I know a lot of men who are excellent catches who don't do well in dating

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
example of what im talking about - this dude I met 3 weeks ago - 6'2, good looking All American face, athletic (was nearly a pro baseball player), perfect hairline, incredibly chill and likable, just a genuinely fantastic person through and through, very charismatic. My feeling with him is he doesn't date much at all. I saw him approach someone at a bar who is a 6/10 (he is an 8.5) and she ghosted on him.

I see this a lot nowadays. Does the opposite of that exist? Can you imagine a tall, beautiful, super chill, a near former pro athlete woman having minimal dating success? The female version of him or me has a billion dating options right?

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You seem to think the "value" of man when it comes to dating is different than what he can fetch on the dating market. As if they are two independent measuring systems.

It's like saying I know a guy who is rich, but he somehow can't afford to buy anything.

If a dude sucks at dating, he is NOT a catch.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
You seem to think the "value" of man when it comes to dating is different than what he can fetch on the dating market. As if they are two independent measuring systems.

It's like saying I know a guy who is rich, but he somehow can't afford to buy anything.

If a dude sucks at dating, he is NOT a catch.
so if a 6'2 good looking white guy who was nearly a pro baseball player and is massively/instantly likeable can't get dates, how does anybody get dates nowadays?

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
lol dave you are 30, rich, big, and act like crybaby 12
this dude is better looking than me, 4 inches taller and is 100% white (which is very powerful in itself)

Only thing is he is avg income wise (makes 40 to 60K). He should have women falling over themselves everywhere he goes to meet him. Second you start talking to him, you can tell he is a fcking great guy.

Dating is so unbelievably fcked up nowadays

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating is so unbelievably fcked up nowadays
No, it is not. It is if you think that YOUR IDEA of your subjective value SHOULD BE THE SAME as hers.

This is the exact same problem that people misunderstand in economics.

The price of anything is ONLY UP TO what the purchaser wants to pay.

You're like a guy who loves grilled cheese sandwiches. You think they are the absolute best food on earth.

And because YOU like them, you think everybody else SHOULD like them.

So you open up a restaurant and fail miserably.

You think the world of food buyers is MESSED UP because they don't like grilled cheese sandwiches.

You think this is an objectively measurable PROBLEM with the food buying public.

The ONLY MEASURE OF YOUR DATING VALUE comes from the WOMEN on the dating market.

Not what YOU THINK is valuable.

If you talk to 100 women, and few are attracted to you, YOU ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE.

It doesn't matter how much of a catch you think you are.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
No, it is not. It is if you think that YOUR IDEA of your subjective value SHOULD BE THE SAME as hers.

This is the exact same problem that people misunderstand in economics.

The price of anything is ONLY UP TO what the purchaser wants to pay.

You're like a guy who loves grilled cheese sandwiches. You think they are the absolute best food on earth.

And because YOU like them, you think everybody else SHOULD like them.

So you open up a restaurant and fail miserably.

You think the world of food buyers is MESSED UP because they don't like grilled cheese sandwiches.

You think this is an objectively measurable PROBLEM with the food buying public.

The ONLY MEASURE OF YOUR DATING VALUE comes from the WOMEN on the dating market.

Not what YOU THINK is valuable.

If you talk to 100 women, and few are attracted to you, YOU ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE.

It doesn't matter how much of a catch you think you are.

so what happened to things like looks, body, personality, height that everybody in the world says is very important to women yet my friend has all of them and doesn't have much success in dating?

he is pretty much a Chad just FYI. All American extraordinarily handsome tall white dude

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Being a nice guy that everyone likes has zero to do with a sexy personality. Some if the biggest POS do the best with women.
so being a fantastic person and also being 6'2 and All American super handsome isn't enough to get a decent woman nowadays?

and you guys say dating is not completely fcked?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
so being a fantastic person and also being 6'2 and All American super handsome isn't enough to get a decent woman nowadays?

and you guys say dating is not completely fcked?
you ruin people's mood with each of your posts lol. takes a skill to transfer this much negativity from real life to someone else through internet

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
you ruin people's mood with each of your posts lol. takes a skill to transfer this much negativity from real life to someone else through internet
I'm being very serious

This guy is fcking awesome. You spend 5 minutes with him and you will love him. He's probably 1 step below male model (legit top 99.9 percentile of men)

and its still not good enough for the modern woman

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I'm being very serious

This guy is fcking awesome. You spend 5 minutes with him and you will love him. He's probably 1 step below male model (legit top 99.9 percentile of men)

and its still not good enough for the modern woman
stop putting males on pedestal, thats gay

Chev.Chelios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
k well while everyone's complaining about rich, successfully guys that have James Bond looks not getting results..

the little short coke dealer covered in tattoos that hangs around the bars all night is banging the hottest girls..

lil pump is drowning himself in drugs and is ****ing all those girls

lawl

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
k well while everyone's complaining about rich, successfully guys that have James Bond looks not getting results..

the little short coke dealer covered in tattoos that hangs around the bars all night is banging the hottest girls..

lil pump is drowning himself in drugs and is ****ing all those girls

lawl
james bond looks? Daniel craig is ugly as hell

My buddy is 5x better looking than the current James Bond

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm being very serious

No, you're not. You're being self deceptive and missing the point completely.

What YOU think is attractive is NOT what women think is attractive.

If you REALLY wanted to find out what was attractive to women, you would study the behavior of the guys that they are actually getting together with.

Pro Tip: Girls that get together with the guys they get together with don't give two rat fvkcs who YOU THINK they should be getting together with.

They get together with guys they are ATTRACTED TO. If you aren't that, don't blame them.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

No, you're not. You're being self deceptive and missing the point completely.

What YOU think is attractive is NOT what women think is attractive.

If you REALLY wanted to find out what was attractive to women, you would study the behavior of the guys that they are actually getting together with.

Pro Tip: Girls that get together with the guys they get together with don't give two rat fvkcs who YOU THINK they should be getting together with.

They get together with guys they are ATTRACTED TO. If you aren't that, don't blame them.
Thank them for not wasting your time.

ohrein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so what happened to things like looks, body, personality, height that everybody in the world says is very important to women yet my friend has all of them and doesn't have much success in dating?

he is pretty much a Chad just FYI. All American extraordinarily handsome tall white dude
Because he lacks game? Super nice guy probably friend zones himself and doesn't escalate. Since women probably think he's out of their league, they're not gonna make a move either so he never gets anywhere. If he'd ask them out and escalate he'd probably do fine. Go on any dating sub reddit or forum and there are always really attractive dudes struggling to get dates.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Because he lacks game? Super nice guy probably friend zones himself and doesn't escalate. Since women probably think he's out of their league, they're not gonna make a move either so he never gets anywhere. If he'd ask them out and escalate he'd probably do fine. Go on any dating sub reddit or forum and there are always really attractive dudes struggling to get dates.
yes and vast majority of them are social retards with no friends who are probably very creepy or awkward.

This guy makes you feel extremely comfortable instantly around him