Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I dont like my workout help me out

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a thiner build (not scrawny) but i have been trying to gain muscel. anyways i train in MMA about 2-3 times a week, and go work out about 3 times. my trainer set me up on some scheduel but i dont think it is what i want.

10 min cardio for warm up
3 sets of 10-12

I like the muscel groups i have for each day, i just dont like how many sets i am doing or reps. I think its to many and just for getting cut... would it be wise to go more of a 2 sets of 8?

I take protine, creatine, and vitamins... i am getting fish oil here soon though. anyways what do you guys think?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a personal martial arts fitness trainer for a while. He reckons one day a week do big weights. He called his routine, "push, pull, legs". eg. push(bench/shoulder press) pull(rows/chins) legs(squats/deadlifts). Train extremal intense. Like you're Goku. reps for squats should vary from 5-20. the rest should be around 5-8.

the other day do whatever in big reps for endurance. dips, tris, calfs, biceps

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
well sometimes i go to the gym and my friend is training for naga and he does 1 set of 50, 1 set of 40 then 30 then 20.... but i am not doing it for MMA (i just do that for fun). I just want to get big, so what would be a body builders workout? and if i wana gain fast how much should i go in a week? i hear people going 2 times a day.... but does that really increase your muscels because your not resting?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you want to get big or strong? there is a strong correlation but it makes a difference.

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
i want to look strong lol.... i mean i am not looking to push a HUGE amount of weight, i just want to look cut and big... if you want i can post a pic of me and you can see my build... plus i went to the gym and lost my back and shoulder workout sheet today.... i take this creatine that starts with a "e"

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ethyl-ester?

Post the pictures.

Why don't you want to put up big weight? I'd rather BE strong than look strong...BEING strong helps you improve the whole "looking" strong thing. It'll help you out in MMA as well.

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
well if there 2 diffrent things then look... here is a pic or RIGHT now

BTW thats not a birth mark... its a bruise from jujitsu some how.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say get some more pictures

Back pictures. Chest pictures. Double Bi pictures. Legs. Both front and side views. The more pictures, the better you can judge your progress.

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am growing decently, i just want another work out... i dont want to train for endurance and cardio... because MMA takes care of that. I wana train for strength.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear the 5x5, Westside, Starting Strength, and stuff off of ironaddicts.com is quite helpful...

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am just about to start my program next week but where ever I read about lifting that was a quality site they recommended Mark Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" program.

Here is how it looks (My program):

Day 1:

3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift
2x5-8 dips

Day 2:

3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing Military Press
3x5 Pendlay Rows
2x5-8 Chinups

This done 3x a week. ex. Mon: Day1, Wed: Day2, Friday: Day1

Arm work added 3-4 weeks later only done on the Friday

Parallel Bar Dips or Incline Skull Crushers 2x8-12
Barbell/DB/EZ-Bar curls 2x8-12

Weight added every week by 2.5-5% depending if you can do them that week.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What the hell is that?

Go to Alex's thread straight away dude.

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you get stronger and eat right you will definitely look like you are strong.

Powerlifters who can bench 300, squat and deadlift above the 400s, arent scrawny looking things

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are doing mma, alex's thread will be to much on your body. the workout I posted along with intense mma and cr@p loads of food WILL make u big. When I go back to my old town, everyone comments on how mean I now look

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your diet is so so important while doing this. Especially is you have the same matabolisum as me. Do not stop eating!

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
LoL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What the hell is that?

Go to Alex's thread straight away dude.
Sorry I don't mean to HIJACK this thread but what is wrong with my program?

I am just starting to lift.... and don't tell me you just said that because you think that program is "main stream" or you just like some other one... sigh :(!!!...

Be honest here.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The big three all in one workout? Burnout

Extremely low volume for the big three? Pointless

Doing what seems like random exercises all over the place, and then adding an "arm day" after a few weeks? Why?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
The big three all in one workout? Burnout

Extremely low volume for the big three? Pointless

Doing what seems like random exercises all over the place, and then adding an "arm day" after a few weeks? Why?
Bingo

You will be burned after 2 weeks and will hate yourself.

Only thing you can kind of do twice a week is chest, squats and deads is once a week to ensure enough rest