Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I don't think diablo is a good moderator

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't feel like gathering any evidence, but he seems like he's just out to get everyone....like a bored cop.

No offense, but I want to see what others think.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Without anything to support your case, I must dismiss your complaint without prejudice.

Bring some evidence to support your claim if you truly feel your complaint is justified. But the burden of proof is extremely high.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did I offend you in some manner? If you wouldn't mind posting some examples of what it is that you have a problem with specifically, I'll be glad to take a look at my response or reaction to a certain thread or situation. Without knowing what it is that you feel I'm doing wrong, I'm not sure how it is you hope that I'll change.

By the way, no offense was taken.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez, what did I ever do to...Oh, you mean this one isn't going after ME!? Damn this feels wierd...

I highly support Diablo and the rest of the mods I work with. They keep the place as clean as possible. If you think they are bad, just imagine this place without ANY mods.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what does a guy have to do to piss off a moderator around here???!!! :p

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
So what does a guy have to do to piss off a moderator around here???!!! :p
Have the name "Capi."

Or "Crazykid." The little snot is gonna try and drag it through the mud...

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez, what did I ever do to...Oh, you mean this one isn't going after ME!? Damn this feels wierd...
:rolleyes:

Or "Crazykid." The little snot is gonna try and drag it through the mud...
:D

Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
I don't feel like gathering any evidence, but he seems like he's just out to get everyone....like a bored cop.

No offense, but I want to see what others think.
He is new to the mod..game. What do you expect...hell many of the experienced ones do suck like that femanazi guys said.

A good mod is always in the background unlike some on this board:

Giv me an ass

You only want to take this to PMs because you know otherwise everyone will see what a fool you are.

A good mod keeps the policies of the site. If the owner says no flaming a good mod wouldn't stoop to poor flame attempts.

Good mods look out for the wellbeing of the business. Good mods know to PM folks their opinions no matter how lame they are. The list could go on and on and on.

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had actually replied that I didn't think the complaint was justified, then Diablo goes and deletes "all the replies" in a thread I was contributing to because one person put a political reply. I spent f*cking 30 minutes on my reply trying to stimulate a good discussion and Diablo just deletes everything due to "increasing political debate". At least keep the replies that were on topic, or close the thread and keep the good replies. But don't f*cking delete replies that people have spent time and energy typing up. What kind of cr*ap is that?

Please explain.

Last edited:

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Did I offend you in some manner? If you wouldn't mind posting some examples of what it is that you have a problem with specifically, I'll be glad to take a look at my response or reaction to a certain thread or situation. Without knowing what it is that you feel I'm doing wrong, I'm not sure how it is you hope that I'll change.

By the way, no offense was taken.
No, you are new, you are fine...you didn't offend me. I think another poster said it best, though, that you should try to be in the background more. I don't have any major complaints....but I thought the thread about Irish girls being ugly should not have been closed so hastily as it didn't really get bitter. I'm half-Irish too...I was curious to see how that thread would go (I don't find Irish girls attractive, either). But, like I said, I didn't really care that much.

You're new....maybe lighten up and stay in the background a bit more? very apreciative you didn't get incited over this thread! Good luck and happy modding!

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by One on One
No, you are new, you are fine...you didn't offend me. I think another poster said it best, though, that you should try to be in the background more. I don't have any major complaints....but I thought the thread about Irish girls being ugly should not have been closed so hastily as it didn't really get bitter. I'm half-Irish too...I was curious to see how that thread would go (I don't find Irish girls attractive, either). But, like I said, I didn't really care that much.

You're new....maybe lighten up and stay in the background a bit more? very apreciative you didn't get incited over this thread! Good luck and happy modding!
But it only takes 1 person to say an african american chick is ugly before it blows up.

Its better to stop it before it starts.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: I don't think diablo is a good moderator

Originally posted by Player_Supreme
He is new to the mod..game. What do you expect...hell many of the experienced ones do suck like that femanazi guys said.

A good mod is always in the background unlike some on this board:
Well he must be a great mod, I hadn't heard of him until this thread.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vincent
But it only takes 1 person to say an african american chick is ugly before it blows up.

Its better to stop it before it starts.
Oh you just had to go there didn't you... Everyone tip toes around stuff like this but not YOU!!!!!! :p

I can't remember what comedian said it but it's funny as h3ll...
"I'm not prejudiced, I hate EVERYBODY!" :D

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
Further to my reply above here is the thread I was talking about:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60656

This is not an example of good moderating. A moderator gets the replies back on topic and keeps order here. YOu don't just arbitrarily delete replies people have worked on.
The replies were deleted after a discussion in the Mod Corner as to what to do with the thread, as it had become political. Our decision was to give the thread a fresh start, instead of closing it altogether as was originally intended. If your post was not political in nature, feel free to repost it. However, the thread is being closely monitored and will be closed should it turn back into "KERRY KERRY BUSH".

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
This action was taken only after the thread in question was copied to the moderator's corner and I asked for advice on how to handle it. There was nothing arbitrary about the deletion, the discussion was becoming "KERRY THIS, KERRY THAT". In fact, you'll notice that the original poster even thanked me in his first response to the thread after the replies were removed for violating site policy. If he doesn't have a problem with me doing it, and I was advised by other moderators to do it, then I'm not sure why you would have a problem. Hope this clarifies.
Actually, I didn't get a chance to read whatever was going on, all I heard was that it was getting kinda ugly in there. I will say that my intension was definitely not political, at best it was loosely philosophical. I am curious how the h3ll it became political though, it would have been interesting to watch the thought process that led to it.

Either way, no skin off my nose, no biggie. The thread is still up minus the political stuff so it's all good. :D

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diablo wrote:
If he doesn't have a problem with me doing it, and I was advised by other moderators to do it, then I'm not sure why you would have a problem.
I have a problem because I spent time and energy writing a reply that was not full of "Kerry this Kerry that" and it should not have been deleted simply because someone else violated policy. Did you even read it before deleting it? There were other replies as of last night that were not political.

I don't care if the original poster or the other mods thought nothing of deleting all the replies and don't have a problem with it.

I think it's a bonehead maneuver that does not help stimulate good discussions. You should warn the offenders and/or delete the offending post (s). Not arbitrarily delete all posts. Why should people contribute and post if some delinquent post about politics can get the whole thread deleted? Does this mean that anyone can just jump into ANY thread, initiate a political discussion and then ALL THE REPLIES GET DELETED? Is that good moderating? Does that encourage people to post quality stuff if some idiots can get all their replies deleted?

Seriously, it's a serious question. Is that an ok policy? If someone actually jumps into Pook's "Secret of the Jerk" thread, posts some political stuff about Kerry being a jerk, and then someone else says some Bush stuff, then you've got a whole political thread going on page 6 for example of the thread. Would you guys then deleted ALL THE REPLIES after the original post? Delete pages 2 to 7 because some idiot started a political thread on page 6. Would you?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I apologize for deleting your reply. I do stand by the actions taken, however. Twice I posted warnings in the thread, telling everyone to not get political. Twice these were ignored. Next time a thread gets political, the thread will be locked, instead of given a chance to start fresh. I believed the original subject matter has information which can bring about an intelligent and meaningful conversation - however, when it degrades to political slander on both sides of the fence, it must be stopped. Once again, sorry if you got caught in the crossfire - at fear of being redundant, next time it will be locked instead.

Oh, Francisco... You quoted the reply I'd made initially, before I re-worded it 3 minutes later, damn you! :p