Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I can't maintain a friendship with my ex and best friend if I dont "support her love for him".

dajinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a very rough spot that is absolutely devastating my mental health. Just when I feel like I have a shred of personal integrity and strength I cave and allow myself to get walked on.

Me and my ex had a very interesting relationship for about 3 years. It ended on a weird note and I suspect she was getting close to my best friend and used an event around that tone to justify the ending of it and kicking me out. Unfortunately I truly believe she is a great person to have as a friend when I already don't really have many. The problem is she grew to fall in love with my best friend.

I was not okay with this. I could have gotten over her and healed even as friends with her but I simply know I would never be able to heal or remain comfortable around my best friend if they pursued their love. I began to make things awkward for her when I confronted my best friend about this multiple times. Because I suspected towards the end of the relationship that he was courting her. He admitted he was and it stopped but it was an on and off thing even after I got dumped.

I went to her house this past weekend and we talked a bit. She continuously asked me if I would stand in the way of love. I told her that if she dated my friend that I would have no choice but to end my friendship with him. She basically called me selfish and told me I don't support her and that I can't control peoples lives like that. I feel like I am just as much entitled to my feelings as she is hers except I find more rational basis in mind. It would make me very unhappy and it would pain me to be with my friend knowing he is dating my ex. Sorry but that should be enough for anyone to just move on. Instead she is the one who tells me to move on when when she is literally just in love, and is not even dating him, and can get over him and move on. She is forcing me to play my hand against a 6 year old friendship with my buddy and it deeply saddens me to think she doesn't seem to care.

The problem is she holds things over my head and uses financial incentives to keep me reeled in and in check. She added me to her life insurance policy so if she dies I could claim. And a few other things. She had no problem keeping me on even after she dumped me but now she is saying if I don't move out of the way of love she has no reason to be my friend and support me financially. She knows how much I care about it(and honestly who could easily resist the prospect of sweet beneficiary money) so it sways my opinion. At the end of our talk this past weekend I made some statement that could have been taken as I support her love.

The reality is I don't though. As soon as I got home I just immediately felt sick about the whole thing. About how she is gonna date my best friend and when I hang out with him I know he will be with a woman whom I dearly loved. My self respect has been compromised and I can't seem to put my foot down because I am sad to lose her as a friend. I told my best friend that if he pursues anything I can't remain comfortable maintaining a friendship with him and I believe he understands. He wishes things would just remain the same between us all where we're just all good friends and that he barely talks to her. My friend says he really doesn't want everything to fall apart.

I can't find any peace with myself or with these people and it's taking a toll on me. Am I wrong to feel so strongly about being against her dating my best friend? How can her "love" outweigh the pain I would endure from them being together? I can't tell what's right and what's wrong.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a very rough spot that is absolutely devastating my mental health. Just when I feel like I have a shred of personal integrity and strength I cave and allow myself to get walked on.

Me and my ex had a very interesting relationship for about 3 years. It ended on a weird note and I suspect she was getting close to my best friend and used an event around that tone to justify the ending of it and kicking me out. Unfortunately I truly believe she is a great person to have as a friend when I already don't really have many. The problem is she grew to fall in love with my best friend.

I was not okay with this. I could have gotten over her and healed even as friends with her but I simply know I would never be able to heal or remain comfortable around my best friend if they pursued their love. I began to make things awkward for her when I confronted my best friend about this multiple times. Because I suspected towards the end of the relationship that he was courting her. He admitted he was and it stopped but it was an on and off thing even after I got dumped.

I went to her house this past weekend and we talked a bit. She continuously asked me if I would stand in the way of love. I told her that if she dated my friend that I would have no choice but to end my friendship with him. She basically called me selfish and told me I don't support her and that I can't control peoples lives like that. I feel like I am just as much entitled to my feelings as she is hers except I find more rational basis in mind. It would make me very unhappy and it would pain me to be with my friend knowing he is dating my ex. Sorry but that should be enough for anyone to just move on. Instead she is the one who tells me to move on when when she is literally just in love, and is not even dating him, and can get over him and move on. She is forcing me to play my hand against a 6 year old friendship with my buddy and it deeply saddens me to think she doesn't seem to care.

