Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am metro-sexual for doing this?

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I'm Mike and I want your opinion on something. Everyday I take a good 10 minute shower in the afternoon, if I have a game/band rehearsal, I take 2 showers everyday(One before school, one before band). My mom often tells me that I use up my soap too quickly and take showers that are too long, but being insecure as I am, I have to make sure I wash each part of my body atleast 2 times. When I go to a game/band rehearsal instead of just slipping on the clothes I wore to school and changing my underwear, I put on an entire new set of clothes. So I want to know if it makes me seem metrosexual if I take more than 2 showers everyday, plus would taking 10 minute showers make me metro-sexual or just a guy who likes to be clean? I know, this is a real feminine, AFC question, but I really do want to know.

arlanda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you care what other people think? :confused: If you don't smell like a **** you're good with me, I don't care if you spent 5 min or 1 hour in the shower ;)

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes you the opposite of slob. You shower more than kids your age do anyways, which is good. Keep it up.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, not at all. Most people smell bad. You do not. Girls like this.

The next step is body wash and one of those sponge/scrubber things...

PeoplesChamp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike you have to have priorities in life. Do you want to worry about whether or not people think you're effeminate for taking two showers or do you want to walk around smelling like an anchovie's c u n t?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the person. I don't think the average person needs more than 1 shower a day. Some people have better things to do than take multiple showers and worry about how they smell (assuming they don't smell of course, haha). Unless you sweat like a pig, why do you need a shower after school? It's not like you're doing anything there that would cause you to sweat (assuming no physical education class). For me I only need showers because, you know, the crotch area has a habit of getting sweaty, after just a day.

jprjrjr

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by pimpfromdayone
It depends on the person. I don't think the average person needs more than 1 shower a day. Some people have better things to do than take multiple showers and worry about how they smell (assuming they don't smell of course, haha). Unless you sweat like a pig, why do you need a shower after school? It's not like you're doing anything there that would cause you to sweat (assuming no physical education class). For me I only need showers because, you know, the crotch area has a habit of getting sweaty, after just a day.

I take 3 shower per day usually, and yes, I sweat like a PIG. I have no idea why, but if I don't shower frequently, I get drenched.

I was told by a physician that it could be that I have a super fast metabolism, or there could be something wrong with what ever regulates the sweating response.

I'm very hygienic, and I'll shower as often as necessary. Nothing feminine about it.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Yes, I'm Mike and I want your opinion on something. Everyday I take a good 10 minute shower in the afternoon, if I have a game/band rehearsal, I take 2 showers everyday(One before school, one before band). My mom often tells me that I use up my soap too quickly and take showers that are too long, but being insecure as I am, I have to make sure I wash each part of my body atleast 2 times. When I go to a game/band rehearsal instead of just slipping on the clothes I wore to school and changing my underwear, I put on an entire new set of clothes. So I want to know if it makes me seem metrosexual if I take more than 2 showers everyday, plus would taking 10 minute showers make me metro-sexual or just a guy who likes to be clean? I know, this is a real feminine, AFC question, but I really do want to know.
Hello Shark-with-a-different-screen-name.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I take a shower before I go to bed each night. Sometimes I even wash my hair in the morning before I go to work. It's not because I'm a metro, it's because I don't like to have a cowlick (or three) every day. I was starting to wonder whether keeping my hair down was actually beneficial until tonight... I went out without my "significant other", and had a girl I used to be... involved... with latch on to me like a magnet.

From the point that I talked to her, she's had implants. To be honest, I couldn't stop staring at them - I turned her from side to side, in different angles of different light to look at them. She said that my hair was 'cute the way it was... don't spike it up'. I told her that her boobs were 'cute the way they were... big'. So anyway, I don't know if there's actually a point to any of this, but please, take a shower if you feel the need.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
No, taking two showers a day doesn't make you a "metrosexual"...it might make you a bit Obsessive/Compulsive, though.

:D

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree that it doesnt make u metro but compulsive. well u beat me...i only take one shower a day

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it doesnt make you a metrosexual if you take 2 10 minute showers everyday. whats wrong with that? Except for all the extra soap and water you waste and the extra load of laundy on your mother, i dont see anything wrong with it, but i can see why your mom does.

However, if you use like 4 kinds of shampoos, 5 kinds of conditioners and 10 kinds of soap, i would be a little worried.

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
metrosexual is just being trendy. Really, you can get women using the metro look or the macho look, as long as you know how to play it.

It sounds more like you're compulsive. do you also wash your hands a lot? I know that OCD people tend to get obsessed with washing their hands, to the degree that the soap starts to dry out their skin. And that's not a sexual problem, that's a different psychological issue altogether.

Viper

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.
Hello Shark-with-a-different-screen-name.
Considering Shark joined January 2005, from what I've searched and I joined April 2005 and considering the fact that Shark still posts as 'Shark' and he really has no reason to use a secondary screen name, that was a pretty dumb thing to say.

GateKeeper

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe you have OC disorder. Obsessive Compulsive

Most likely not. Metro Sexual is when you get a pedicure, a makeover, and enjoy buying candles for your home while still wanting to do women all day long.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that everyone should shower so they don't smell bad. You probably just smell extra good?

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Viper
Yes, I'm Mike and I want your opinion on something. Everyday I take a good 10 minute shower in the afternoon, if I have a game/band rehearsal, I take 2 showers everyday(One before school, one before band). My mom often tells me that I use up my soap too quickly and take showers that are too long, but being insecure as I am, I have to make sure I wash each part of my body atleast 2 times.
If you shower because of that, then you are just a little obsessive complusive. If you sweat a lot then it's ookay to take 2 showers, but make it quick. The body needs it's natural oils to keep the skin soft. If you keep washing it with soap, it'll dry and start to peel off especially in the winter.

Try taking a quick shower and don't use soap.

Dirkadirkastani

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are doing it because you want to smell good for your guy friends, or you are putting on nice underwear for the guys, or wearing nice clothes to impress the guys, that's a little weird. But if you're just doing it to be clean. Who the hell cares? Why are you even asking?