Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need some help regarding my physical fitness.

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Goals:
- 44 crunches in 2:00
- I can do 35 or so, maybe 40.
- Run 1.5 miles in 13:30
- I can do 1.5 miles in 11:06. My recent smoking has increased the time to 12:53...****.
- 2 pull-ups/chin-ups
- I can do 0.

I am 5'9 and weigh ~170lbs.

Workout Schedule:
*Mon:
- Push ups[3 sets of 10]
- Sit ups [3 sets of 10]
- Bench Press [3 sets of 85lbs]
- Tricep Pushdown [3 sets of 85lbs]
- Bicep Curls [3 sets of 7.5lbs]
- 15 mins of Cardio [1.5 miles]
*Tues:
- Rest
*Wed:
- Push ups[3 sets of 10]
- Sit ups [3 sets of 10]
*Thurs:
- Rest
*Fri:
- Push ups[3 sets of 10]
- Sit ups [3 sets of 10]
*Sat:
- Rest
*Sun:
- Family day

I have until 7/31/09 to be able to meet my goals. I'm particularly interested in diet. I don't really have a diet right now but I was thinking about going to a Supplement store and getting something that would give me the vitamins I need to bulk up and get stronger. What do you guys suggest? What exercises should I add/subract? Should I increase how many sets I do? Reps? What about diet? My parents are strict vegetarians and they don't know that I do eat meat, so I can't really ask my mom to cook meat for me. Should I start taking supplements? I've heard of something called P90X but I have no idea what it is. Help!:rockon:

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:box:

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you lift heavier weights? 85lb bench press? 7.5lb curls?
At such light weight you aren't going make much progress

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I can lift heavier. I max at like, 110 bench and I can curl with 15's.

It's harder, but I can do a set or so.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
forget supps for now, you've gotta get your diet in order before bothering with them.

are your parents vegan?

if not, eggs are your best friend.

but it's not like your goals involve adding a lot of bulk. your proposed workout doesn't fit your goals let's take em one at a time:

- 44 crunches in 2:00
- I can do 35 or so, maybe 40.

then do crunches 2 or 3 times a week, as many as you can in one shot. if you can't hit this goal in two weeks you're not really trying.

forget the sit-ups, if your real goal involves crunches. rule number one: train for what you want to be able to do.

- Run 1.5 miles in 13:30
- I can do 1.5 miles in 11:06. My recent smoking has increased the time to 12:53...****.

stop smoking. but you've already reached this goal. to motivate yourself, set a more ambitious one, like say, under 10 minutes.

- 2 pull-ups/chin-ups
- I can do 0.

try assisted chin ups, or lowering yourself carefully from the top position (use a chair to get up there) to get to the point that you can do one. do this twice a week.

these are really easy goals, and don't even necessarily require a change in diet, just a bit of training consistency. you can do much more if you want, but will probably need to think adjust your diet in that case. who or what has supplied these goals?

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thankfully, my parents are not vegan and I do eat eggs. How many eggs should I consume per day? I'll definitely use your plan, Throttle. Thanks!

Oh, and the Marine Corps set the goals.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you going to get better at chin ups, running, and crunches if you never actually do them in your program :confused:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's no magic number of eggs, but they're the easiest way for a non-vegan vegetarian to up their protein intake.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
also with chin-ups i think it's better if you kind of dangle there and really, i mean really struggle to try and get yourself up there. You probably won't make it but your body adapts really quickly and you'll be doing them really soon. (It's what i did anyway)

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
How are you going to get better at chin ups, running, and crunches if you never actually do them in your program :confused:
I do running and sit-ups in my program. I don't do chin-ups because I can't. As soon as I get my license, I'll sign up for a membership at a full gym.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
find a fixed bar, whatever it takes, kid's monkeybars at a playground or whatever, and start working on those chin-ups (just not your bathtub's curtain rod, it isn't built for that sort of thing).

maybe you could con your parents into letting you install a chin-up bar in a corner of your room. just make sure you attach it to the wall-studs. do they know about your marine corps plans?

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
find a fixed bar, whatever it takes, kid's monkeybars at a playground or whatever, and start working on those chin-ups (just not your bathtub's curtain rod, it isn't built for that sort of thing).

maybe you could con your parents into letting you install a chin-up bar in a corner of your room. just make sure you attach it to the wall-studs. do they know about your marine corps plans?
Oh yeah. They know. I ship in like 5 months. I have the necessary equipment for everything else except the pull-ups. Hmm, I think it's time to do a little explorin'.:D

Zaraza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
are you in high school or college? Schools have gyms you can use. This way you can start workin out there until you get your license.... Is a gym close by bicycle? or Bus?