Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have a thin Frame but a belly

theapprentice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ic....

Hmmm..Do I have to have my colon cleaned or have my intestines flushed?

My stomach is just jiggly and jello, but could that mean that I still have mucus or what not?

Why eat 6 meals a day?

I cant eat fast food anymore, anyway it tastes nasty.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, a simple way to tell:

Sit on a chair.
Lean forward.
Try to grab your belly.
Now tell us if it's fat or it feels like something's "inside".

I bet 99% likely it's just fat. You don't need a colon cleanse.

Next time you go to the swimming pool, you will see that "skinny fat" guys who are almost bony but with a gut are NOT that uncommon.

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is getting off base, now.

The colon cleansing guy is saying when he got his cleaned he lost 5 inches and 10 lbs. He doesn't say whether those inches were on the crust of his belly (skin-deep) or in its core (gut & intestines). I think we can assume he's talking about your core.

And when you watch those plastic surgeon shows they scrape yellow gunk (clusters of fatcells I would assume) off the abdominal skin wall, not poopy-looking stuff.

Yet, if this is so great and relatively inexpensive (75$ for a month) then why doesn't everybody do it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking, I can only guess because it sounds so gross the word doesn't travel fast?

I've seen guys with six-pack abs /w a pooch or "potbelly". I always thought it was a combination of bad posture, genetics, alcoholism, etc.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
youknowtherest said:
This is gonna sound nuts, Apprentice, but you might want to try a colon cleanse. Google "psyllium husks cleanse" . I lost eleven pounds in 3 weeks a couple of years ago doing this, and my gut went away. I mean AWAY. I lost five inches from my waist. And I crapped out some of the weirdest, nastiest stuff -- it looked like my guts had come out, big, squiggly things -- but it was just hardened crap that had formed to my intestines. I started putting on muscle and food stopped going right to my potbelly. My back fat went away, too. Costs about $75 for a one-month cleanse.
This is what I was aluding to. So much of the processed food today just sits in your intestines and putrifies. :nervous: It makes you look fat, feel bloated and makes your body toxic.

youknowtherest

Don Juan
Reaction score
grr said:
Yet, if this is so great and relatively inexpensive (75$ for a month) then why doesn't everybody do it? I don't know, that's why I'm asking, I can only guess because it sounds so gross the word doesn't travel fast?
Because this is America, and everyone's embarrassed about their @ss. No one talks about this stuff -- it's one of the last taboos.

I'm not saying that this is THE way to go, or that everyone should do this. I'm starting to sound like a health freak, and I'm not. I just had what, from the original poster's description, sounded like a similar condition, and this solved it. The price is right and it's harmless, and it might help. I'm done, here.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Le Parisien said:
Ok, a simple way to tell:

Sit on a chair.
Lean forward.
Try to grab your belly.
Now tell us if it's fat or it feels like something's "inside".

I bet 99% likely it's just fat. You don't need a colon cleanse.

Next time you go to the swimming pool, you will see that "skinny fat" guys who are almost bony but with a gut are NOT that uncommon.
Sorry, but if my doctor told me to do a self diagnosis like that I'd kick him in the nads. :kick:

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Sorry, but if my doctor told me to do a self diagnosis like that I'd kick him in the nads. :kick:
Lol:D

Come on, you know for this precise case what I mean.

Just tense the abdomen muscles, anything flabby that you can feel above the muscles is 100% fat. The guts, intestins, colons are all beneath the muscles.

The "leaning forward while seated" is just to squeeze all the fat together so it's much easier to assess.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Le Parisien said:
Lol:D

Come on, you know for this precise case what I mean.

Just tense the abdomen muscles, anything flabby that you can feel above the muscles is 100% fat. The guts, intestins, colons are all beneath the muscles.

