Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

i love you

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How long should a guy wait before he tells a girl that he loves her? When would it be too soon?

sano

Don Juan
Reaction score
I waited until 7 or 8 months in my current relationship before i said it. Also once you do say it; only say it sparingly afterwards.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone is different, but the idea here is to avoid chasing her off by saying it too soon. I'd say you want to wait at least 5-6 months after seeing a girl regularly. That's me though.

Sir Shags Alot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wait for her to say it first!

ulsterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
You never stated whether or not you actually DO love her. But I'll assume you do, in which case it might be wisest to wait until she tells you she loves you before you tell her. It's something that should be used sparingly, as another poster suggests, otherwise it loses its worth. You can say it once, and mean it, and convince her you meant it, and then not say it again for a while, by which time she may be wondering why you haven't said it lately. Then when you say it again, it will have reassuring value to her. Just as long as no woman gets to think of you as hers unconditionally at any time, I think that's the thing to be borne in mind. Some DJs might call this "being a challenge".

Beebo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a girl tell me when i did not love her back and it made the moment really awkward cuz i did not know what to say back. Cuz of that, my current gf asked me that question, who should say it first and i said the guy. Only cuz i did not want to get stuck again. Though i could see myself saying it back, though not for a while, i choose not to abuse those words. Especially if you have something worth holding onto. I think she asked me that cuz she was thinking of saying it. So i think when i say it, it should be good.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Shags a Lot is right:

Wait for her to say it first. and even then, maybe u shudnt say it back!

Broadband

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating a girl for 14 months and have yet to tell her I love her even when i hear it multiple times a day. I honestly don't know how I should feel before saying it thus it has remained unsaid.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMFAO!!!! I went to school with you! Since I somewhat know you, you REALLY need to read the DJ bible.

How long should a guy wait before he tells a girl that he loves her? When would it be too soon?
An appropriate time would be when you're in a LTR with her. This is the only place the word "love" belongs. If you're not exclusive with the girl, then the word "love" would have more of a negative effect than a positive one.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jake Steed had a really good line on this one. Something about how talk of relationships shouldn't come out of your mouth till you've come in hers. Classic.

Covey21

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no time frame when you feel you love her then say it.

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Covey21
Please explain.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, you cannot develope the feeling of love on command, but you can protect yourself from falling in love too quickly. Becoming blinded by emotion will only lead to trouble and heartbreak.

A person should hold himself back from becoming too emotionally involved in a woman, until he has become exclusive with the woman. However, this doesn't mean that you tell her right after you become exclusive. Becoming exclusive only means that you're focusing on one woman, and you're willing to give up all your other options to spend more time with her and get to know her better. THIS is what should lead to love, and telling those words that let her know you mean it.

Judging from Pakwah's first post entitled "25 and lonely", I highly doubt he's in an exclusive relationship.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dontmindme
Right before penetration.

bwahahaha

on a serious more serious note - NEVER say it before she does. You will only know FOR SURE that she loves if she says it first. Plus a DJ NEVER says I love you before 2 months.

Pakwah

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bungo Pony???? We went to school together? How do you know me?