Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need some muscle mass.

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing outrageous like Governor Ahnuld, but just enough to make me a bit more comfortable, if that makes any sense.

I'm about 125 lbs, and am about 5'10". I'm a skinny guy. Not weak by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a metabolism from hell and it keeps me from gaining any significant weight that I could tone into muscle.

Help is appreciated. First time posting on this specific forum, I'll definitely be coming back.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yuma said:
Nothing outrageous like Governor Ahnuld, but just enough to make me a bit more comfortable, if that makes any sense.

I'm about 125 lbs, and am about 5'10". I'm a skinny guy. Not weak by any stretch of the imagination, but I have a metabolism from hell and it keeps me from gaining any significant weight that I could tone into muscle.

Help is appreciated. First time posting on this specific forum, I'll definitely be coming back.
Go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week. Train and eat like a bodybuilder. When it comes to body composition changes, hands down bodybuilders do it the best and fastest. Here's a top ranked natural bodybuilder for instance....

Watch...learn and apply. This is a day in, day out sort of thing. For year after year. I see you having no problem putting on 40 + lbs your first year, it all depends on HOW BAD YOU WANT IT.

I have gone from 126 lbs up to my heaviest being 185...which was a bit soft but not bad....Short term goal for me is 190-200 relatively lean by the end of the year.

Watch...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIxM2xA3utc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCkFcmcMeGI&feature=related

good basic routine to start on is

chest/bis/tris
legs
off
shoulders/back
off

1-2 exercises for each muscle.....look into my Journal/thread Brotherhood of Iron http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=170855for ideas on how I structure my training sessions.....always aim to hit more reps more weights or perfect technique....

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But.. Carlito, whilst obviously knowlegable and sucessfull, holds a minority opinion on this forum.

Most, including me, would reccomend a simple Squats based 3x5 routine, "Starting Strenth" being the most obvious one.

Read 90% of the posts in "The vault", its all awesome advice, then come back here with more detailed questions, if you have any.

Cure.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yuma said:
but I have a metabolism from hell and it keeps me from gaining any significant weight that I could tone into muscle.
I'm sorry, but everything you said in that sentence is bullsh1t. Every person who I have met who is skinny has said at one point "Yeah I eat LOADS of food, but my metabolism is like ultra fast and just burns everything", yet when I ask them how much they eat it sounds like the diet of an anorexic person. Skinny people always blame their metabolisms, it's a sin even i used to commit. But the real problem is not your metabolism, it's that you are not eating enough. Even then, you are probably not providing a stimulus for muscles to grow, they don't just pop out of thin air you know.

Check out the sticky, it has all you need to know. A program that has you squatting 3x a week is a good start.

JDiddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you have a metabolism from hell?

Ok feed it this

Breakfast:
100g Chips
100g Baked potatoes
50g Pasta cooked
20g Butter
500ml Orange juice
500ml Milk full cream
8 Weetbix
240g Lamb chops
8 White bread slices
11 Eggs

Calories Protein Carbs Fat
3883 170g 330g 205g

Morning snack

1800ml Milk 3x600ml Move flavoured milk
1 Piece chocolate cake
1 Apple
1 Pear

Calories Protein Carb Fat
1872 61g 260g 72g

Lunch

50g Butter
4 White bread slices
1 Apple
1 Pear
400g Vegetables & salad
750g T-bone steaks

2631 194g 92g 163g

Afternoon snack

4 White bread slices
1 Orange
8 Eggs

920 58g 67g 45g

Dinner

250g T-bone steak
300g Vegetables & salad
500g Potato baked
250g Chicken drumstick

1820 142g 115g 86g

Evening snack

10g Butter
4 White bread slices
150g Turkey breast slices
2000g Yogurt fruit Yoplait

2420 87g 328g 84g

Calories = 13500
Protein= 712g @ 21%
Carbs=1192g @ 35%
Fat= 655g @ 44%

this was actually eaten by this guy when he trained at the Australian Institute of Sport
http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/9018-fadis-13500-calorie-diet.html

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cure said:
But.. Carlito, whilst obviously knowlegable and sucessfull, holds a minority opinion on this forum.

Most, including me, would reccomend a simple Squats based 3x5 routine, "Starting Strenth" being the most obvious one.

Read 90% of the posts in "The vault", its all awesome advice, then come back here with more detailed questions, if you have any.

Cure.
Yep ignore the guy who has links to pics in his sig, who has done Rippetoes, who has done Defrancos upper/lower body split. I saw gains on all but when it came to size I wanted....training like a bodybiulder with core movements + isolation work was $$$ More days in the gym and a lot more food = bigger gains.

Rippetoes gave me a great headstart on my legs...yet the rest of my upperbody even until this day is still playing catch up.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jiddy... that's a crazy diet!!!! Great for 6'8" - 325 lb NFL tackle during training camp, but I think a 125 lb guy would get sick on it!!!

Diet's by FAR the most important thing that you'll need to be consistent at to be successful in any fitness endeavor. 75% of the game is diet. In your case I'd recommend 3500 cals/day for starters w/ ATLEAST 200 g of protein divided into 5-6 meals. That's roughly, 700 calories and 40 g of protein per meal. Don't be afraid to eat macdonalds' or other crap once in a while. Supplement w/ a good quality multivit., EFAs (high potency fish oil), and anti-oxidants.

There will never be a consensus on what training modality is best. Therefore, its upto you to figure out what works for your body type. You'll also have to factor in things lifestyle, and how well you adhere to your diet. Guys like Carlito see results because their diets are spot on and they're very consistent. IFF you can do that 95% of the time, I'd recommend going to the gym 4-5 times like he's suggesting. Otherwise, stick w/ 3 times, or even less. I was 5'8" - 125 when I started. I was able to put on 40 lbs in my first year, and I didn't know ANYTHING about diet. I trained my whole body, taking every set to failure, 2x/week... and that seemed to work for me.

Make sure you train w/ high intensity... stick w/ big compound (multi-joint) movements as your base. Squats, deads, shoulder and bench press, dips/chins should be your base. I've been training for over 11 years, and these exercises still comprise the basis of my program. It KILLS me when I see small, skinny, or even normal guys at my gym doing endless sets of bicep curls and not training legs and back.

As Cure said, read on your own, come up w/ a program and ask more detailed questions. The guys on this board are great at answer great questions... not simple shiiite like... help me get huge... Lifting and being big, strong and lean is HARD WORK. If it was easy everyone would be jacked. You're gonna have to put the work in to educate yourself and ask the right questions before we can help you appropriately.

Good luck.