Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I still cannot do calisthenics nearly as good as I used to; 4 month plateau

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been doing pushup, situps, and pullups almost everyday for 3 and half months, maybe even 4. I have not made ANY progress at all except with the pullups maybe but it is dependent on how I feel, situps are the same way. When I was 13, I used to be able to 135 pushups twice a day, my situps were just as good if not better, and when I was 14, I was able to do 45, maybe even 50 pullups (I never really tried to go that high, but I probably could have if I did). Granted, the pullups were not a fully extended slack armed hang, but I was still able to do more. Now I can only do 40 pushups at most, and 15 pullups, maybe 20 if I feel really good. I do not know why. Last year, I was able to do 20 pullups when I was slack-arming them like how I do now. I can definitely bench more right now than when I was younger, my squats are a lot better as well. Plus, when I was younger, I would only be able to do one set to failure and probably wouldn't be able to do another pushup or pullup for several hours later whereas now I can do multiple sets, though going to failure isn't nearly as impressive as it once was. I don't like to do deadlifts because my back muscle is stronger than my spine can handle and I think I crush the cartillage between them if I go too heavy so I do power cleans instead. Though if I were to do deadlifts, I would say it probably would have remained the same from when I was 13 simply because I am taller now.

Anyway, my pushups have not increased at all and my pullups only went up by 5 simce I started a few months ago. I hate how I am not improving even though I am supposed to be in my physical prime or at least getting there. My grandpa is either 80, or 81 years old right now. He is a heavy smoker and said how after he recovered from pneumonia, he felt weaker and could only do 37 pushups now. I asked him a few weeks later and he said that he still does 37 but could probably do more if he really wanted to.

How the hell was my grandpa who smokes and just had pneumonia able to do as many pushuos as me? How was he able to do more than me a few months ago? This morning I tried and was only able to do 35 pushups and 13 pullups (situps remained the same, I could increase them if I want to but I want ny pushups to be 50 as well before I increase my situps). I am frustrated at this. I don't sleep nearly as much as I used to, but does it make that much of a difference? I still find it ridiculous. My grandpa was a logger though and I know that genes play a part, but how can my genes so much different from his?

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that Stress/lack of sleep has a serious negative effect on performance!

Are you overworking yourself in and out of the gym?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that Stress/lack of sleep has a serious negative effect on performance!

Are you overworking yourself in and out of the gym?
Definitely not. I exercised so much more when I was 14, 15, and 16. I might be getting less sleep right now though so that's probably why. And I'm not particularly stressed, not anymore at least. If anything I may have been more stressed out from moving last year.