Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Just. Dont. Get It.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 27 years old, 6'0 175, MBA from UCLA, Financial Advisor, Own a Home, Nice Car, Fly Airplanes, love to Surf and Scuba Dive, great family... I think I'm a great all-around guy. The problem is... I can't get a girlfriend to save my life. I'm not horrible to look at so I can get dates, but I can't get beyond that and I've become insecure about it all. I've been on a couple of TV Shows (Blind Date, Street Smarts)... yeah the big ones!! Maybe all the girls in OC have seen me? I've thought about going to a shrink to figure it all out because I can't help but wonder...

What's wrong with me?

Fvcking tools get girlfriends so why can't I? Maybe I set my standards too high? I just don't know.

I know I have a lot to offer someone. Why don't they see this? Am I too nice? Not alpha/mysterious enough?

So.fvcking.confused.

DJsomeday

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I can't get a girlfriend to save my life" dunno if it's a very used expression in the US or whatever, but with that attitude i think you can come off as needy.

Have you ever read Weapons Of Mass Seduction? just look for Señor Fingers posts it really makes you change your outlook about life in general not just women and it sure helps you get your game on and get like 200% better with girls than u used to.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just feel like I'm lacking something. I've been successful at whatever I do in life; school, sports, business, flying, etc. When it comes to women I can get dates, I can get laid but I can't get anything beyond that. For once in my life I want more and I can't have it. It's pissing me off.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJsomeday said:
"I can't get a girlfriend to save my life" dunno if it's a very used expression in the US or whatever, but with that attitude i think you can come off as needy.

Have you ever read Weapons Of Mass Seduction? just look for Señor Fingers posts it really makes you change your outlook about life in general not just women and it sure helps you get your game on and get like 200% better with girls than u used to.
Don't read that.

Its lame.

Like everything on this sharty site.

Just be yourself and don't waste your time on this forum.

Oh wait...what the hell am I saying? I am wasting time lol

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just feel like I'm lacking something. I've been successful at whatever I do in life; school, sports, business, flying, etc. When it comes to women I can get dates, I can get laid but I can't get anything beyond that. For once in my life I want more and I can't have it. It's pissing me off.
Love has been replaced by materialism.... can't you see it around you?

All everyone wants these days is attention, not love.

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Play the Game said:
Love has been replaced by materialism.... can't you see it around you?

All everyone wants these days is attention, not love.
That might be true to an extent and I won't deny that I may have some materialistic attributes. But those who know me, know that I'm probably one of the most grounded, well-spoked, caring men they'll ever meet.

I want attention and love. Haha. I'm sick of the dating game. I work too much to play it full-time.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Industry are you one of those male fashion model looking type of guys?

If so perhaps your appearance is intimidating to chicks.

Like maybe they think you're a player or they're not worthy of you and wouldn't be able to keep you if they were your girlfriend lol.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you are not scaring the chicks with your good looks. What are you talking about though? You can get laid but can't get beyond that? What the hell is beyond that? You actually think people fall in love and stay together forever? Not today buddy.

DJsomeday

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you hook up in night clubs, stop, you won't find a good companion there or someone looking for a LTR (at least not often). Besides that, i think there are women (some) mature enough to want a real relationship.
I have a friend who says she'll marry someone who she can talk to till dawn and never get bored bcuz that's what will eventually last in the long run when they are old and whatnot, and no she is not fugly and yes she really means it, turns out his BF besides being confident and all is an excellent conversationalists.

Bigdavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know how you feel. I'm 25, educated, I've got a better job than anyone else i know in my agegroup, I'm good looking (I usually get an 8 or 9 depending on the picture on hotornot.com), I've always been the funny guy who is the life of the party most of the time. All of my freinds, family, co-workers, and even my sisters girlfriends all think I am this mack daddy that gets all the women I want.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I've never even had a serious long term girlfriend, not because I'm a player and didn't want one either but because everytime I date someone and decide I'd like to get serious with her she flakes. I'm starting to wonder how in the hell people ever get a girlfriend. Especially how do AFC's get girlfriends...

I see guys that aren't even that good looking and act all AFC with girls that are hotter than any girl I've ever dated and it blows my frickin mind! I'm not even going after supermodels either, far from it. I would be perfectly happy with an HB 7 or 8...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Industry said:
All you've been telling us about is what your do, what you've done and what you have. Frankly, there's probably at least 10 other guys within a mile of where you live who each can do at least one of those things. What is it about you that would make a woman want to be interested in you and not just what you've done or what you've got. There are tons of guys out there that have done more and have more so hopefully that's not all that you've got.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me as if you are too average which is boring.

yama600rr

Don Juan
Reaction score
like you said, you have no problem getting dates and sleeping with them, its obvious that you're looking in the wrong places. It's not easy to find someone that you can connect with beyond the physical. I think the problem is that you want a girlfriend so bad that you may come off a little too strong and desperate for a girlfriend. when you meet a girl that interest, take it slow and relax, don't rush into sleeping with her, if she likes you, then that will happen soon enough

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, good to see ya around.

