Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I just do not get the obsession with social media

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know I am one of the onyl ones... hell I just found out my mom has a facebook page lol.. but i just don't get it. This is coming from someone who not only founded a web development company but who has built more than one social media network. I hate them. I hate social media.

I even tried to use twitter.. I just can't do it. I don't want to know what everyone is doing at every moment. There is something to be said for being somewhat mysterious. I don't want everyone o know what I'm doing at every moment of my life.

Funny story.. there is a jockey who is pretty attractive, that I follow on twitter. I'm not saying I wanted to get with her or antyhingt but, you know, you form impressions about people. Well that impression lasted all of about 5 days once I started following her on twitter. The last straw was her taking a picture of her jacked up ass feet and posted them in a tweet pic. Hell I thought she would have cute feet, now ****, you ruined that **** with your over tweeting.

It's odd because I still build my own computers, i am a tech at heart, love video games, can program in php or asp, and I HATE social media with a passion. I hate it i hate it i hate it. I couldn't even imagine following my GF/ a girl I liked/my wife on twitter or facebook. 'd be ready to kill someone.

DarkShade

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've also quit social media as I've also found it not to my liking, and I'm a Linux administrator and Cisco certified, all I do is computer work and networking, and I'd rather wipe my ass on Facebook brand toilet paper than use their social media product. It's a tool for the mindless to waste time better spent, just like mass media television reality shows.

Being free of social media is liberating, as any bonus you may gain from being a part of the 'social network' is instantly flattened into paste with the utter garbage that it consists of due to the people (I use that term loosely in this circumstance) that use it. As George Carlin said, "garbage in, garbage out".

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I liked facebook better before everyone had a smart phone. Having to go sit down at a pc made people put more thought and effort into posting.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a method for people to nationalistically display the best possible side of themselves, making them appear cooler and more exciting than they really are.

It's also a tool for keeping in touch with distant friends, but I personally give people phone calls to catch up with them, along with emails. It's more personal and shows more integrity/investment in the relationship than the typical Facebook exchange.

However, I've been thinking of getting one because it gives women who are interested in me an opportunity to get a hold of me, but then I realized that that's MY responsibility to get their info, and if they REALLY want to get a hold of me, they would get my number through other means (like asking friends/people we were with). It also makes them invest more time in chasing me, which is always good.

Mileage may vary.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's more personal and effective ways to get in touch with people than Facebook. **** it.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe Social Media is for antention *****s. Male or Female... if you are craving some attention go make you one.

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter. I don't do social media. If a girl wants to talk to me she hits me up on my phone. I also don't need people stalking me and having me caught up on the internet. Even though I don't use social media I almost got caught up because of it (Crazy Stuff.... had to check those females who took a pic with me and one of my jumpoffs).

The time that I can use of Facebook and Twitter I can use on Careerbuilder or reading a book. Also I believe it makes your game better. Instead of thinking I'm going to chat her on the net I say I need to get her number because I don't know when the next time I will see her.

Words of Wisdom from A.J.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Instead of thinking I'm going to chat her on the net I say I need to get her number because I don't know when the next time I will see her.
This is a great attitude to have. Forcing yourself to man up.

Burn your ships; the only way is forward.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Oh I like this. :)
i suggest you read dthe laws of success by napolean hill. he dedicates an entire chapter to pretty much that one sentance.

that is the staple of pretty much any self help person. it's not possible to move forward, unless you inhalaite any way of turning backwards.

it's the same principle behind no contact, nexting. it's why you see so many stories about millionaires who were struggling so bad before they hit it rich.. it wasn't because they couldn't get a job doing something else part time, but that person knows, that type of mindset, "i will do this utnil this "takes off" then i will quit" is not a viable option, because it wil never take off, and you will always run to the security of what you know/the tangible.

successful people, constantly put themselves in situations that they have to get out of. they burn bridges. successful DJ's know that having 300 twitter friends is not a substitute for having a phone number full of date opportunities.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a facebook page, but I'm there only to have a presence. I only log in maybe once a week. I have a bare bones profile with 3-4 pictures. I never send status updates and I have messaging on my wall blocked out. If someone wants to message me I only accept email messages through the site. I also, never send friend requests to women I'm dating or interested in.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I think of it, I did get that concept from The 48 Laws of Power. My copy is all highlighted and bookmarked. The stories of war in it are as informative as they are entertaining.

Another read through will be coming up after I finish "Retire Young Retire Rich".

And maybe I'll watch Troy again. The lesson in Troy is be glorious, f*ck sh*t up, kill other dudes and take their wives (...through the medium of being sexy short term mating material) and plunder their wealth (by providing something of value that they need).

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any desire to join Facebook or Twitter.

I'm sure if I was in highschool I'd be all over it but it seems like such a teenagers thing to me.

Whenever I hear of a mature adult who is obsessed with facebook and twitter I can't help but think of the person as pitiful.

I simply don't care about this kind of stuff and can't understand why other people do.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
successful people, constantly put themselves in situations that they have to get out of. they burn bridges. successful DJ's know that having 300 twitter friends is not a substitute for having a phone number full of date opportunities.
The only reason I'm any kind of sociable and I'm able to make friends is because I burn bridges when I don't see a purpose for them. I don't understand how to apply this more often though.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really get it either. Good in moderation. Who wants to know that i am going to the toilet. :wave:

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
omkara said:
Today I got up, and I had a piece of toast
Wiping my ass now while typing this.