I ended my relationship; and now I feel lost. long..

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my exgf. But I have too much in my life going on right now. I ended it last night because she pushed the issue of "Why do you feel tied down?" and I told her about how I've never been in another relationship and I want to be able to *meet* NOT hookup with other girls, she took what I siad and told me to forget about us, all awhile crying her eyes out.
I wish that there was a simpler way to escape from life for a while and figure out what I want, but the truth is I dont know what I want; and who does? What I do know is that I love her but I hate the relationship-tied down feeling. She comes home from college for the weekend; I have to hangout with her all weekend. She gets mad when I don't call; I'm busy, fvck.
I am torn because I feel like I made a mistake, I lost someone I care about, but at the time it felt like what I wanted. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've done this to this girl, the exact same reason. Each time we've gotten this close, I end up pushing her away. I dont think I'm ready to deal with her level of commitment man.
and I dont want to just "forget her" as she put it when she told me to forget her and leave last night. She knows I love her, she just cant sit around waiting and waiting. Last thing I said was "You may not ever believe this, but I love you Jenny. I'll call you tomorrow."

This happened after she joined my family for dinner last night. To top it off my mom makes me feel like a d!ckhead for being insensative, and my dad tells me "you shouldnt off her just like that, she seems like a spectacular girl who knows what she wants and where shes going. Who knows, if you stay strong for a year you may go to college together." Jesus, way to make me feel like I threw away my chance at love. d4mn.
And my best friend who knows like everything about our relationship said that he thinks I did the right thing and I shouldn't run back and should enjoy myself.

Iuno man, any words of wisdom or comments?

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get rushes like ever 30 minutes alternating between
"I'm single, I can go do what I've wanted to do and get with other girls"
and on the other hand I get all down like in the above post. She said on aim "patrick call me as soon as u can so we can just figure things out and make things better plz"...wtf am I gonna say?
I dont even know if I want her back or not man.

ascalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant say if the thing you did was right,but i will try to think over the situation. One thing for sure,it's not good to be tied in nots to one girl.I see 2 solutions - the one is to change her, the other is to change(terminate) the relationship.

1.You say that you love her(I hope she loves you too :) ),so it would be normal for one couple to have some mutual concessions.Try to talk with her and try to explain the situation,have your own way with her.(Man,noone can command you not to meet girls!!!!)

If she doesn't agree with this,you can do 2 things:

2.the first one is to leave
3.the other is to stay with her and suffer

I hope you will not do the 3rd think :)

ascalon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Patrick124 said:
I get rushes like ever 30 minutes alternating between
"I'm single, I can go do what I've wanted to do and get with other girls"
and on the other hand I get all down like in the above post. She said on aim "patrick call me as soon as u can so we can just figure things out and make things better plz"...wtf am I gonna say?
I dont even know if I want her back or not man.
Uff I wirte too slow :p

OOOOkay man , you almost have the answer!!!
this time it's the dilemma to risk and to have better but unsure relationship,or to have average normal and sometimes boring relationship.

Those climbers who don't risk never reach the top of the mountain.
So in my opinion you have to leave that relationship at the foot of the mountain and continue climbing up :)

Precursor

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, she sounds like a nutcase lol, seriously ,

"She comes home from college for the weekend; I have to hangout with her all weekend. She gets mad when I don't call; I'm busy, fvck."

tell her you don't tolerate her "being mad when you don't call" and just leave. why? because you are the man. just leave. she will come back.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she did come back.
and i took her back. all my boys tell me i need tot ake a break. My frined says he was in my exact position.
I love being with ehr hwne i'm WITH HER. but when i'm not its jsut like...dear god let me do my own thing. I walk my highschool halls and sjut see potential EVERYWHERE.
but i meann. theres so many fvcking factors in this.

and when i said i HAVE to be with ehr, i dont have to be..she sjut assumes I will. Last weekend I said i was going to a party saturday night, she didnt want to go. she was even going to drop me off there haha[no license, mine got suspended].

I mean i guess my mom n my boy chris gave me the best advice. Date aroundn town, shes not here. Do it undercover, if she finds out and flips, oh well. And fi I still feel restless about the whole situation, do it before she leaves for college after christmas...that way shes not in town for a whole month right after i break up with her.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man all i can say is: remember time back when you were a AFC, remember how much u wanted to be with some1, to have some1 to care for and who cares about you. I bet you had that feeling, i am the same age as you so i understand completly, i am busy as well and now i have a GF who i have been out wit for a month and half now, but i no that some1 like her is not easy to meet everyday, if your girl is important to u and u love her, then y not enjoy your time with her. Thing is, you need time management skills, get all your work out the way on one day, then you will be free. Trust me, plan your day to each precise moment, then you can enjoy your life and relationship to the full, the best thing you can hope for-trust me.
I no that we are all DJs, but have you seen hitch? when you feel like that 4 some1, you just have to go with the flow.
Good luck man, think about it. Take her back.