I am bad with women. Are these tests?

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have developed a really strong presence in almost all situations; I'm quiet but I faked confidence for the past two years and after a year it led to serious physical and mental self-improvement which led to real confidence. Anyway my confidence is building but there is still something missing.

I made plans with a girl from class, she was always smiling and looking at me so I approached her and invited her to join me to a performance at a local park. I didn't get her number (saw no point) and told her to meet me at location X, after our classes. My rationale was if she was going to flake she would have to stand me up since she couldn't contact me so I thought this was a way of flake-proofing her since I have learned some girls will flake.

Of course on the day-of this girl tells me she has to go do something after class and that I should call her when I want to meet. At this point I am not feeling hanging out with her anyway so I agree to do this. Now before this I was pretty sure she was into me, so I almost feel like this is a way of her testing my ability to control a situation, to see if I add up (I have given this girl a lot of commands previously). As she gave me her number I realized this was her flaking. However she seemed really interested in me and the plans, and she is quite beautiful, so is crap like this some sort of test? Like am I giving off a vibe that says I may not be the real deal?

My original plan was to call her and say I couldn't make it, but as soon as I called she got apologetic and gave me an excuse to which I simply said "ok." She then apologized some more, and I said "you should give me a better time" to which she told me she could do lunch this week but otherwise wasn't free until next week. I don't know my schedule so I just told her we'll figure it out the next class day.

So fast forward to next class day. I'm outside the classroom and she comes to talk to me. We talk about some random crap, I am exhausted, and she casually mentions a boyfriend for the first time in passing conversation. I ignored it and continued the conversation. My gut told me to try and catch her after class and try to ask her out again, but I was so tired I just went home since I didn't think I could actually handle a conversation at that point.

Part of me feels like these are tests, part of me feels like she is just uninterested. I have some serious social ineptitude so I would appreciate feedback.

What leads to women actually testing you? I could be reading too much into this, like if I give off a signal that I may be faking something or not as be dominate as I appear to be will that instigate things or kill her attraction? How does one really become more grounded and more masculine?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Tyler FC

Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cent opinion is that she's playing games with you .
Not worth bothering .
I'd next her .

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing that I wanted to ask is, how important is it to verbally flirt?

Like I said I've been building my confidence. I have built a physique and academic and creative accomplishments. I tried to learn how to flirt but I am naturally quiet and introverted and when I really try to flirt it sounds way too contrived, I mean when I don't think about it it's OK but otherwise I come off like I have some social disorder.

My point is, before I really started to respect myself I did no verbal flirting. I didn't even think about it and I had some success with women.

Is there enough flirtation strictly in body language alone? It seems like it could be a natural thing. I do make women qualify themselves though, not out of flirting but out of principle.

dvjackson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marker said:
Another thing that I wanted to ask is, how important is it to verbally flirt?

Like I said I've been building my confidence. I have built a physique and academic and creative accomplishments. I tried to learn how to flirt but I am naturally quiet and introverted and when I really try to flirt it sounds way too contrived, I mean when I don't think about it it's OK but otherwise I come off like I have some social disorder.

My point is, before I really started to respect myself I did no verbal flirting. I didn't even think about it and I had some success with women.

Is there enough flirtation strictly in body language alone? It seems like it could be a natural thing. I do make women qualify themselves though, not out of flirting but out of principle.
The most attractive thing is to simply be your genuine self, it sounds cheesy but it's a good thing to keep in mind.
The guys who successfully verbally flirt do so as a natural function of their conversation, they don't think about it much. Don't force it.

Good body language and tone of voice can make anything seem flirty, it's sort of like how a good comedian can make the most mundane story hilarious by the way he tells it.

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
dvjackson said:
The most attractive thing is to simply be your genuine self, it sounds cheesy but it's a good thing to keep in mind.
The guys who successfully verbally flirt do so as a natural function of their conversation, they don't think about it much. Don't force it.

Good body language and tone of voice can make anything seem flirty, it's sort of like how a good comedian can make the most mundane story hilarious by the way he tells it.
That's pretty much the attitude I have these days. I'm not too hung up about this girl, but I do feel like I gave her too much leeway in calling her as she suggested. Like I said I figured she was flaking. In the future should I just tell women to stick to my plan?

