I think I'm afraid of success.

R.C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the backstory:

She's a co-worker, she has that princess attitude/outlook but is also surprisingly smart and down-to-earth, and that mix is deadly to me. I love a girl like that. She's also hot, and obviously completely used to getting showered with attention.

Flirting with her was very natural and smooth, and I made myself a challenge by playfully rejecting her advances multiple times. This, I think, made her more and more attracted. Anyway, 2 weeks ago we went out with some common friends, had a few drinks and eventually made out. She was extremely into it.

We've been very busy since then and never really got the chance to meet up outside of work, but continued to flirt on and off.

Last Friday though she had to work overtime. I knew that so I pretended to have some emergency that required me to stay late too. I'm not particularly proud of that, but I had to get her alone and had a few hours to kill. Anyway, once she was done she waited about 20 minutes for me to "finish" my imaginary assignment and go home together, since we live in the same area. All this time I was being very cheeky, push/pulling hard and making all kinds of innuendos. Once we exited the building she immediately started kissing me.

The way home was a combination of make-outs, laughs and an overall great time. However we both had plans that night and nothing more came of it. My weekend was also full since I was away on a ski trip.

Now I don't know what to do. She's 23 and her usual demographic is successful guys in their late 20s / early 30s. She has a rich guy planning to take her to the Tenerife Islands, another wanting to take her to Costa Rica and that's just the ones I know about, meanwhile I barely hit 22 and don't even own a car. All I have to lay on the table is my awesome personality and witty charm. I mean I have my life together, good job and all, but I'm just starting out. I can't compete with those guys on that level.

I have no idea how to pursue this and I'd be lying if I said it didn't scare me, it does. I tried my best to remain non-invested and keep my frame, encouraging her to take those guys on their word and accept their trips. And that's genuine, because why wouldn't she.

Anyway, I can't help but feel the window of opportunity will slowly start to shut if I don't escalate this thing we have between us, but I hesitate.

I need some advice here.

PS: I am gaming a few other girls on the side but I'm not nearly as attracted to them.
PPS: I know it's stupid to **** where you eat. Still, we work in different departments and in this case I've already decided it's worth taking a shot.
PPPS: We're going out with some common friends on Friday night, see how it goes. I should probably attempt a pull since she's leaving on a business trip next week for almost an entire month.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
You are obviously intimidated by these guys. I've stolen girls from college/pro athletes more taller, muscular, and obviously more money than me. In addition, the competition at my university is spoiled good looking frat daddies that drive bmws with rebel flags. My parents don't give me **** and I have to work in college. There will always be competition wherever you go unless you live in some isolated town in Siberia. However, I would not seek these girls as long term material, but you can still get a lay.

R.C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
You are obviously intimidated by these guys. I've stolen girls from college/pro athletes more taller, muscular, and obviously more money than me. In addition, the competition at my university is spoiled good looking frat daddies that drive bmws with rebel flags. My parents don't give me **** and I have to work in college. There will always be competition wherever you go unless you live in some isolated town in Siberia. However, I would not seek these girls as long term material, but you can still get a lay.
I see where you're coming from, but I'm by no means intimidated by those guys. The more competition the better.

I was just explaining her usual demographic and the gap between me and it, coupled with the very inconvenient timings of both my skiing and her business trip. Taking all that into consideration attraction levels may not be very stable, and so I'm really not in a position to fvck up. I need something substantially more than a few makeouts to keep her warm until she returns from this damn delegation.

She got out of a 5-year LTR just a few months ago, I doubt long term is something she's interested in and quite frankly neither am I. Relationships are not something I care to complicate my life with for the time being.