Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I HATE people on Black Fridays!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just gotta vent, I hate Black Fvckin Fridays!! Every year the same idiots come out. Can't these people realize that this day was made up by all the retail chains and blown up to be something super special when its really not??

I can't speak for other retail businesses...but I can speak for Electronics stores such as Best Buy and such...but im sure all the others work the same.

These customers are the worst. Best Buy advertises a $200 laptop this year...Whoopy dooo!! But since theres only 5 in every store...you gotta be one of the first ones here to stand in line at 4am just to get a ticket to get one! Some of you will even get there a few hours before that and camp out! For what??

Heres a secret though:

Did you know that youre really NOT getting such a great deal on most other sh!t that day?? So you save $5 on that DVD that you now "JUST GOTTA HAVE!!" that youre scrambling and pushing people out of the way for.

And did you know that the $20 dvd player thats for "sale" is worth just that?

But maybe some people are getting ready to do some bodily harm and trample some people for it...because hell...you already have 4 of them at home...but ya gotta have a deal!!! WHOO Fvckin HOO!! :crazy:

Big fvcking deal fvcker! Is it worth it waiting at 4am for?? So you can save a few dollars of "Fast and Furious" on Blu-Ray? Wait, you don't own a blu-ray player? They have plenty of those in stock on this special day of ultimate sales....But they cost $200....and you'll buy that anyway because you dont wanna miss out on a "deal".

Then comes the day after....you're at home...you have all this cr@p you bought...and realize you don't like half of it and that you didn't really get much of a deal and you couldn't afford to buy it anyway. But you've already opened it amidst all your excitement after bringing it home...but you think "What the hell...lets go back and return some!"

So then the day after Black Friday...you go back to the store to return that $200 blu-ray player and that $10 copy of "Fast and Furious" (they didnt look too clear on your old Sony Tube anyway), amongst other things you didnt really need, only to find a new line of people wrapping outside of the store to return sh!t they also don't need or realize that they didn't like.

All in all, If you're broke as sh!t, but you really need a laptop....i'd say go for it...(But I know from experience, its not such a great deal) but be early because there is a very limited supply. For everything else....just think before you buy something. Especially at places like clothing stores. Do you really need that ugly pinstriped sweater thats 2 sizes too big or are you just buying it because its "80% OFF!!"???

If you're excited and have been waiting around all year to shop on this 1 day, you either need to get up and do yourself a favor...make yourself some fvckin more money!, or you completely don't have a life and you want to join all this "excitement".

But do us ALL a favor first...
I know its early, and you gotta get to the stores to wait in the cold with all the other freezing idiots, but BRUSH YOUR FVCKING TEETH BEFORE YOU HEAD OUT!!!

No customer service rep wants to tell you where that special $20 dvd player is if he's going to pass out from your horrible 5am stinky digested turkey sh!t breath.

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm way past that point, ken. In my line of work, I've just accepted that there's idiots galore, and idiots galore in this country specifically. I've come to expect the morons. I can anticipate what they're gonna say when they're gonna say it, just by looking at them, on first impression. My experience has left me with this calloused outlook. As such, my blood pressure is always even, always low. I can play the moron so easily. It's like a 3 stooges episode. Their eyes and head bobbin as I dangle the magic medallion in front of their face.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seriously folks.. buy online

i remember when i was a senior.. or junior.. don't remember. in high school.. okay yes i was a senior. pS2's came out.
i worked at best buy.

i literarly, got off work at 9pm, and just got in line, which was already like 15 people deep for the next morning.

opened the doors like at 9am in the morning, and every store in the damn country was packed

fvck black friday.

you know what i like about black friday?

FOOTBALL.this is the best football weekend of the year outside bowl games.

great horse racing (cigar mile, gazelle, remsen, clark handicap), great football, rivarly weekend (iron bowl, golden boot game, fsu v. florida)

fvck shopping.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone out of town this year so I probably won't do any shopping. I tried it last year and enjoyed hitting Lowes, home depot, harbor freight etc. I got some nice gifts for myself :)

I stick to online shopping for the big stores like walmart. My parents battled walmart last year and when they got home hours later they were empty handed from things being gone or not being able to find them. Took five minutes online on the website and I got them all their deals and got their shopping lists. Now I won't lie I'll probably be up earlier online shopping, but no stores this year.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
The worse part are the big sales don't just start and end on black friday.
Both the coustomer and companies help this tradition flourish but when something goes wrong both groups start pointing their finger at the other.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to work at Best Buy...I know what things really cost, believe me...on most things you're really not getting that great of a deal.

