Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I dont drink or smoke, but most girls do..

illmatic1005

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everytime i find a girl, she would always ask if i smoke or drink. Most girl i have dates either smoke, drink, like to get drunk, or all 3.

I, on the other hand, dont smoke, drink, and never even got drunk. My values are too high I guess. I dont even have an urge to do it.

I know one other kid who nobody likes. Hes pompous and thinks hes the sh!t. But he too wont smoke or drink and is totally against it. I hear people talk about him saying "He's such a faggot he doesnt drink or smoke"

I wonder if people say that about me. All i hear is "Why not?", "Wow thats great you have will power'..but what do they say behind my back?

I know in these times, or just around me, smoking and/or drinking is popular. I am not against drinking, just smoking. I dont really mind too much if my girl drink or smokes, but i prefer if she doesnt. I have even changed some girls and they quit smoking and/ or drinking and still gave it up even after i stopped talking to them

Will the girl think i am a 'loser' or something because i dont smoke or drink tho?

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not alwayse what you do that defines you, but who you are inside.

Being a dj means being yourself, I myself don't like beer, I don't drink it, and my mates buste me on it once and a while, but they also respect me for it. It's not because I don't do something that it makes me a loser. It's not because you don't get drunk you can't have a good time or be the coolest guy in the joint...

Hell if you're the sober guy that alwayse has the most fun at the parties.. If you're the idiot that thinks everything is stupid and alwayse nags the sh*t out of things, people will hate you. Be optimistic and make sure you're having a good time, and stay yourself while doing it...

Anyway the mind of a 16 year old... for them if you drink you're the man, but we all know, it doesn't... Women won't find you the man if you're an alcoholic...

Have fun and stay yourself, It's all I can say about it...

eko

Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as your not condescending or patronize people about drinking then you're fine.. and people will probably respect you for that. I know a few cool kids who don't smoke or drink and don't really party, but people still like them. I just think it's a lot easier to make friends and get along with a lot more people if you go out once in a while. I'd at least give it a shot, beer isn't the devil

When you say you don't drink, it makes you seem uptight. No one really likes uptight people. I know a few kids who aren't uptight and don't do it just because they don't want to ( but they've tried it)

PlayToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
smoking and drinking are basically just facilitators(sp) for having fun. If you don't need them to have as much fun as people who do smoke and drink then don't do either. The key to that line is "as much fun", basically like Credos said, if you are the one having the most fun at the parties and clubs despite being sober, then people are going to like you regardless. In fact if you can go to a party or club sober, but have the attitude, demeanor, and jovial attitude of something who is buzzed or beginning stages of drunk, then you will no doubt probably pull the most ladies, and be the life of the party.

Most times the coolest people at parties and the ones who get the girls are the ones that are not hammered, but instead who just keep a really strong buzz, and that way they are still telling jokes and having a blast, without the sometimes DJ killing aspects of drinking, such as being loud or obnoxious and making stupid decisions.

So if you can basically learn to have the personality of a social person who is buzzed but not drunk, then you will be getting the most girls. Since you will be on top of your game and be able to control your decisions be gaming the hotties.

However thats pretty tricky, since if it was easy, then hardly anyone would ever drink. Plus I don't know if you have ever been to a club sober, but it can be one of the most boring places you can be if your sober, but a blast if your drinking and gaming hotties.

Most people are annoyed or turned off by people who don't drink or smoke because they seem elitest, uptight, and boring. I am not at all saying you are any of those things, in fact I respect your ability to not drink or smoke. However I am just stating the views of most people. Most people I know that don't drink or smoke, always talk about all the negatives of both, and how they think it kills productivity, and how much money is wasted on it, and how people should be able to have fun without it. Obviously those points are all true and dead on correct. However people who smoke and drink already know this and choose to do it anyway and just like anything, they don't want to be criticized or scruntinized for it. So my advice for you is keep doing what your doing, but at parties or clubs people should not really tell that your completely sober, in fact you should carry a non-alcoholic drink around, and people should not even be able to tell that your completely sober, they should just think that your jovial and fun but drinking lightly.

Then my friend you have the best of both worlds. So to sum it all up, basically for your own sake, especially when meeting new people at a party, the fact that your don't drink or smoke should not be extremely noticable. Otherwise many people will get a bad first impression of you. I know that society is stupid to think that way, but you have to deal with it.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't like you simply because you don't drink or smoke is ridiculous. However, if you come off with the attitude that you are a better person because of it, which most sober people do, that's where you're going to encounter issues. I'm sure 90% of those people don't mean to do it, but it happens anyway. Also, smokers don't like to be told that they should quit. I've been there. 98% of smokers have attempted to quit at least once, the other 2% are just idiots.

In your case, if someone offers you a drink, I'd just politely decline, you don't need a monologue about how you're sober. If they ask, just say something like I want to drive tonight, or I have to wake up early, blah blah blah, if they keep asking then you can neg on them for being so nosey, then it turns into a fun game. After awhile they will get the picture, then you'll be the humble guy by not trying to display your awesomeness to resist the fun times of alcohol.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, no they don't

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
illmatic1005 said:
I, on the other hand, dont smoke, drink, and never even got drunk. My values are too high I guess. I dont even have an urge to do it.
Get off your pedestal. Women like chemical induced happiness and feel uncomfortable when some one isn't joining them.

