I hate eBay

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I ordered this amplifier on the 5th. Tell me why I sent my money order the next day, along with a copy of the invoice, and I still don't have my amplifier?

The company never answers their phone, and I'm having a heart attack over here because they stopped responding to my emails. This seller has over 12,000 transactions, so why is my amp not here yet? What can I do? Can I have my bank cancel the money order? How much longer should I wait, since it takes 5-7 business days for a money order to clear? I'm thinking I'll wait till Wednesday... any ideas?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't worry about it.

Large compaines on ebay have an holier than thou attitude... they usually have piss poor customer service.

Give them a couple of days, the unit will be there. The Feedback rating doesn't lie.

However, if it isn't there or you havne't heard from them in say.. another week, file an items not received dispute.

This will get their attention and the matter will be resolved quickly

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EBay and Paypal...

they both hold contracts with providers, if they don't give you what you paid for, you don't have to pay.

I am still surprised when I see Xbox Boxes selling for $400

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by backbreaker
don't worry about it.

Large compaines on ebay have an holier than thou attitude... they usually have piss poor customer service.

Give them a couple of days, the unit will be there. The Feedback rating doesn't lie.

However, if it isn't there or you havne't heard from them in say.. another week, file an items not received dispute.

This will get their attention and the matter will be resolved quickly
How do I do that? And yea, the customer service is terrible. No tracking number or anything at all. The email I recieved had piss poor grammar too.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now they're saying they never recieved my money order payment. I sent it on the 6th. there's 4 weekend days and one holiday between then and now. I don't know how long it takes US Postal Service to ship my money order, but 5 business days should be sufficient to get it from Oakland CA to Texas?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As an eBay powerseller, let me share some tips with you that I've learned over the years. Since you're a buyer, I'll confine my response to that of a buyer's perspective.

• Whenever possible, use PayPal to send payment for an item. With PayPal, you'll have certain protections that you won't have using other forms of payment.
  • When using PayPal, do not keep a + balance in your PayPal account. Always have the funds deducted from your credit card - never your bank account. There have been some horror stories about people who have used either their + PayPal balance to pay for an item, then PayPal didn't honor their protection policy due to technical reasons. If you pay for it with your checking account, same thing - however if you pay with a credit card, you can call your CC company and file a chargeback for the transaction, even if PayPal doesn't help you.
  • If you can't/won't use PayPal, send a personal check. At least with a personal check, you can check the status of it - which will tell you if it's been cashed, etc. Also, you can stop payment on a check for a small fee from your bank.[/]
    [*]If you can't get a check, send a money order. However, if sending a money order, always (WITHOUT EXCEPTION) attach a delivery confirmation number to your letter for $0.45 more. This will tell you when and where the letter with your money order was delivered to. If a seller says "I never got it", you can say "Well, the post office says it was delivered to you!" Then their lie has become a federal crime - mail fraud.
    [*]When sending payment through USPS, allow up to 4 weeks for your item to be sent to you. There are lots of things that can happen to slow down your letter, and when you choose to send the slowest form of payment, don't expect to get your item very soon.
    [*]If you pay with PayPal, allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Regarding Shezzler's claim that eBay is automated, there are portions of the site which are, but I can unequivocally guarantee that there are living, breathing people working at and for eBay. To think otherwise is borderline retarded.

AC/DC, please check out eBay's "Help" section. In particular, here are some links to get you started.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/esppp-process.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/esppp-coverage-eligibility.html