Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I gave her just what she wanted, why's she freaking out?

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been dating my gf for about 4 months now. We’re quite intimate. I’ve met her friends, family and relatives, our sex life is great, and she can’t stop calling me.

About two weeks ago, I called her after an evening shift at work, and was surprised to have her father tell me she was out. She called me at midnight, and told me she had been out roller blading at the beach with a client from the YMCA where she worked.

I was a bit surprised and angry, but kept my head. I told her that I didn’t feel it was appropriate for her to go out alone at night to the beach with a guy that was likely interested in her if she was in a committed relationship with me. It seemed too much like a “date”, in my opinion.

“But I didn’t do anything” was her response. I told her that wasn’t the point, because she didn’t “do anything” with me, either on OUR first couple of dates. After a long discussion that took place over two separate phone conversations, and after she consulted with her friends and her mother (who all told her what she did was questionable), she grudgingly apologized and promised she wouldn’t do it again.

Fast forward to a couple of days ago, 2 weeks later. I was joking around with her about the aforementioned incident, and how silly it was, and she gets indignant all of a sudden. “It wasn’t a date, I don’t think I did anything wrong.” I was disappointed and angry, but kept my cool again. I told her that I was surprised after that long talk we had, and after what she said about being sorry, that she still felt that what she did was “OK” after all. I told her I had to go and think about things.

So, after some thought, I spoke to her last night. I told her that upon reflection, I decided that I’d been too uptight. I told her that I trust her, that I feel confident that I’m a “damn good catch” and that she’d be silly to cheat on a quality guy like myself, and that I’d resolve my silly little attack of insecurity. I don’t have the right to tell her who she can and can’t hang out with, and that I owed her for trying to limit her freedom.

“You’re right, you didn’t do anything wrong. I was wrong to give you a hard time about things. I should trust you more. I realize that now. I apologize for trying to limit you and prevent you from hanging around with other guys.”

She was surprised. Then she asked me if that meant I would hang around with girls. I said “of course”. Then she freaked out, started apologizing, and almost begged me to forgive her.

I told her that there was nothing to forgive. I told her that I was the one who was wrong, and that everything’s cool. She’s OK to do what she wants, just like it should be.

She started to cry. She told me that she promised not to hang out with any more guys ever again, if only I wouldn’t start hanging out with any of the girl friends I’d been avoiding since she and I started dating. I said “Look, if you trust me like I trust you, then there’s nothing to worry about. You do trust me, right?”.

She started crying harder.

Well, bottom line is, she didn't know what to say. She got what she wanted, and yet she seems completely devastated at the outcome.

What do you think?

snintel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You obviously own her, there is no reason for this thread... you have nothing to worry about.

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, good job man! Kudos! Seriously, you handled the situation pretty damn well. A lot of guys here could learn from this. Your didn't lose your temper, and you cultivated a mature attitude that established your place as a confident and secure man who will do as he pleases and won't allow himself to be played by any girl. Normally apologising is a bad idea in general, but you just demonstrated the right way to apologise.

The reason she was crying is because she knows that when she spent the evening rollerblading with that guy that it was not simply "nothing", and so now she thinks you will be doing the same things with other girls. This is exactly what you want, because it means she will work to try to keep you. Before you stood up for yourself and established the rules, she saw you as someone she could walk over and get away with flirting with other guys with, while keeping you as a loyal lapdog who will never stray. Now she sees you as a man and fears losing you because of her bulsh!t.

Honestly, don't fret over it man. Keep up the excellent work. :up:

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but is it really a worthwhile realtionship if she goes out with other guys and stuff like that when shes with u... isent it better to just brake up and move on cuz if she does stuff like that then she isent really in love with you? .... but what do i know of ur realationship... so dont mind me ...

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't think you can question an entire relationship just becasue she wanted to be an AW for one night and get attention from some guy.

johnfjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
very good job. Reminds me of a time my gf started hyperventilating when she found out I was going to dorm at my College instead of commute (thinking I'd see girls at the college, party, etc....all the **** college kids do who dorm). It's all about the fear of losing you. And don't worry about her getting "angry" that you were concerned she was with another guy. I guarantee you that it was a **** test (also an AW move to get attention from him) to see what you would do. You handled it well, and you hanging out with other chicks does indeed scare her, so does your seeming confidence in allowing her to hang out with her guy friends. Great job calling her bluff. Just know that every girl has an AW side to her, and you will likely encounter this kinda **** during the course of your relationship (especially in the beginning).

HeartlessBtch

Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: :crackup:

One thing I have to say is that she's WHOOPED...It's very ironic she cried about the THOUGHT of u hanging out with girls and she still thinks she didn't do anything wrong...Congrats, I'm very proud on how u handled the situation :up:

Griffith

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pwnt.

Just keep acting as you are, my friend. Your powerful self-confidence won the day.

--Griff

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny that the one apologizing gained more power. Not often is this the case. When I first read those words I was thinking: "what the hell is he doing apologizing to her!?!" I must admit her reaction surprised me quite a bit.