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easy to know when a woman is testing you... it's when they're talking. They do this continually, it's up to you whether or not you give the test any value.

It seems to me that your head is pretty much in the right place, so you're fine, just keep playing the game.

The only suggestion I would give you is regarding this:
Marker said:
Of course on the day-of this girl tells me she has to go do something after class and that I should call her when I want to meet. At this point I am not feeling hanging out with her anyway so I agree to do this.
Don't fall into this one. When she says give her a call when you want to meet up, don't do that. Give her the time/location right then, on the spot. Make them decide right then, otherwise you could go to all the trouble of turning up and in the meantime something else might 'just come up' for her.

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cremasta said:
It's easy to know when a woman is testing you... it's when they're talking. They do this continually, it's up to you whether or not you give the test any value.

It seems to me that your head is pretty much in the right place, so you're fine, just keep playing the game.

The only suggestion I would give you is regarding this:Don't fall into this one. When she says give her a call when you want to meet up, don't do that. Give her the time/location right then, on the spot. Make them decide right then, otherwise you could go to all the trouble of turning up and in the meantime something else might 'just come up' for her.
Yeah that is exactly what happened and where I think I failed. Earlier in the day she seemed relatively interesting in going with me and it makes me feel like I showed I have no backbone or something. Of course I could be over-thinking it, but regardless I am not going to let that happen again.

I'm pretty sure a combination of that + casual boyfriend mention means I should probably move on.

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
okyoureabeast said:
If you can practice a bit, you can easily learn to be very charming. The way i do it is through a sort of brash no bull **** gentlemanly attitude. If that makes any sense, I picture it the way I talk to kids and teenagers.

You need to disarm them, since you're a big male, and want to connect. Finally you need to be aware that they'll probably be immature. Don't be afraid to look at them with a coy eye and catch them in the act.

Basically, you need to have a clear idea of your boundaries on the way people treat you to be able to pull this off. I expect respect which i manage to get with some charm and a raised eyebrow. i also don't feel any shame in telling a girl to ,'shut up" or "go f*ck yourself" albeit in a playful but seriously don't be dumb way.

I find the best way to pass a **** test is to simply refuse to play it and demand that she get on your level. Hope this all makes sense.
Yeah it does. One thing I've learned about women is to just believe that they're silly and they do stupid and immature ****. I wouldn't say I try to treat them like children, but I definitely keep this in mind, that is that women do stupid ****. Sometimes when I'm not 100% there emotionally or mentally I slip up and I think that is what happened here when she tried to change the plans. So I think I need to learn how to stay grounded regardless of outside factors (not meaning women).

Thing is, with the "call to meet up thing" I really didn't think of it as a matter of respect or not. I have definitely done this type of thing to guy friends and they have done it to me and I didn't think anything of it which makes me consider this girl may never have really been interested and I'm reading into tests which are not there.

Does something this small really communicate respect? The way I see it, if someone invited me to an event, and I had to go do stuff in the meantime, and told him to call me when he was ready instead of just meeting, and he said, "no just meet me here" I would probably go tell him to **** himself.

But like I said I am pretty socially inept. I have spent a lot of time trying to improve myself socially and it works somewhat, but I saw the greatest improvements when I just stopped caring about it and letting go of my anxieties.

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
One more question.

This girl may have rejected me, she may have a boyfriend, she may be playing games. It's one of those three and that means she isn't really anything of use.

What is the best way to keep the option open for something happening down the road? She seems to want to talk, I just sort of blew her off today, is just not giving her any attention the best thing to do?

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would jus get her number, text her and if your board one night see if she free and chill with her. whats the most that could happen, if she playing games all you have to do is show her that you dont play games, and if she falls she falls if she dosent ohwell.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
her bf is a chump so she is using you for an ego boost

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
her bf is a chump so she is using you for an ego boost
That's sort of what I'm thinking, but I'm not about to play into that. You mean chump as in a guy who is simply screwing her and giving no emotional support or a nice guy?