Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have cancer

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah guys, 3 months left of chemo and maybe some radio, not my life!!! lol.

They can't even find any cancer left in my lung. They were going to put me on 8 months of the stuff until me and the chemo obliterated the sh!t. I could actually be cancer free ATM but they can't tell with a blood test with my type of cancer. I just have to go through another 3 months for safety.

I stay sane by planning my new life after chemo and lots of fishing. I'm going to travel the world after treatment and just have as much fun as possible. Because know one ever knows how long you have left.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
but what's important is that you've caught it early and it's being treated.. in a year's time you'll be back to your best and you'll just look at this as a minor pothole. :)
Actually these are the potholes that can swallow your car if you're not careful :D

wolf116 said:
I wish I knew why this sh!t would happen to a fitness fanatic.
You're looking at it backwards dude. The life you chose to live and the path you took--in regards to your health--gave you an excellent chance to beat cancer.

And look at the perspective/psychological strength it's given you... Those things are hard to come by in a monotonous and mediocre life. It's still to early to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if in 10-15 years you'll look back and think that this was the best thing to ever happen to you(in a backhanded way, of course).

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything I read on health and fitness is saying sh!t like, eating broccoli gives you a 30% reduced risk of cancer, berries every day 20% less likely, yellow veggies 10% less, omega 3's and fresh fish 20%, WPC 20%, eggs, green tea, not drinking or smoking, fresh fruit, turmeric etc. Exercise every day reduces cancer risk, growing up in the country reduces cancer risk, cooking in cast iron reduces cancer risk, having sex reduces risk, having no cancers in your family tree reduces risk.
I should have a -500% chance of getting cancer.

You can't help but wonder if eating too much healthy food and exercising too much can give you cancer as well. lol. I know it's my cr@ppy genetics that caused this, but who knows if it could have been prevented if I just took it easy on my weakling genetics.

Lots of people who get cured from cancer can be some of the fattest, laziest, and most negative people in the world. Cancer doesn't give a cr@p. Science, medicine and doctors cure cancer not food. I've just been reading that too much vitamin C and antioxidants can reduce the effectiveness of chemo after I'm been hammering them down this whole time.

I'm confident of a total cure because my odds are as good as cancer odds get.

Cancer may just be one of the best things that happen to me tho, you could be right. When I'm cured I'll be living a totally different life then before. I'm fixing up an old van and I'm going to become nomadic. Screw uni and desk jobs, it's a waste of life. Hopefully I'll be training in a different gym every month.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Wolf,

Glad to hear that the treatment is doing well.

I wouldnt give much time thinking about the genentics thing..

It's like poker, you cannot change the hand that was dealt. But you can play the game and win. And I think you have already overcome that.

Be ALIVE (as opposed to just living)

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I went a bit stupid with the poor me cr@p in the previous post.
I'll be creating a training journal soon enough.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
think of it this way: you did everything right from a nutritional sense, if you hadn't, maybe you wouldn't have been able to get through this as well as you have done.

how many people with cancer can say they got over it in in less than 4 months and were back weightlifting soon after it? (especially if their genetics were prone to it)

david99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf, you are an inspiration.

Keep up the good work! :up:

All the best.

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to be positive and stay focussed. God bless you wolf, your life is only truly beginning now.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutrition can help alot, but some factors are just out of your control. In Montreal there is an area where women get a really high incidence of breast cancer. No one knows why, it may be the pollution or something else. In silicon valley, it has some of the most toxic water from all the silicon manufacturing. It passes the EPA, but it is more toxic than most of the other areas in America. You can control everything you do but you can't control all the factors around you, esp. the ones you don't know about.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good to see you're checking up on me spes. Thanks.

eatgel

Don Juan
Reaction score
ye merry christmas wolf hang in there you can do it! make you sure you smoke that weed good " puff" " puff" goodluck buddy!

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, All the cancer is gone and I'll reach a full remission for sure.

But... they added an extra 2 months to the chemo because I was so advanced. I've got about 4 months left. yay

Big thanks to EFFORT and Rounder for getting me into and helping me out with online poker. I would have lost my mind otherwise.

coolf1r3

Don Juan
Reaction score
YEAH MAN!!! A FULL REMISSION?!?! CONGRATS!!

If I'm ever in your area, we are getting a celebratory drink.:cool:

lol @ me being 17 and talking about drinking with Mr. Ironman

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man i'm really glad to hear this! Sorry i haven't sweat you in awhile i've been on sort of a bad run, but things are getting better. I'll sweat you again soon.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Thanks guys, All the cancer is gone and I'll reach a full remission for sure.

But... they added an extra 2 months to the chemo because I was so advanced. I've got about 4 months left. yay

Big thanks to EFFORT and Rounder for getting me into and helping me out with online poker. I would have lost my mind otherwise.
Glad to hear wolf. Lots to look forward to after this.

Impact

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, I don't know if you heard of it, but in the movie THE SECRET a woman tells how she was diagnosed with cancer and after 2 months or so of watching funny movies, programs that made her laugh and feel good, she got rid of cancer. Another example given by Tony Robbins in one of his programs (I don't remember which one it was, maybe living health) where he says how a woman got rid of the toxins in her body, which eliminated the cancer cells.

Check it out, I'm sure that you will find a way to beat it, the world is full of examples where people won against deseases that were believed to be uncurable.

good luck