Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I need help

One.Step.Closer

Reaction score
Ive been going insane lately. For about the last year my hair has been thinning, its getting progressively worse everyday. At this rate i will have nothing left soon. IM F*CKING 20 years old! this shouldnt be happening to me. I used to have thich full hair in HS, now my hair feels like string. I cant even go to a bar without a hat now. I am losing my mind. Its making me lose all ambition in life. I have no drive to be a stockbroker, or lawyer which i planned, when i have 0 % self-confidence.

Going bald will not be an option for me. Sure i can get by some days Thickening shampoo and hair gel to cover up patches...but this can not continue, i want my old hair back. I am willing to do anything. I have been researching this topic extensively. My first step is i started taking Nizoral 2%, to kill fungus. I am going to order provillus soon. I know there are lots of critics to this supplement , but at age 20 im not quite ready to get into the prescription drugs. If provillus doesnt work, my next will have to be Propecia, which im scared to death to see my family doctor about! That will be the most awkward conversation with my parents.

About me: High stress i think my be a factor. I am in a hard program at university, and have a pretty stressful job dealing with people. I used to go the gym 3 times a week, but the last 2 months havent gone because of school. My diet isnt perfect, but it isnt a problem either. Im not overweight, my dad has a full head of hair. I know theres other factors as well.

Sorry my first post is a rant, but if anyone has had a similar experience any advice would be great. This is literally consuming my every thought. I feel like i never want to leave my room again.

Thanks guys

-=Ice-T=-

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have two options basically:

Option 1: finasteride+minoxidil+Nizoral

Keep in mind there are many side effects with Propecia.

Option 2: Get cut and shave your head and stop worrying about it.

Balding is a slow and painful process, do you really want to go through it? Being bald also will not kep you from getting girls.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Option 3: Get implants

Option 4: Get a wig :D

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shave it off, I have a friend who's got a major receding hairline going at age 22 and is very successful with the ladies, he shaves it off.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man it has nothin to do with your dad. ask your mum how old her dad was when he went bald. it's heritable on the mother's side.
also, just give yourself a buzzcut. i know a couple of guys who lost most of their hair by 22 or 23, and they just buzzcut the rest real short, put some wax in it, and bam: your neck looks thicker. i suggest you start lifting heavy as well.

friggin americans need to chill out

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
go see a doctor, a testosterone deficiency/overproduction (i'm not sure) causes hair loss

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diet.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to feel the same, never considered taking drugs though to get my hair back. I shaved my head about 5 months ago and i've never got so many digits or been laid so regular in my life. I've even got approached alot because they think my shaven head looks 'hot'. I've gone at the temples. so i've got the horse shoe type thing at the front. The main reason i shaved it though, is because i saw pictures of myself and my attempt ar covering my bald patches looked ridiculous.

But go see your doctor man, i'm sure you won't be the first or the last they'll see about balding problems.

One.Step.Closer

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Shaving the head is not an option i would buy a *****n wig before i do that. It loooks terrible on me. I think seeing a doctor is my best option, my hair loss is still recoverable, i can gel my hair sometimes, that you cant even tell. Im only 20, so this is a complete nightmare. Im sooooo nervous about talking to my parents about this. They will have to help me pay for it, i think. If i go by myself to the doctor, is he supposed to keep it confidential?
I was also wondering if i could go to a different doctor perhaps, not my family doctor, is that allowed?

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One.Step.Closer said:
About me: High stress i think my be a factor. I am in a hard program at university, and have a pretty stressful job dealing with people. I used to go the gym 3 times a week, but the last 2 months havent gone because of school. My diet isnt perfect, but it isnt a problem either. Im not overweight, my dad has a full head of hair. I know theres other factors as well.

Sorry my first post is a rant, but if anyone has had a similar experience any advice would be great. This is literally consuming my every thought. I feel like i never want to leave my room again.

Thanks guys
It might be Alapecia which is caused by high stress. Check it out on the web or ask your doctor about it. Cheers!

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One.Step.Closer said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Shaving the head is not an option i would buy a *****n wig before i do that. It loooks terrible on me. I think seeing a doctor is my best option, my hair loss is still recoverable, i can gel my hair sometimes, that you cant even tell. Im only 20, so this is a complete nightmare. Im sooooo nervous about talking to my parents about this. They will have to help me pay for it, i think. If i go by myself to the doctor, is he supposed to keep it confidential?
I was also wondering if i could go to a different doctor perhaps, not my family doctor, is that allowed?
Well at least here in Greece after 18 years old you can do anything you like without having the parents to know about it! You can go to a doctor and ask him not to tell it to your parents! He has given a swear that he is not aloud to talk to anyone if you don't want it to! Going to an other doctor may cause you some extra money spent! I would say to go to your doctor, get his advice (after telling him that you don't want your parents to know about it) and after that see what you can do...

DonJuanit0 out...

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, no one really cares. Really.

More guys than not seem to have some balding to me. I'm at work now and just about everyone here over 25 has some.

And women don't seem to notice/care at all. Sure they'll use it against you thinking it will hurt your self esteem when they're pissed at you, but they sure didn't seem to care when you first started seeing them so they're just grasping at straws trying to hurt you.

You're pretty much the only one who gives much of a sh1t about you balding.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
Dude, no one really cares. Really.

More guys than not seem to have some balding to me. I'm at work now and just about everyone here over 25 has some.

And women don't seem to notice/care at all. Sure they'll use it against you thinking it will hurt your self esteem when they're pissed at you, but they sure didn't seem to care when you first started seeing them so they're just grasping at straws trying to hurt you.

You're pretty much the only one who gives much of a sh1t about you balding.

What I would like to say after reading this is something I've heard from a teacher of mine! No one can really hurt you except for your own self! I think it's true! Think about it! It's your self you have to live with! :D

Last edited: