Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have at least a couple drinks almost every day.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whether its beer, wine or liquor. Mostly wine. I eat well and am not fat.

Then I'll say, you know what I'm not going to drink for a few days
just because. But by the next day I'm off buying a bottle of wine.

Anybody else in this camp?

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit drinking altogether. There is no excuse for drunkenness, nor for the self-pity which so often accompanies it.

If you want to become a gentleman of distinction, I suggest you do the same. Drinking is a false paradise, it only makes the problems we try to run away from worse.

I know it isn't easy to face this world head-on, without a crutch, but only by doing so will you build the strength of character you ultimately desire. The price of self-discipline and self-control is high, but more than worth the cost.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your life sucks and thats the only pleasure you can get for sure don't kill yourself for that.
Try to see why you drink instead and act accordingly.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the individual.

I drink almost every day, to some degree. Rarely get "drunk" but do get a good buzz on pretty often. It's in the culture around these parts. I can go days without it but I work in an industry surrounded by partying, so I just make sure I own up to any "excessive" drinking and keep tab on it.

Be weary of an increase in your habits. If it's a couple drinks daily, now, then in a few months it's 4-5 drinks... You're headed for trouble. Boredom is my killer. When I'm busy, I tend to drink less. When I go through periods of stagnation I tend to tip a few more bottles than usual.

If you can't stop, or you "need it" then there's trouble ahead

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two weeks ago we had an event at my Shrine club. Yes, the Shriners do very good work with our children's hospitals, and I am glad to be a Shriner, but there is often excessive drinking associated with our gatherings.

I was drinking Sam Adams and Canadian Club all night long, and the next morning was the most rotten I have ever felt in my life, I thought I had died and gone to hell. It was cold sweats, pounding headache, non-stop puking at 10 in the morning, and I said to myself, "I have learned my lesson. To hell with this."

And I meant it. I'm done, there is nothing in a bottle that will help me achieve true and everlasting peace, happiness, and prosperity.

The devil waits for you in that bottle, waiting to drag you into his pit of self-pity, despair, and hopelessness. Never again.

Another reason I quit drinking is that it takes courage. It takes courage to be the one drinking bottled water or Coke at a party. But guess what? It takes courage to be a leader, and you might be surprised when your friends are inspired by your courage, and say, "You know what, I'm with you. To hell with alcohol, where it belongs."

There may be some who scorn you, who mock your decision, but they only scorn and mock their own weakness.

We are always preaching about leadership and "alphaness" on this forum. There is no more true and better way to assume leadership, than to lead by example, and to have the courage to be the first man to do the right thing.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol's just not fair to some people, .... like Julius.

Me? I can go 2-3 weeks with even hardly thinking of alcohol (or months, if need be), but then pass the wine store, pick up a bottle of red wine, and drink it in two nights, getting quite drunk (or plenty tipsy!) off of 1/2 a bottle of wine, fully enjoying the experience. I usually don't wake up with a headache, but sometimes the sleep is weird.

I'm sure my experience is just as enjoyable as anyone. But it has no grip on me whatsoever, and never could. I laugh at alcohol and don't understand how it addicts others. It must be a genetic thing.

So Julius, that's great advice.... for an alcoholic.

Romeo1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree!

Julius_Seizeher said:
Two weeks ago we had an event at my Shrine club. Yes, the Shriners do very good work with our children's hospitals, and I am glad to be a Shriner, but there is often excessive drinking associated with our gatherings.

I was drinking Sam Adams and Canadian Club all night long, and the next morning was the most rotten I have ever felt in my life, I thought I had died and gone to hell. It was cold sweats, pounding headache, non-stop puking at 10 in the morning, and I said to myself, "I have learned my lesson. To hell with this."

And I meant it. I'm done, there is nothing in a bottle that will help me achieve true and everlasting peace, happiness, and prosperity.

The devil waits for you in that bottle, waiting to drag you into his pit of self-pity, despair, and hopelessness. Never again.

I Agree with Julius,so true alcohol leads to other things (negative).

Very encouraging post julius thanks!:)

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
Wow! Is it really that dark? You don't mention ever being an alcoholic or anything so I'm just wondering if you feel the same way about having a casual drink?

I stopped drinking too recently. For no other reason than to see how I would feel if I stopped.

It is a little strange being the only one not drinking but other than that it feels pretty good.

A lot of people ask me why I stopped and I don't really have a good reason for them. I enjoyed drinking but didn't do it habitually. Although I did drink regularly 2-3 times a week.

I'm going to keep going (not drinking) as long as I can, just for the heck of it. I like the challenge and maybe I'll learn something about myself.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
Screw drinking, it's terrible. I drink too much and I quit recently also. I just did it for stress relief but I would like to not die from liver failure.

Weed needs to be legalized. It's stress relief and doesn't destroy your body.

**** the government for making weed illegal. I am going to grow it in my basement.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As some know I'm a recovered/recovering addict. with that said, never had a problem with drinking. But with that said, i don't drink much (which is why i know it's not a problem) But when I was in AA.. and it's look like I am finding myself back into AA, i stop drinking, obviously that's one of the requirements of being in AA/NA.

I'm usually a beer or two guy at a game, glass of wine at a restaurant type drinker. I have a nice collection of drinks, but that's for company we have. I haven't had a drink since new year's.. actually I take that back the 4th I had a few at the sugar bowl lol. My fiancee, drinks alot more than I do.. she usually has a Bacardi or something to kill the night while we are watching TV, and I have no qualms about looking at her and drinking my smoothie or whatever it is I'm drinking. I never drink m ore than once a week tops, but if you told me to stop drinking i have no problem doing so. I don't even think she drinks alot.. alcohol is just not all that enticing to me. I mean it has it's place, but it's place is not every place at every time at every event.

But i can have just as much fun not drinking. IF you have to drink to have fun something is wrong.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? If you drink, you drink. Dont lie to yourself about it!....Oh, and dont drive either.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
I'm the type who if I have 1 drink, it turns into 10.

I wish weed was legal, I love to smoke it and it relaxes me but I can't risk it.

So I have quit drinking, just like the others.

I found a girl who doesn't drink either, so that helps.

But let me reiterate this, f=ck the government for banning a substance 10 times less damaging than alcohol.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I was past my hard core drinking days, but I started dating a party girl and I'm drinking every night... It's killing me. If I could just get her to slow down I could too. I'm not the type to not drink when at parties and bars.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
I thought I was past my hard core drinking days, but I started dating a party girl and I'm drinking every night... It's killing me. If I could just get her to slow down I could too. I'm not the type to not drink when at parties and bars.

I had a girl like that a few months ago. Get rid of her is my suggestion. I thought I liked her because she was fun, partied, and suc ked **** like a pro. But where do you think she learned that from?

I got rid of her, she was pregnant 2 months later and married to some chump.

Thank god she is gone. She would have killed me literally. This one will kill you too.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
I thought I was past my hard core drinking days, but I started dating a party girl and I'm drinking every night... It's killing me. If I could just get her to slow down I could too.
That's pretty sad.

U

user43770

I don't have a problem with people that choose not to drink. That's cool, whatever makes you happy. I do, however, have a problem with people who develop a holier-than-thou attitude because of it. I don't want to hear about how weak-minded you think I am. Keep it to yourself. It's your problem that you can't handle your booze.

U

user43770

To the OP, it isn't a problem unless it starts to interfere with your business or personal life. I have a hard time trusting a man who refuses to let loose every once in a while (excluding alcoholics, of course). It's almost like they're scared their true personality might slip out if they have one too many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I drink beer and cognac. I used to buy cheap cognac, which is basically "cognac spirit" + water + sweetener + caramel. That stuff is bad for you. Now I only buy real cognac. I wouldn't say I drink every day, but I should. You gave me a good idea, thanks man.

I used to smoke weed daily, actually several times a day. I'd wake up, light a joint, then another one in the afternoon, and several more in the evening. I'd buy and oz of weed and my friends wouldn't see me for a month. Now though, weed is expensive at my new place, so I rarely do it.

I guess moral of the story is if you have money and if you like it, go for it.

allbeef

Banned
Reaction score
I drink hard liquor, smoke, eat at strip clubs, and deflower nerdy college students. Hell, it is all legal but definitely worthy of a one way ticket to see Satin when I die. I admit that if I had the money I would do one thing different. I would start an expensive Coke habit and sleep on heated bathroom floors of $1,000 a night hotel rooms with two Asian hookers flapping their breasts over me all night long. No touching. Just flapping so that every time I woke up I would see Mamasan's best girls standing over me with their breasts flapping away. We all have our fantasies. Right?

I will let all of you great moralists marry and live sober miserable lives with rotten children that you pretend to care about. Ten years of marriage will make you wish that you needed a liver transplant. Me? My liver and lungs are about five years from imploding. In that time I will deflower a dozen more 18 and 19 year old virgins with those Lisa Loeb glasses and continue to drink myself to sleep at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka9mCmx9Jhs
Go to a nearby college campus. Find the freshman with those nerdy glasses. Mine. All mine.