I have a couple of questions for the experts out there...

RobertDowneyJr

Reaction score
Quick Info

I play football, I am 6'4 and a half (My head and neck are long. My body is too, but mainly my neck). I weigh around 218 pounds. Now, I feel like I look a lot better looking whenever Im leaner. Not a stick shape, but just cut, with a small waist and not all bulky and jacked. More long and flat stomach (non-bloated) with a six pack that is there without flexing.

So..

I don't have the option to just let off a bunch of weight, I want that model type body, but as a defensive end who is looked at by many D1 schools (Im 17), I can't sacrifice the total weight loss. I can deal with fat loss, I just want to know the best way to achieve this body while maintaining weight. This post is more about dieting than anything.

Question A.

Have any of you played around with ketogenic diets? Right now, I am going totally no carb mode. Apparently, for the first part you are always hungry until your body adjusts. Then once you brain switches to fat storages for energy, you won't be as hungry anymore. I usually do this diet before summer because it makes me cut up fast. What are your suggestions/concerns on it?

Question B.

How can I get a more cut face?

Question C.

Will doing heavy lifts on my legs (I have huge legs, can squat around 470) make me lose the whole model v shape body I'd like to achieve?

Thanks guys, I felt like someone out there could help me.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RobertDowneyJr said:
Quick Info

I play football, I am 6'4 and a half (My head and neck are long. My body is too, but mainly my neck). I weigh around 218 pounds. Now, I feel like I look a lot better looking whenever Im leaner. Not a stick shape, but just cut, with a small waist and not all bulky and jacked. More long and flat stomach (non-bloated) with a six pack that is there without flexing.

So..

I don't have the option to just let off a bunch of weight, I want that model type body, but as a defensive end who is looked at by many D1 schools (Im 17), I can't sacrifice the total weight loss. I can deal with fat loss, I just want to know the best way to achieve this body while maintaining weight. This post is more about dieting than anything.

What are you? Ectomorph, endomorph or mesomorph? Depending on how much fat you have, you will have to drop some weight. Weight comes off including fat and some muscle. (Depending) Fat % is everything.

Question A.

Have any of you played around with ketogenic diets? Right now, I am going totally no carb mode. Apparently, for the first part you are always hungry until your body adjusts. Then once you brain switches to fat storages for energy, you won't be as hungry anymore. I usually do this diet before summer because it makes me cut up fast. What are your suggestions/concerns on it?

Don't bother with those types of diets. You need carbs. It's all in the moderation to achieve your goal.

Question B.

How can I get a more cut face?

Lose body fat. Low body fat percentage = more cut everything

Question C.

Will doing heavy lifts on my legs (I have huge legs, can squat around 470) make me lose the whole model v shape body I'd like to achieve?

No, it won't. Different things.

Thanks guys, I felt like someone out there could help me.
To get a better opinion, you should post a picture of yourself. (Cover your face if you want) It is easier to see what you are working with rather than having us imagine what you want into what you have already. You can't change genetics. Some people don't have marked abs, while others have abs without working on them.

RobertDowneyJr

Reaction score
Espi said:
At your current height and weight, it's hard for me to imagine you playing DE for a top-level school.
Okay, yes, for schools like Alabama, Clemson, and huge D1 Schools I am undersized. Take note that speed is beginning to change the game of football. More and more athletes are being recruited for their speed and not their size. Ex. Denzel Nkemdiche from Ole Miss. Tiny.

Thats what I have is speed, I run a 4.4 40 yard dash. (I am white. no racist) And Im already offered by the Ivy League Schools. Im not just trying to toot my horn, I just don't want my dreams crushed :cry: (I know you aren't trying to do that) But my dream school is Stanford and these colleges know that If I have the frame that they can put the weight on. But in all honesty. I don't want to be a fatass like most DE's. Robert Nkemdiche (Denzels bro) is 297 with a six pack.

So I hope I've helped you to imagine. I led my state in sacks last year.

Espi said:
To get a better opinion, you should post a picture of yourself. (Cover your face if you want) It is easier to see what you are working with rather than having us imagine what you want into what you have already. You can't change genetics. Some people don't have marked abs, while others have abs without working on them.
Yeah I'll do this my bad. Give me a second.