Are you one of those dudes who's afraid of commitment and intimate relationships?

It's really hard to give you decent, experienced advice with the info you gave. Give me a play by play of how your last couple attempts went.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're looking in the wrong places.

Try going to some different social gathering places. I doubt girls in a club will want to settle down and get married.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Industry, good for you for being able to get dates and get laid. That's what most guys here are trying to accomplish.

Do you want a gf or a wife? If you want a wife, I agree with fuzzx, that foreign brides are an attractive option.

It is probably all in your selection. Some girls just don't want a LTR, and some only want that. As I have gotten older, I've realized that all the times I've been "in love," it proved nothing special about me. If I had not been there, whatever gf I had would have been falling 'in love' with some other guy. All you have to do is find a girl who wants the same thing as you.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do realize foreign brides is one of the easiest ways of telling a loser right?

Ever wonder why the guys with foreign brides always seem to be with the less than a man type, awkward, and socially inept?

To the original poster, your getting laid, that's all you should expect at this age.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty scared of committment.

I self-sabotage myself once the girl starts showing too much interest. This girl in school asked me to study. No problem. Asked me to get lunch. No problem. Get dinner. No problem. More studying lol. No Problem. Then studying in her room lol...ok, still not a big deal. Start changing in front of me..... well in this case I didn't self-sabotage fast enough haha, but I was being a huge d1ck to her whenever we spoke and ate, but it lasted only a while. Still, I try to sabotage myself. do not do this...

This girl has a boyfriend btw. :eek:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
You do realize foreign brides is one of the easiest ways of telling a loser right?
As is worrying about what other people think. And not everyone's foreign bride comes from mail order. I met mine at college:D

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:

Ever wonder why the guys with foreign brides always seem to be with the less than a man type, awkward, and socially inept?

To the original poster, your getting laid, that's all you should expect at this age.
That's often what I see, too. Or even if the foreign bride is educated she's usually looking for status (some would say that's true of women in general but that would be incorrect), and validation. They think guys from their own ethnicity/country are losers much of the time. Or they might not be confident in the language and be more likely to agree with what they're told. And that holds for educated foreign brides, too, not just the mail order ones.

I can usually tell when the guy is really insecure because of how he treats the woman or she behaves around him. Two separate examples.

Example # 1. Months ago at the gym there was some woman working out on the treadmill, she was slightly below average in looks and body. Anyway, up comes this guy who was using the free weights. Interesting things about him he hovered around her. Every few minutes he'd come back over to where she was at. He make exaggerated motions with his hands while she smiled and nodded her head. He'd walk back to the free weights side of the gym and do a few more then go back. He couldn't let her do her own thing. And he would shake or scratch his head a lot and making awkward gestures when he'd either approach the woman or when going back to the weights. He'd also mumble to himself at the weight rack. When he'd come over to where the woman was, she'd always grin ear to ear and be agreeable. It was obvious the guy was insecure about himself and her. It wasn't a pickup because they'd come in and leave together. I guess she was getting free membership out of the deal, maybe money and a place to stay (if they're living together) so she'll put up with it.

Example #2. Last Christmas season a guy was walking through the department store, following ten feet behind him was a woman who looked to be about 65-70 years old. The guy was tall, lanky dressed in a Sunday suit, since it was a Sunday afternoon I assume he must have come from church. He made his way through the electronics dept, photo shop, etc. with this old woman trailing him at the 10 feet distance. A bit later I noticed a younger woman following slightly behind him, and the older woman was still there at that 10 foot distance. It was obvious what was going on there, and what he wanted was validation and superiority whereas the younger woman would give those to him in exchange for status and permanent residency or citizenship.

I've also noticed that these guys are usually quite insecure around other men especially those who are in better physical shape, more intelligent, outgoing, and ambitious than they are.

I'm not dissing foreign relationships but a lot of guys look to foreign women because they don't want stability in a relationship. Men and women have roles to be sure but when guys are only looking for women who won't talk back, and will agree with everything that they're told, that's not a relationship that's a prison. I'd be bored if people agreed with me all the time and didn't have a life of their own.