I an not invited to Mothers day supper WTF

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So been with this girl for 2 years. Over the last two weeks her and I have tried to find a restaurant so her mom and the family ( me included ) could get together for a mothers day supper. As of yesterday we realized we were having no luck finding a restaurant so the plan was that we would get together at her house and have a supper.

I just got off the phone with my GF and she told me that her mom has decided they are going to have supper at home and that she would just like her immediate family to attend, me not included. I was stunned to say the least. I dont know how many times I have attended family gatherings that she has asked me to attend even though I didnt want to , that is all done now for me.

I havent seen my gf for almost a week because of our work schedules so tonight was gonna be our get together night ( we would do something after the supper ) she said to me on the phone " sorry babe I guess we will have to do something this week " so ****in weak. I am totally pissed.

She could tell I was upset as I hung up the phone abruptly. What should I do next , if anything ?

Jonnybangbang

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh. Sometimes immediate families want exactly that; just the immediate family. As you stated, it was her mom's decision, right? Your gf may or may not have fought for you to attend. Let this one go, in my opinion, BUT, if you see a pattern develop where youre becoming excluded from certain events where you normally aren't, then i'd say act on it.

Reaction score
So if it was fathers day and I invited my gf and her father and sister but not her mother would they just let it go ? Would that be appropriate ? On fathers day I can do whatever I want.

Jonnybangbang

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol. That would be some father's day! I'm definitely not implying that. I'm only suggesting that if this pattern continues, and not just with family gatherings but anything out of the ordinary, THEN I would lay the cards out on the table and let her know that this **** ain't cool and will walk away with my head up knowing it was the right choice. Remember, so far, it's just this dinner. Don't let her control those emotions of yours.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 years...

she's sending a message here.

and that message is she's done.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into it. I know my immediate family sometimes just likes to hang out together. None of us four kids are married but two of my siblings have partners and they're always welcome but sometimes my old man just organises sh1t for the immediate family.
No big deal IMHO.
But yes, watch out for any patterns developing.

Reaction score
Danger said:
You've been with her for two years and you haven't seen her all week? Then you won't see her all day on a day you are both free?

I think there is a lot more to this and just Mother's day dinner with her family.
She works evenings and weekends, I work days. It's nothing unusual always been like this, except we are always together on Sunday nights, not tonight though.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her outright why this is - try digging deep - if your gut tells you there is something wrong then trust your gut; I wasted time on a b itch giving me all kinds of excuses as too why i wasnt invited to meet her father.....eventually she dropped me like a sack of s hit :down:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see it as a big deal.

As others pointed out, her mother may want to just to be with her immediate family to have private moments away from outsiders (you) so if you want to always be a part of it then maybe you should put a ring on your g/f finger (I kidd I kidd).

Its not a big deal unless this is the begining of a flake pattern but so far it doesn't seem like it.

My advice: Have a better relationship with the mother (unless the mother is a real b1tch which in that case stay clear & far away as possible).

I am sure you can milk some guilt free sex from your g/f out of this until you feel better ;)

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me it seems this is a reflection on her mother more then her. But the apple never falls far from the tree either.

I would be wary and keep my eyes open. Could be a sign of bad things, could not be.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Burroughs said:
2 years...

Agreed.

If you want to keep using her as a pump-n-dump, whatever. If you want to feel like you're getting some kind of b1tch-azz revenge, you could plan a great Father's Day dinner, really honor your father, make sure YOUR GIRLFRIEND knows that she, YOUR GIRLFRIEND, is NOT invited.

But really, I don't think you're going to be in her life that much longer.

Yeah, it's like that.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Burroughs said:
2 years...

yes its over and she is not ready to tell you directly yet... when a long term GF starts opting to do things without you it mean she has moved on emotionally.. and physically is next...

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? Call your buddies and go to a club/ strip club/bar etc. Don't tell her about where you are going. Titties > boring dinner with old people.

Reaction score
timmylivingalie said:
I would be glad I always hated going around the chicks family.
This^^^^.

It could very well be that the mum doesn't like you, not your partner. Any previous issues with the mum?

Just to expand, my wife's parents hated me for years, it didn't change the way she felt about me and she eventually married me without her parents there. If you really like this girl press her about why. You may find the truth comes out very quickly. it may not be what you want to hear but may not be as bad you think. It could just be that the old lady doesn't like you.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
Who cares? Call your buddies and go to a club/ strip club/bar etc.
It's Mother's Day, support your local single mums!

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow can't believe how many guys think there is something wrong. Way too many of you are paranoid as shiit and have no faith in girls. Its the mom's one fvcking day of the year just for her other than her b-day. Maybe she just wants a relaxing night at home with her family or doesn't want to deal with having too many people attend since its now at her house instead of a restaurant. Theres a million reasons this could have happened and most of them probably have nothing to do with your GF.

By all means be on the look out for bad signs in the future, but i dont think this is one of them. I'd let your girl know your upset you guys couldnt hangout but dont make a big deal about it, since it really isn't.

jonnyblond

Reaction score
I would be suspicious that something else was going on. For years I suspected my parent-in-law did not like me. I never truly got along with them cause of their negativity. All in all, I considered them poison and just eventually waited for them to do or act stupid and I cut them from my life. my wife has stood by my side on my decision.

For the last 3 years they asked my wife if I was ever going to comeback and they still apologize but "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". I like it when people finally learn that there are consequences to life.

anyways, your girlfriend is probably up to something because any good woman would stand by her man. This is a family get together and when two people are in a relationship, family gatherings are important to them regardless if her mother only wants immediate family. not much of a woman if you ask me.

I would say your slowly being weeded out by your girlfriend. women brag and praise their man when their in love.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal. Use this as an opportunity to give her some space. Yes, call her to check up on her and wish her mom a happy holiday. But you can't tell me it's healthy to spend every day you possibly can with her. The most successful marriages I know of all consist of people who spend some time apart, my parents included.

It doesn't really mean anything. If anything she'll miss you when you are apart.