The problem is she holds things over my head and uses financial incentives to keep me reeled in and in check. She added me to her life insurance policy so if she dies I could claim. And a few other things. She had no problem keeping me on even after she dumped me but now she is saying if I don't move out of the way of love she has no reason to be my friend and support me financially. She knows how much I care about it(and honestly who could easily resist the prospect of sweet beneficiary money) so it sways my opinion. At the end of our talk this past weekend I made some statement that could have been taken as I support her love.

The reality is I don't though. As soon as I got home I just immediately felt sick about the whole thing. About how she is gonna date my best friend and when I hang out with him I know he will be with a woman whom I dearly loved. My self respect has been compromised and I can't seem to put my foot down because I am sad to lose her as a friend. I told my best friend that if he pursues anything I can't remain comfortable maintaining a friendship with him and I believe he understands. He wishes things would just remain the same between us all where we're just all good friends and that he barely talks to her. My friend says he really doesn't want everything to fall apart.

I can't find any peace with myself or with these people and it's taking a toll on me. Am I wrong to feel so strongly about being against her dating my best friend? How can her "love" outweigh the pain I would endure from them being together? I can't tell what's right and what's wrong.
You gotta cut them off for now and move on. It would mess with anyones mind who isn't experienced to "crazy". Cut her off and move on with your life. Maybe in a few years after you healed you will be able to communicate with her or him.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Are you fvcking kidding me?

So the reason you are embroiled in this drama is because you want to be best girlfriends with your
ex because she is financially supporting you???

What's the expression? You want the butter, the money for the butter and you want to fvck the maid who milks the cow......

If being financially dependent on this female is the most important thing to you then you should learn to control your emotions and shut your mouth....

....but seriously......why can't you stand on your own two feet? emotionally and financially?

dajinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can stand on my feet financially and I am but it's just a good feeling I guess to be able to have someone who wants to take care of you like that. My parents aren't even in a position to do that for me when they pass.

Are you actually suggesting I just let them go on with this to maintain the financial benefit?

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
I can stand on my feet financially and I am but it's just a good feeling I guess to be able to have someone who wants to take care of you like that. My parents aren't even in a position to do that for me when they pass.

Are you actually suggesting I just let them go on with this to maintain the financial benefit?
Do you understand the conditional tense? If the money is that important to you......

(Learn to read between the lines.)

If it's not then you should grow a pair of balls and stop with this fantasy of being best girlfriends with this
cvnt.

Your mental health is suffering because you're codependent sucking on this host.......

What you're witnessing is the effect of trying to turning a broken relationship into a friendship. It doesn't work.....

grayclif

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old are you and other than being a beneficiaey how else is she supporting you?

Why would you want to submit to being around these two? It must be so humiliating. I'd suggest you just leave those two lovebirds to themselves. Go about your life and spin plates. You'll be glad you did.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How old are you and other than being a beneficiaey how else is she supporting you?

Why would you want to submit to being around these two? It must be so humiliating. I'd suggest you just leave those two lovebirds to themselves. Go about your life and spin plates. You'll be glad you did.
Yes hanging around these two is CUCK-ish...

dajinn

Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm 26.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You open yourself up to being manipulated when you are financially & emotionally vulnerable.

Get financially independent ASAP and cut both your friend and your ex out of your life completely.

The guy has broken the bro code and deserves to be dumped.

Do not accept trash in your life. They can do what they want, but you can move on and improve your life.

Edit: Accepting this will only open you up to further punishment off other women in the future. You can change now and have the correct frame in this situation.

Example: A new woman asks: 'so what happened with you and your ex'

You: "She wronged me so she got kicked out of my life"

This sets a precedent for future relationships

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're nothing but a cuckold.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If your friend is/was chasing your girlfriend or your ex girlfriend, then he isn't your friend.
If your girlfriend or ex girlfriend wants to go after your best friend then she isn't your friend either. She wants to rub salt into the wound.

" if you stand in the way of love then....."

Dude what she is saying here is " your feelings don't matter to me so get out of my way."

What your friend is saying is " her vagina is more important than our 6 year friendship."

Neither of these two could give a flying f#ck about you and they are proving it with their actions. They are going to date with or without your blessings. If it were me i would tell them be happy together then next the both of them and cut them out of your life.