Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I...Am....Hopeless....

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice thread title. Jeez. Here's the deal. At 18, moved out of my house and moved a couple hours away to a slightly larger city, with the hopes of finding something I could do with my life. I got a job at a restaurant, and, well, I read books, but nothing came of it. I move back home, and go to school for a symester(this current symester that has probably ended for all students). Well, actually, I went for 3/4 of a symester, because I just do not like it, period.
I donno, I just have no drive man. There is pretty much nothing I like to do. I am moving out of my parent's house for good, on June 1st, and have NO ****ING IDEA what I will be doing. Actually, I play a bit of poker, and while I hate it(usually), I am a winning player and can make enough for the food and rent, but not much else. I just feel so ****ing trapped. Life just seems so ****ing boring. I have no friends(duh, but mostly a function of me moving away, etc.), and basically no life. I just don't know where to go.

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Anyone got any advice? Anything. I am pathetic.

Edit.....19 in a couple days.

chickenlegs03

Banned
Reaction score
what do you want out of life? anything you really want? what is your absolute dream (no matter how ridiculous it may be)? anything you wish for?

if you had 3 wishes what would they be?

i just moved recently also and feel hopeless with regards to my female situation.

don't get down on yourself though.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get desperate yet. You are losing time and money if you arent taking college classes so that by the time you're 22 you're hopefully done with college, BUT you're still young anyway its not like it will kill you to graduate a bit later. I went through the same thing I didn't know what I wanted to be or do. My suggestion is to take general education classes in college (english/math/history etc) so you can finish the general ed requirements for whatever degree you might get when you have decided what to study. I made the mistake of combining general ed with my career classes but at that time i wasnt sure what i wanted for a career, so i switched careers later on and I lost a lot of time when I should have concentrated on general ed only and finished that first (like most people do).

another thing you can do is join the marines/army etc. They have a history of turning boys into men and changing their mentality to a purpose driven straight thinking men. Their training is known for changing guys like you who are still undecided about life and don't seem to find a purpose yet.

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only real thing I want his money. The closest thing I have to a dream is money. My life is fine, except for the fact that I have no purpose at all. This last year, mostly out of school, and throughout much of high school I looked, thought, etc., about anything.

There is just nothing I seem to want to do. I have no more ideas. Everything seems so hopeless. When I move out in two weeks, I know exactly what I will be doing: I will be lying on the bed thinking about what I am going to do, and I might never get up from it. I just don't know. NOTHING interests me. Period. I get bored of everything quickly.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryan killa said:
There is just nothing I seem to want to do. I have no more ideas. Everything seems so hopeless. When I move out in two weeks, I know exactly what I will be doing: I will be lying on the bed thinking about what I am going to do, and I might never get up from it. I just don't know. NOTHING interests me. Period. I get bored of everything quickly.
I know exactly how you feel i went through the same thing. PM me sometime if you want to talk.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you even found an apartment? What kind of apartment company leases to someone who's job is playing poker...?

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I have not found an aptmnt. I moved out before this, and I found one within hours, with no job(moved to the city the same day). While I might not have that type of luck this time, I think 2 weeks should be sufficient. I have a decent bank account to cover rent for quite a while. It is not a problem.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said you wanted money....Lets say you had few mill in your account, what would you do with it??

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went thru the exact same thing.

Antidepressants.

Seriously, I always said "hell no" to the idea of taking drugs, but after years of feeling like that I couldn't take it anymore. A few weeks of medication, and it suddenly felt like everything snapped into focus, it's amazing.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you can't go to college for a lack of funds or other reasons, well, you can still make a good living. Your focus should be on getting a stable job and saving money - don't spend money on travels or anything else that is useless. You should also work out, and you will realize that there is lots of purpose in ideals beyond your own well-being. Find such a purpose and work for it. And keep reading - that way you will know when you have found the right purpose and when it is best to change.

I recommend the Sea Wolf by Jack London (and also Cry of the Wild - not as philosophical as the Sea Wolf, but the whole book is about finding your place in the world, and that it doesn't have to be in the mansion). It is a fascinating read. Actually, you can find it online. Not too long, and good books don't have to be.

Finding purpose takes time, sometimes until you are in your thirties. Don't lose hope, just work on your economy first of all, and your health. You do not need wealth! You only need the basics! What's wrong with only having the basics? Nothing.

Folks, we see this more and more these days, young people who are rootless in this world. Their identity is erased from the history books in school, and the purposes that our ancestors used to take for granted are ignored. No wonder youths feel bad. No wonder they turn to alcohol and drugs. No wonder many remain children their whole lives, seeking only the pleasure of the day. When someone asks "What is the meaning of life, then, even in a website like this one, the answers will always be something like love, travels, learning, finding friends - all with one thing in common: they all focus on the individual. Our ancestors took it for granted that the individual should work for unselfish purposes. These were something like your tribe, your clan, your religion, your country, your king as an embodiment of that country, and so on. But always, Duty was more important than today's Feel-Good philosophy that you find both to the Left and to the Right.

They were right, today's hedonism is wrong.

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
'You said you wanted money....Lets say you had few mill in your account, what would you do with it?? '

I thought about this for a few minutes. Pretty much nothing. The only thing I know I would do for sure is eat all my favorite things: crab legs, lobster, steak, etc., every night. Exciting.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I can say is lose the self-judgement.

You're just another person, so don't label yourself, it's pointless.

Oh, and be patient, trust me.