Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am abnormally close-shave-impaired..Need some help here~.

Ultra-Violence

Reaction score
First off, let me say that it's not that I don't know how to shave.

I've done it all. All of the DJ tips, everything on the net, everything on this board, all types of razors, electric and manual, warm water, hot water, during a shower, after a shower, Mach 3, Quatro, Mach 3 Turbo, cheap bic razors, swords, M3 Power, with the grain, against the grain, lawnmowers, all at once, etc etc etc

The fact is, I have extremely rough facial hair. When I do shave, I usually take every surface hair off of my face. But here's the catch. It doesn't look like I shaved. At all. There has never been a time where I don't look like I have a five o'clock shadow, and I'm not talking the hip, cool five o'clock shadow..but rather the dirty, eww kind.

I've tried everything there is in terms of actual shaving, but I think it's the actual hair follicles under the skin that are showing. I've never seen anyone have a bad case of this as I do. Some people have a bit of a grayish tint in their beard area, but mine is simply ridiculous. It's not even razor bumps btw.

I'm wondering if there's something I can do about my skin care regimen that may help the area, because I've tried everything there is in terms of actual shaving. I don't want to resort to growing facial hair, because I want to live the rest of my youth clean shaven, and I certainly don't want to consider laser hair removal. But does anyone know what could cause this abnormal facial hair visibility?

Anyway, face skin care tips or anything that can solve this weird situation would be appreciated.

xi phi pi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a hot shower. Let water splash on your face. Wash with "Nivea for Men Facial Wash." Do that as the last thing before you get out. Go to the sink after drying and take a washcloth and run it under really warm water and put it on your face for a bit. Then apply some good shaving cream (I use Nivea and I like it.) Spread it around your face a bit then let it stay a minute. Shave once with the grain, re-lather, and shave against. Then rinse with cold water and apply a GOOD lotion/moisturizer.

Do that everyday for a week and you should see a difference.

Capi

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey I swore I posted on this....

Like I said before, or I thought I said before, really you are probably not using the razor right if you shave and still have a shadow. Make sure to use hot hot water before hand to bring out the hairs. then lather and shave, and rinse with cold. then put some after-'treatment' to soothe your skin... and

Moved to health and fitness

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think what he is saying is that he can shave and get a completely smooth surface with no hair above or at the surface of the skin, but he still has the darkness of where the hair is under the skin. I have seen this before and I'm not sure there's much you can do about it. I would say it has more to do with your skin than shaving, maybe you need a way to thicken your skin to hide the hair underneath better? :confused:

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
try waxing!

TinyDancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't even think about waxing before you consider electrolysis or laser hair removal. Both hurt just about as much as waxing. But you don't need to do it all the time (only like 5 or 6 times EVER). They can be expensive but I absolutely guarentee that you will be very satisfied with the results. To find a good doctor in your area go here...

www.hairremovalforum.com/docfinder.htm

(good lord I sounded like a commercial :eek: )

*new*

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
as far as I know, laser is the nly solution for your trouble. You don't need to remove all the hair (For men it takes about 6-7 sessions for that) With 1 or 2 sessions your problems will most likely be solved . it will take about a grand or less depending on the doc.

I recommend you to take a free evaluation from a laser hair removal centre.
peace

Ultra-Violence

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drex
I think what he is saying is that he can shave and get a completely smooth surface with no hair above or at the surface of the skin, but he still has the darkness of where the hair is under the skin. I have seen this before and I'm not sure there's much you can do about it.
Indeed this is the problem. I've seen others have it, but no one even close to as bad as mine.

It does look like laser hair removal is the only clear solution, but not only do I not want to go through the process of it all, I don't want to completely kill the hair follicles. I want to be clean shaven now but I do want to have the option later to grow it in...you know, just like any other male.

Right now I'm trying to explore as many options as possible in terms of improving my SKIN to alleviate the darkening. There has to be a way.

Thanks for all of the replies though guys!