Alcohol has been a social lubricant for thousands of years, join the fun and drink in moderation.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alot of people drink and smoke to feel accepted or to be cool believe it or not. I would stay away from it. Most people who start cannot quit and it is killing them. They always wish they never would of tried it in the first place. Stay clean and sober because, most people cannot say that.

rjones

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a friend who quit drinking and the girls dont mind. some of them are actually impressed by it. i know lots of guys who dont smoke and thats a good thing because most people hate it so you have nothing to worry about.

JahGlory

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're up for lying just tell them you used to.. like mad.. and got it all out of your system. They know as well as you do that those thigns kill brain cells and I want all of mine if I want to be successful.

I smoked/drank like mad in grade 9/10/11 and personally got it all out of my system. I don't know, one day I may be persuaded to have a swag socially, but I'll never smoke weed again. I've developed too strong intovertial connections to do it socially.

Smoking cigs is a whole nother subject, and is just stupid in the first place. Why smoke just to smoke something?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell them you are allergic to smoke.
tell them you don't drink because you have a frail liver.
tell them you personally choose not to do those things because you value your health and you do not want to become a cancer statistic.

you can say whatever you want to these people and it doesn't matter what they think. you have to do what is right for you.

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cigarrettes and beers are for girls..
try heroine.

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Credos said:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I want to put my two cent in disagreeing by a quote from Aristotle. "We become just by performing just action, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave action. " It is the opposite, it is not who are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

However, while you actions defines who you are and makes what is your character, character does leads to thoughts that eventually leads to action, though changing actions long enough change a person character. So what who you are inside does define too, but indirectly.

Ok, I'll say something on topic to, I agree with the above, there's no problem of choosing not to drink and smoke. It is the people who act all high and mighty that people dislike. No one likes to feel like they are looked down for something they do. To also note, I also met a good number of girls who don't, and they some are pretty cute (though all of them so far are either Asian or Jewish, actually maybe I shouldn't say that, but it just what I noticed, maybe someone else here can point out examples of other people).

Eklipse

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone always puts smoking into drinking as something people bad people or people just do it so you think their cool but its legitimately fun. I've friends with both people who party and people who are completely straight edge and to be honest the people that party are generally way more fun to be around even when they are sober. This is a generalization but people who are straight edge seem to be more boring and more close minded. You don't have to get completely trashed but there nothing wrong with just drinking a few beers at a party.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with not smoking or drinking. I don't smoke and i don't drink very much either. I mainly drink on social ocassions but every now and then i like to have a drink at home when i get home from work. :cool:

Reaction score
It's true you are better off NOT smoking or drinking. BUT, most girls like to drink and smoke so you should have some on hand it will help you get laid.

Credos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheHumanist said:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I want to put my two cent in disagreeing by a quote from Aristotle. "We become just by performing just action, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave action. " It is the opposite, it is not who are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

However, while you actions defines who you are and makes what is your character, character does leads to thoughts that eventually leads to action, though changing actions long enough change a person character. So what who you are inside does define too, but indirectly.

Ok, I'll say something on topic to, I agree with the above, there's no problem of choosing not to drink and smoke. It is the people who act all high and mighty that people dislike. No one likes to feel like they are looked down for something they do. To also note, I also met a good number of girls who don't, and they some are pretty cute (though all of them so far are either Asian or Jewish, actually maybe I shouldn't say that, but it just what I noticed, maybe someone else here can point out examples of other people).

When I read you post I wanted to say you're wrong but discussing on this forum just ends with useless conversations with people who just believe what other idiots say and stick with their believes making discussing 100% useless with them. So I'm not gonna start discussing the matter, think what you want, if you believe that everything what you do defines you, then good for you...

Love Ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can, in the most 'non-judgment' way possible, tell them you don't...

THEN DROP IT! ... it has always worked for me. And girlfriends have told me that it seemed mysterious at the time.

I made it part of the package: Non-Smoker, Non-Drinker, Vegetarian = Martial Artist.

The judgment is where problems arise. I tell women that I'm perfectly cool with them having a big steak.

If they ask why I'm a vegetarian...

I tell them, with the straightest face possible
"Some people are vegetarian because they love animals. Me... I hate plants. Can't stand 'em."

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't even explan your self. why are you explaining yourself? if someone ask why aren't you doing it...just smile at em and say. I'm good right now. Nah. I'm not feeling that right now. I'm just not into it. And just move on. Its not a big deal unless you make it a big deal. Explaining how rightious you are is annoying. nobody cares.

If its some really hot girl, tell her you'll tell her why one day when you both alone. Make it a mystery. Then give her some sob story about a family member and some horrible alchol related tragedy. She'll think your like, so deep! lol. :)

But seriously...yer a man, you don't have to explain. Just be cool, keep it simple and keep the convo moving forward.