I don't know what happened......

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But after making slow gains for the past 3 years of consistent weight training going from 135lb on up to 160lb (I am 5'9) and being stuck at 160 for about a year, these past 6 weeks I have just exploded. I have gained in the past 6 weeks about 12 pounds. This is NOT water weight, and I doubt it is all muscle but My six pack is still there and I don't even do situps EVER, so I don't care what the %%% are.
I am no expert but this is what I changed in the past 2 months.

1. Eat carbs, I was doing a zone/atkins diet for ALONG time because I heard it balances your insulin and gives you more energy, but it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to gain weight on this diet.
2. Drink water, BUT with every solid food meal have a beer or a glass of juice. This adds another 400 cal a day.
3. Eat in the morning, protein shake and some oatmeal.
4. Lift your legs, I never really got into this and I still don't at the moment do squats, but lunges among other things are doing well.
5. Frozen food, I am a lazy cook so when there wasn't fresh food lying around I missed a meal. Frozen burritos, fish, chicken strips, there is tons of quick food at your grocery freezer.
6. Screw creatine, it adds some water weight but no real size, its overated.

anyway I still have far to go and MUCH to learn but with this new added size I feel and look like a machine.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJintheworks
6. Screw creatine, it adds some water weight but no real size, its overated.
False.

A few days after I started taking creatine my pants didn't fit. My a$$ and legs grew quite a bit.

The Great Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, so basically you started eating heaps more calories and started training properly (doing legs)? Yep, that'll do it for you basically, good work on your new gains anyway.

Oh, and start squatting.

BTW, trying to bulk while on the Atkin's Diet, nice one :D