The "leaning forward while seated" is just to squeeze all the fat together so it's much easier to assess.
I'm going to the bathroom to contemplate that for a while... :moon:

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, I went for a bottle of these "cleansing" pills a few years ago, and it didn't do 5hit for me except give me the 5hits. Worst $45 I ever spent.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All I do is have a piece of fiber rich fruit like an apple or preferably a pear and drink at least a couple of liters of water each day. Oh yeah, I dramatically cut back on processed foods, things which are difficult to digest (gummy candies, tortilla chips, things with any type of hydrogenated oils). Doing so I go to the crapper several times a day but I don't have that bloated feeling and my stomach is very flat.

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While sorting through some papers last month I saw some pamplet about colon health and colon cleansing and it sounded interesting. But I'm not the type of person to be sold on marketing hype, so I did some online research.

I found this site and thought it was pretty interesting:

http://www.the-natural-path.com/index.html

It has all kinds of body cleansing programs. I went ahead and bought the recommended body cleansing system (colon and parasite cleansing) and I'm going to try it out soon. It was $72 but I figure I'll try anything at least once just to see what happens. I used to eat like crap so I wouldn't be surprised if my body was full of toxins and who knows what else.

Though the information on the RawVeg.info site was interesting. So I won't be surprised if weird stuff comes out of me...it may just be the psyllium gel. But my main concern will be how I feel and also if I too can get rid of the remaining fat in my mid-section.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ordered some 7-day colon cleanse thing for $20 from ZAND. Seems to contain the same ingredients as the other, more expensive packs, and you don't have to fast. I'll see how it goes.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have lifted for the last 11 years or so and get big arms and a nice chest, but my gut and overall thin frame is still there.

I do cardio and everything.

I need to get rid of heartburn and also lose the gut. I'm up for trying anything.

I totally need to clean up my diet. What's frustrating is this summer I've been working out harder than ever, doing both cardio and lifting, but I'm guessing the lack of sleep is counteracting it all.

baltyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as stomach goes, genetics plays a large part. For some people, no matter what they do, they will not have a six pack. I am one of those people that eats very nutritously and works out, overall in great shape, but I have a bit of a gut. The number of fat cells in your stomach is fixed, you can only shrink them or make them expand. If having a 6 pack is a requirement, some of you may have to get liposuction, depending on your genetics.

Something else which wasn't mentioned, is get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, that will make a big difference for you guys sleeping only 5 or 6 and doing everything else right (nutrition, training,...). And limit your alcohol. And as others have mentioned completely eliminate refined carbs and trans-fat. But make sure you get a decent amount of fat in your diet, mostly mono and poly-unsaturated fat.

TheLazy

Don Juan
Reaction score
baltyre said:
As far as stomach goes, genetics plays a large part. For some people, no matter what they do, they will not have a six pack. I am one of those people that eats very nutritously and works out, overall in great shape, but I have a bit of a gut. The number of fat cells in your stomach is fixed, you can only shrink them or make them expand. If having a 6 pack is a requirement, some of you may have to get liposuction, depending on your genetics.

Something else which wasn't mentioned, is get at least 7 hours of sleep a night, that will make a big difference for you guys sleeping only 5 or 6 and doing everything else right (nutrition, training,...). And limit your alcohol. And as others have mentioned completely eliminate refined carbs and trans-fat. But make sure you get a decent amount of fat in your diet, mostly mono and poly-unsaturated fat.
i bet you do not have 7-8% body fat.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey said:
It's not protection; more like a disorder. Most American's don't eat enough fiber. In countries with high fiber diets, colon cancer is virtually non-existant.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-12/14/content_3918315.htm

Fiber still hasn't been proved to reduce risk of colon cancer. Risk factor and cause blah blah blah.

However, you don't absorb nutrients through the colon/large intestine - it's used to absorb water. Protein is absorbed in the stomach, and fat and carbs are absorbed in the small intestine.
Protein is absorbed in the small intestine just like fats and carbs. Only pepsin, (an endopeptidase) acts on protein in the stomach, breaking it up into smaller peptide chains.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, fiber reduces the risk for colon cancer. One study published in some obscure website does not disprove anything.

A small amount of protein is absorbed in the small intestine, but the vast majority is in the stomach. If you want to get techincal, 5% of all nutrients are also absorbed in the mouth. How is this relevent?