I hate thieves - Dealing with post anger

Oneday_

Don Juan
Reaction score
So my gf's car along with another one in the same parking lot were broken into a couple nights ago. They got her radio and took some ID's and gift cards from her neighbor's car.

It's gotten my blood boiling and I've been battling internal fits of rage and desire to track them down and inflict warranted pain. But I know this wouldn't happen and I'm not the violent type at all so it's been a mental fight to just let it go. It's not even about the radio it's about the mere act and my gf feeling violated and how it makes her feel.

Anyone have any tips for something like this?

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go lift weights and take up mma, martial arts or something. What you are feeling is rightful indignation and powerlessness.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had some speakers stolen out of my truck in my driveway a long time ago. I remember feeling the same way. Just assume it was some 12 y/o kids.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Had a car stolen once, then insurance company tried to rip me off by telling me all the changed out parts were that way to start with after they recovered it. Come on, a blue steering wheel in a gray interior on a two year old car? Took them to the state insurance board over that and won.
You just have to rationalize it in the best way possible and move on to the next deal life throws your way.
It will not be the only time life will test your inner frame.
Personally, I think you are over reacting as it was not even your car.

Last edited:

Oneday_

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's the not knowing who and not being able to do anything about it aspect

Once Bitten

Don Juan
Reaction score
In these instances I wish I knew how to hook up a car HOT /touch it and they get shocked. Perhaps an electric fence charger like farmers use to contain their herds. My dad knows how...

I'd love to have the results on video LOL!!
Would make a great party video...

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about the very possible fact that sooner or later they will get caught from the owner or from the police, hopefully a sociopathic man or a violent cop.

There is a good chance it will happen so its not just a desire.

Oneday_

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about the very possible fact that sooner or later they will get caught from the owner or from the police, hopefully a sociopathic man or a violent cop.

There is a good chance it will happen so its not just a desire.
One can only hope. I placed a Craigslist as saying there have been robbieries and the perps have been caught on security cameras (lied to hopefully cause fear if they happen to be trying to sell on Craigslist)

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are letting a event you can't control go over your mind, you can't do much just accept there are people who are idiot enough to do this kind of thing and move on

Oneday_

Don Juan
Reaction score
you are letting a event you can't control go over your mind, you can't do much just accept there are people who are idiot enough to do this kind of thing and move on
I know I think it's the "what if it happens again" aspect that's getting to me

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You do what you have to do to protect your stuff. Don't leave nice stuff out in the middle of the open for people to get. Beyond that, just accept that there are cowardly thieves in this world.