to and the more time passes the more difficult it becomes.

Every meaningless things appear to become more and more painful. Sometimes I'm starting to feel "blocked" and I just can't walk in the classroom because I'm afraid that others would be looking at me, so I just spend three hours walking back and forth along the streets near the campus. I do nothing but walk. The only way I can follow my classes now is by buring 2 or 3 big cans of beer and drinking them in the bathroom before the class. If I start throwing up, I'm ready to go and I can walk in the class no problem. But if I'm not drunk I feel so much pain about every detail that I can't even take the subway home and just walk around the station.

I've been to see a psychiatrist about a year ago, but it's useless. I've been told I need therapy, but with with my workload and budget there's just no way I can find the time to do it. Doctor told me I have something called Avoidant Personality Disorder, some kind of anxiety thing - I know nothing about psychology. But that was last year and it wasn't that bad... but now my universe is just falling to pieces.

Despite all that I'm getting pretty good grades (I'm way above class average in every course), but I don't think I'm going to be able to keep getting good grades if I'm not physically capable of walking into the classroom unless I'm so drunk that I can't walk straight.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to find the cause of depression. Does it happen when you're alone? What are the "triggers"? Next time you get depressed, try to figure out what you were doing at that time, and where you are.

For example, when I got depressed, I found out it was while I wasn't doing anything (sitting around at home), and when I was alone. I solved the problem by going out with friends and doing some sport together.

(Disclaimer: This isn't to be taken as professional advice. It just worked for me)

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also suffer from avoidant personality disorder ... it was one of my reasons for finding this website ln fact. I have always had a hard time getting close to people in general, and even moreso girls.

Actually, my disorde rstems from the fact that I had horrible experiences with two girls when I was 14, I avoided them for years. Only recently within the past three years have I started to force myself to come around.