Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I f-ed up a university presintation... But learn something valuabe.

Miguel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, guys, I just failed at a important debate. I went up there, forgot half my points, stuttered, and generally got a 50% (aka, sympathy marks.) It wasn't that I'm not a good public speaker, infact I'm a trained debater, actor, and presenter. (it's key for my major) However my problem came from the simple fact that I hadn't read the stuff, praticed it, memmorized it.

Now, I know that sounds VERY strange, [/sarcasim] but the thing I realized that this feeling was the same I get when I aproach with new material that I don't know too well or when I first started. The same feeling of social aprehension, the same crash and burn mentality, the same fall apart at last minute mentality.

So what I realized, is that the anxiety you feel in bad or new aproaches, doesn't come from people, it comes from a feeling of being unprepared.

Thoughts?

The Master Disaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense, if the way you write is the way you speak, you sound flustered and unorganized. You also misspelled presentation; hopefully, you didn't do that on your class presentation...

Anyways back to the point, anxiety is an instinctive feeling we get when we feel the task we are faced with is far too great than what we perceive we can achieve. Thus, this is why anxiety and confidence are linked. Men, who are confident, are perceived to be stronger, smarter, better equipped.

It most likely saved our race back when we had real predators, but now that we are our own worst enemy it tends to get in our more than it helps out.

The sense of feeling unprepared that you are linking with anxiety is undoubtably linked, but I don't think anxiety is solely caused by feeling unprepared. However, unpreparedness does indubitably cause anxiety, but approaching women is anxiety caused by a variety of things from breaking social norms to breaking your own norms.

So, I don't really agree with you. Anxiety is caused by numerous, numerous things one of those is of course the feeling of being unprepared.

addicted2money

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think real DJs don't need to memorize stuff, but of course, practice makes perfect.

Miguel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well to be honest, I was... VERY flustered when I wrote that. (Mixed between, hey this a good idea, and wow this sucks.) But roll here,

I dunno, I just really noticed the feeling felt IDENITICAL to the aproach anxiety I used to get when I first started investigating the game. Harsh, cold, and terrible...

However, now-a-days, I feel much more confident, I feel more in place because I know what too do, and how to talk to people. Similarily, I remember when I've done presintation in the past that were ordered and planned out, I felt very comfortable... however the chaos of not knowing what was happen in this presintation felt like... well you know.

I'm thinking, that while you might not need scripts, not being prepared is one of the largest contributors to AA, not knowing what to say, how to say it. Maybe it's just being prepared to deal with the outcomes of a situation that CREATE AA. Just a though really.