Its best off to make friends with someone that works there so you can get an employee discount. You'd be amazed at the discount they get.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never shopped on Black Friday, like you said I don't think these "deals" are so much special enough to justify me having to wrestle people for products and wait 4am in the morning just to shop. At most I'd be interested in one thing anyways, I don't see the sense in going on a big shopping spree galore when I don't need to in the first place.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never stepped a foot into a retail store on black friday. ever.

i dont have that much extra money to spare, but i will much rather pay the full price or shop online instead of getting trampled by 300 pound housewives that are busting through the door like the fvcking kool aid pitcher...

not worth my sanity.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i will admit.. when i was what..20 years old that black friday i went out and got a satilate for my apartment and got a free gamecube and a game with it. pretty sweet deal.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh I go shopping but not for the big ticket items. Last year I stood outside Target for a Guitar Hero deal because I didn't feel like going to bed and was bored (was staying at my parents' house at the time). Two years before that I stood in line for a pretty damned good TV deal (42" 1080p LCD TV for $1000, no interest for a year, which was an amazing deal at the time - they were going for 1500-2000 then). This year I probably won't and I don't see myself doing it in the future because I have all the big stuff that I want (except a laptop, but the deals this year suck for them).

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I refuse to stand in line for anything, ever. My premise is that people are mostly idiots who get even stupider when assembled into crowds. The longer the line, the greater the mass idiocy involved.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you guys trippin' about? Seriously. If you guys are DJs you should have some nice clothes to wear, and black Friday is a great time to look for clothes and shoes. At a large outlet center near me, they'll have like 50% off clothes in every damn store. How often are you going to find new clothes for half off(stuff that's fresh on the rack and not the stuff that's been picked over after New Years)? That's when I do most my clothes shopping for the year. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Quit hating, go buy yourselves some new gear so you look fly when rolling out.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm definitely buying some more new shoes and shirts tomorrow, probably Merrils and The North Face, but it all depends on what I find that fits and looks good. Some Batcha chick stole my marmot jacket back in April, so I may be buying a new $200 jacket.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
What are you guys trippin' about? Seriously. If you guys are DJs you should have some nice clothes to wear, and black Friday is a great time to look for clothes and shoes. At a large outlet center near me, they'll have like 50% off clothes in every damn store. How often are you going to find new clothes for half off(stuff that's fresh on the rack and not the stuff that's been picked over after New Years)? That's when I do most my clothes shopping for the year. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Quit hating, go buy yourselves some new gear so you look fly when rolling out.
brooksbrothers.com

20% off plus another 15% off for BB credit card members (which I am) plus free shipping.

there are some other sites, but brooksbrothers new lineup is the **** and i'm unloading.

I shop.. my wardrobe is twice as big as my fiancee's. probably 3 times as much.. I am not growing or getting smaller and my clothes I buy are classic... I don't trend shop so my wardrobe just grows, rarely do I throw anything out. But I dont' have to stand out at 2am in front of a store to find a good deal.

voot

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
brooksbrothers.com

20% off plus another 15% off for BB credit card members (which I am) plus free shipping.

there are some other sites, but brooksbrothers new lineup is the **** and i'm unloading.

I shop.. my wardrobe is twice as big as my fiancee's. probably 3 times as much.. I am not growing or getting smaller and my clothes I buy are classic... I don't trend shop so my wardrobe just grows, rarely do I throw anything out. But I dont' have to stand out at 2am in front of a store to find a good deal.

voot

I never buy clothes online. I have to try them on first. Sometimes a size 34 jeans in one brand will fit completely different with another brand even with the same size. I just don't really know until I try it on first and see how it feels on my body. I'm very particular about how my clothes fit me.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Brooksbrothers sale was great. I happened to be passing an outlet store on my way traveling back home this morning and picked up some pants. I also just went into walmart to pick up some food for the games today and noticed that the place still had all the special black friday deals going on and it looked like they hadn't had much business this morning. I asked the cashier who told me it wasn't anything like it has been in the past in sales.

I managed to snag a 320gb Passport for $50 and a $25 1080p magnavox DVD player and a couple cheap movies. I tried getting the passport online this morning, but I was too late.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
I never buy clothes online. I have to try them on first. Sometimes a size 34 jeans in one brand will fit completely different with another brand even with the same size. I just don't really know until I try it on first and see how it feels on my body. I'm very particular about how my clothes fit me.
you shop enough you know what sizes fit big and what fits small. for instance. polo runs about a size too big. i wear a small in polo, where I wear a M in brooks brothers, but the brooks brothers has to be taloyred a little.

everything ig et goes to the taylor anyway.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mpimpin said:
That Brooksbrothers sale was great. I happened to be passing an outlet store on my way traveling back home this morning and picked up some pants. I also just went into walmart to pick up some food for the games today and noticed that the place still had all the special black friday deals going on and it looked like they hadn't had much business this morning. I asked the cashier who told me it wasn't anything like it has been in the past in sales.

I managed to snag a 320gb Passport for $50 and a $25 1080p magnavox DVD player and a couple cheap movies. I tried getting the passport online this morning, but I was too late.
what is a passport?

black frday is my fav holiday of the year.

leftover dressing, egg nog, good college football, good horse racing, and it's a friday so i'm probably going to take my GF out later today. better than sex...okay better than bad sex.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
what is a passport?

Western Digital passport external Harddrive