I-commerce and Quixtar.

jmeredi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of these things? If so, what are your opinions?

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jmeredi said:
Anyone ever heard of these things? If so, what are your opinions?
Don't know about I commerce, but Quixtar is a well-known pyramid organization. That is, only a few of the senior-level members actually make any money. Google it.

I seriously would toss thinking about them out the window and go on to something else. There's a reason why (a) they give you the hard sell to become a member, (b) everyone you know isn't a member, (c) they're frequently investigated and changed their name, (d) no one except members of the organization ever talk about it or see it as a way to actually make money, (e) they have tons of critics and dissatisfied ex-members.

Don't be a foo', stay in school.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quixtar is a scam, its under the guise of cult in psychologist communities, you will make no money. Do dilligent research. The thing about cults is that they dont look like cults to an outsider hence the reason why they exist and some thrive.

Decisions to go into business aren't made by reading a 4 sided booklet and hearing hoorah. They are made pouring through business plans and financial projections. which they will not give you. If you want proof go to a venture capitalist and ask him if he wants to invest in your "quixtar business" by handing him a leaflet.

www.merchantsofdeception.com
www.mlmwatchdog.com

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I have a friend who is involved in Quixstar, and he makes tons of money, enough to have a home and lots of cool ****, and he has no other soure of income. The people that complain about these scams are the lazy people that think they will sign up for Quixstar and make instant money, it doesn't work like that, you need to invest time and energy into it to start making good money.

--Mission

Mission

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if it were infact a "well-known" pyramid scam it would have been shut down by now. The company has been around for years.

--Mission

Reaction score
Mission said:
Also, if it were infact a "well-known" pyramid scam it would have been shut down by now. The company has been around for years.

--Mission
Ok. So what does your friend do? What's his job? And what is the company's purpose/product?

MrStabAHo

Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend tried to get me into Quixtar at the beginning of this summer. Basically you "get paid" to buy all your products online and you get paid by reffering other people (thus, a legal pyramid scheme) and building your team.
Reason I didn't go through with it:
1. You gotta pay around $170 to get started
2. Your required to go to meetings every week
3. At the meetings they preach the same BS over and over ("Learn to be your own boss, blah blah blah") and they try to get you to buy those motivational money book. ( I actually enjoy reading some of the books)
4. Sometimes the meetings are far away and you have waste all that gas money for nothing
5. What another poster said earlier, the environment just felt weird. Everyone had this weird vibe. Kind of like a cult.

So its up to you bro. If you think you know a lot of people you can get to start buying all their stuff online you can refer them and build a team and basically get paid for nothing.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mission said:
Actually I have a friend who is involved in Quixstar, and he makes tons of money, enough to have a home and lots of cool ****, and he has no other soure of income. The people that complain about these scams are the lazy people that think they will sign up for Quixstar and make instant money, it doesn't work like that, you need to invest time and energy into it to start making good money.

--Mission
Generally, quixtar ibo's are encouraged to spend to the hilt everything they got, the fake it till you make it. Drive a Mercedes but live in it. Buy a house but be up to eyeballs in credit card debt because you'll get to the next level where you can pay for it. Looks can be deceiving.

Its quite obvious you type in quixtar in google you'll come up with a barage of information on it that's negative. Is someone out to get quixtar cause they're crazy or there's some conspiracy, i think not. Now type in "mcdonalds franchise" "subway franchise" "entrepreneur" a REAL actual business. You aint going to be seeing anything about a cult, groups of mcd's franchisees that had their lives ruined, or how no one makes money, and the fact there is little equity ability in it.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a scam, it's MLM (Multi-Level Marketing). MLM relies on people networking to create the distribution chain for consumer goods. Quixtar's particular business model of MLM has past the peak of its life cycle in America. They still make money here, but the bulk of their revenues now come from overseas.

Network marketing has the potential to make you wealthy, but most people fail because they put minimal effort into it. It's not all that different from starting any other business. A lot of people get into network marketing activities because they have gold fever. They also like the travel, the high-energy atmosphere, and the social environment - it makes them feel important. They make an emotional experience out of it, instead of a wealth-building experience. These are the people who fail in business anyway.

Don't think of MLM as good or bad - it is what it is. There are pros and cons. To the poster who said google it and look at all the failures, think of those people like the AFCs who come on here and whine because they can't get a date. You aren't gonna see those complaints with the franchise businesses because 1) not everyone has the capital to start one, whereas anyone can get into MLM, and 2) MLM is much higher risk IF you don't know what you're doing.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quixtar is shady at best and a scam at worst. It takes advantage of people's greed and exploits it for all it's worth.

What they don't tell you is that the guys on top don't make it big by selling soap and cleaning products , they get rich by selling tapes to people on the bottom. Think about it: Why do they emphasize motivation so much? If they wanted you to succeed, the motivation tapes would be free, not cost something like $15 each. What they've done is to create artificial demand for the tapes by encouraging people just starting out to buy them and listen to them all the time.

also, it's not about how much effort you put into it, b/c the deck is always stacked against you. The drop-out rate is immense (at least 90%) so if most people drop out, you can't build a good downline.

The fake-it-until-you-make it aspect is especially devious. Often the big players in these organizations are hired shills; while they are presented as success stories in the organization to attract the sheep, they are often paid a salary under the table to support their opulent lifestyle to draw people in-- this is outright fraud. You often see these guys in several programs at once.

misterethoughts

Don Juan
Reaction score
I been in it twice.. and have seen multiple people get ****ed over by spending there money they get from there other job to pay for the books and tapes and such. check this web site....
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4375477/

I went to wikipedia then typed in quixtar.. then i went all the way down the page and found links to different news site.. there was a site i saw, where they had a video.... the above web site is the transcript of what was going on and what they were talking about... but look for a video clip through wikipedia link... It will blow your socks off.. after viewing that video and reading that transcript i said forget it.. it cost 250 to get started... and takes 20 hours a week to work in your so called business.. it's a scam.... or maybe because it didn't work out for me....