Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I feel like there's something wrong here

ebracer05

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/former-senior-high-teacher-gets-days-for-rape-of-student/article_b1f84190-ef23-5868-8799-b779c0421dc1.html#.UhzzKLoIbxk.email

This news story hit me the wrong way on several levels and I'd like to hear some assessments form the guys here.

I have personally always had an issue with the idea of statutory rape. I say that carefully and to a point because I realize that children can be so young that they are not careful of rational choice - you could talk a 5 year old in to doing a lot! That being said, let's think about where we have come from: 100 and especially 200 years ago, people were getting married and pregnant at 14 and earlier. They were starting their lives and as a matter of practicality didn't have time for things like "adolescence", "finding themselves", and a "childhood experience". We don't expect anything out of kids today and baby them innumerably. If we actually exerted an expectation on our children, I don't believe this would even be an issue.

Instead, we're too busy shelling out thousands of dollars for the average high school prom (for a child who has never had a job but enjoys luxuries like smartphones and a nice car).

I also have a big problem when people try and blame a person's (or child's) suicide on another person, outside of coercion (which is murder). In any other circumstance, if I pushed a person far enough to do something like say, rob a bank, I would generally not be found guilty of doing anything wrong - because I wouldn't have. The person who robbed the bank would be guilty because they had the ability to freely choose whether or not to rob the bank.

I just think all of this is inflaming the wrong kind of ire from the population. People are circulating petitions trying to unseat the judge... why aren't people circulating petitions encouraging parents to invest more in their children so less of them commit suicide?

My mind has been distracted lately and I'm having a hard time expressing what it is that this story seems to not vibe well with... maybe someone else can help articulate it.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These days rape and child abuse are using so widely that make it far from it is original meaning. rape in original was forcing some some one to sex act (usually stranger not an husband or bf ) . now these days any crime related to sex is some how twisted to have one of the rape definitions. couple of next years calling a woman in some bad names will be considered verbal rape.
in general what was sexual abuse now become rape
and what was sexual harassment elevated to be sexual abuse

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Danger: very true
you forget to mention by 15 they have wife and kids and job to get money .

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
[*]Most children don't work until they hit 18 years old.
[*]We don't let children drive until 16, when just a century ago they were riding horses regularly without supervision.
At 80 mph?

cupioz

Don Juan
Reaction score
evan12 said:
These days rape and child abuse are using so widely that make it far from it is original meaning. rape in original was forcing some some one to sex act (usually stranger not an husband or bf ) . now these days any crime related to sex is some how twisted to have one of the rape definitions. couple of next years calling a woman in some bad names will be considered verbal rape.
in general what was sexual abuse now become rape
and what was sexual harassment elevated to be sexual abuse

We already had this in Germany when a young Journalist met up with several drunk Politicians in a bar at saturday night. No direct physical harm done, just hitting on her.(pun intended)

The name of the "antagonist" is Rainer Brüderle. Google it.
It caused an online wave of #Aufschrei (outcry), causing several girls nation wide to be offended even at funny innuedos.

Yes Girls. I call mature female homo sapiens women on the other hand.