Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need to get rid of a cold FAST. Help needed.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I came down with a flu and I'm not strong enough to lift, plus i have studying to do. Anybody out there know any good ways to beat this thing in record time? Don't tell me lots and fluids and vitamin C, I'm already there.

kRisk

Don Juan
Reaction score
You could try going to a sauna and try to sweat it out?
Or take a ****load of aspirin and caffeine and plow through your exams.. I've been there too you know...

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marlimus said:
I came down with a flu and I'm not strong enough to lift, plus i have studying to do. Anybody out there know any good ways to beat this thing in record time? Don't tell me lots and fluids and vitamin C, I'm already there.
You better NOT do any intensive sports when you have a cold. That would put stress on your kidneys.

Sure most of the time, it's OK. But with some people at unlucky times, it might cause nephritis.
It's something that happens more often in the military, because during bootcamp, usually you don't say "sir, I have a cold, I need to rest" when you have a cold.

If NOT handled well, nephritis can cause you to kiss goodbye to your happy (especially sexual) life...:nono:

So always get some rest when having a cold, you can lift again in a couple of days when you get better.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body needs rest. Get around 9-11 hours of sleep, but don't do it all at one time. When your body fasts, you are depraved of the energy you need to fight the viruses. Split your sleep up into several naps.

protienpowder

Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard glutamine is an amino acid used for the immune system as well as for making muscel.

trance_addict

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea, if its a cold or flu, theres no cure for it. Let your body do what it needs to do to get back to normal, pushing it only makes it worse and last longer.

But if you need short-term relief for work/school, get some sudafed, preferably the stuff with "pseudofedrin" in it, it works a lot better than the new chemical they use now (pseudofedrin is used for the production of methanphetamine, so it's starting to get a bit hard to get ahold of in the USA, most of the major nasal decongestient manufacturers have switched chemicals because of this, but the original one seems to work a LOT better than the new one)

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Echinacea is supposedly very good for boosting your immune system and warding off colds etc. I'm not sure how good it is once you have caught the cold though.

Garlic is supposed to be very good too!

I usually don't suffer a cold more than 2 days, 3 at the most. As soon as I detect it I get plenty of vitamin C and garlic down me, plenty of water and take echinacea tablets.

jhellsmith

Reaction score
If you would like to reduce the danger of chemical hazards, you can try natural home remedies to help you on how to get rid of a cold. One way on how to get rid of a cold is to get some rest. One of the reasons why humans endure common cold is that they don’t get sufficient rest. Resting can refresh your body and fortify your immune system. Also turn on the humidifier at your home. A humidifier can keep the air moist and thus make it easier for you blow out the mucus from your nose.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zinc can kill viruses on contact, so take either zinc picolinate or get something like Cold-eeze.

Take 20,000-50,000 IU of vitamin D. The more vitamin D your body has, the more cathelicidin your body produces and the more exploding granules your T cells will have to onject into viruses to get rid of them.

Take 1000 mg of Vitamin C three times a day.

Eat chicken noodle soup---there is something in it that help with colds/flu

If possible take Wild Oil of Oregano. This stuff is potent, nasty and reigns destruction on all microbial invaders. 2 drops of this in a toilet bowl full of raw sewage sterilizes the bowl. 2 drops in a gallon of milk prevents spoilage for up to a month after expiration date...

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to one of those Doc in the Box type places, and ask for a steroid shot. Done.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10,000 mil of vitamin C a day with a lot of water.

I'm not kidding. Fresh vitamin C stays in your system only for a couple of hours and that's why it's hard for your immune system to quickly get rid of a cold. take about 2000 mil of vitamin C every hour. You'll feel like **** the next day, but the day after you'll be perfect.

All in all if you start now you can completely get over the cold by Friday.

Edit: And before anyone says you'll hurt yourself having too much vitamin C, there's been no cases of overdose on vitamin C. The worst you'll get is diarrhea and a headache.