Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have cancer

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
we're behind ya Wolfy. you'll be back under the bar in no time. :)
Thanks, I did a nice squat session today actually. I decided not to stop squatting even if I have to go as low as bodyweight squats. It took me almost a year to get the flexibility and I don't want to start over.

I was powercleaning 60kgs up to front squats for reps of 7 for a nice stretch. I'm also now personally training a close friend in my garage so I will still be around the iron :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Thanks, I did a nice squat session today actually. I decided not to stop squatting even if I have to go as low as bodyweight squats. It took me almost a year to get the flexibility and I don't want to start over.

I was powercleaning 60kgs up to front squats for reps of 7 for a nice stretch. I'm also now personally training a close friend in my garage so I will still be around the iron :)
Great to hear man! Can't keep a good man down. :D

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm responding extremely well to treatment and the cancer on my neck has noticeably shrunk in just two weeks! I'm also experiencing less side effects then expected and I'm actually feeling great right now. My chemo is in two week intervals so I have time to recover from the side effects and they say I've already been through the worst of it. They predict that I will finish treatment in January.

I'm pretty excited right now knowing that I responded better then expected.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds great Wolf..and really inspiring to hear your progress against this terrible disease. It will be nice to put on your CV that you beat Cancer :D

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
I'm responding extremely well to treatment and the cancer on my neck has noticeably shrunk in just two weeks! I'm also experiencing less side effects then expected and I'm actually feeling great right now. My chemo is in two week intervals so I have time to recover from the side effects and they say I've already been through the worst of it. They predict that I will finish treatment in January.

I'm pretty excited right now knowing that I responded better then expected.
Of course, you're at the top of the population in terms of fitness and nutrition.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey wolf, how is your health lately?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing OK guys.
With chemo, as time goes on, the worse I feel and the weaker I get, but the cancer is getting smaller all the time.
I'm just over the predicted halfway mark. So I have 3 months left.

I wish I knew why this sh!t would happen to a fitness fanatic.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
it has nothing to do with your fitness or dietary regime mate.. not your fault. for it to happen to someone so young it's more genetics than anything else. it hasn't come as a result of you abusing your body for years and years.

but what's important is that you've caught it early and it's being treated.. in a year's time you'll be back to your best and you'll just look at this as a minor pothole. :)

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
I'm doing OK guys.
With chemo, as time goes on, the worse I feel and the weaker I get, but the cancer is getting smaller all the time.
I'm just over the predicted halfway mark. So I have 3 months left.

You have 3 months left to what? Until you complete the chemo treatment?

And hey dude, I feel for you about getting cancer at this young age to a healthy guy. Not saying that I've been in your shoes, but I've had other chronic disease when I was much, much younger. I felt like it completely ruined my childhood because I couldn't do lot of things that normal children could do.

Anyway, it's perfectly understandable to feel like you were cheated and given a bad hand to play with when you have been doing everything else perfect and played all of the hands perfectly (i.e. fitness fanaticism). The only thing I'll tell you is that the sooner and more readily you accept the fact that sometimes problems/causes are out of your control, the more peaceful your state of mind will become.

Like Alex said, it has a lot to do with your genetics than anything else...that I'm sure you already know by now though. And I believe you are making the best of this situation. So keep it up. :up:

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fuzzx: fortunately, Wolf is on the road to recovery :) he'll be back throwing about the iron like a good 'un before you know it.