Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hunger at night -- how do I change it?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm working at dropping a fair amount of weight. I'm not really fat, but yearn for those days when I was very fit.

I'm doing great in the morning, eating a low-fat breakfast. Lunch is fine as I'm keeping the calories and fat down there, too. My snacks consist of some fruit, not much else.

But at dinner I am frickin' starved! The other night I ordered a small pizza and ate the whole thing. I just start dying to eat tons at night and this isn't helping me.

Is there a way to rid myself of the night hunger?

CrzyBadBoyDJ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** man, I have the same problem.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
One solution is to time your exercise for when you think you'll be getting hungry. So in your case do lots of exercise about 30 minutes before dinner in the evening. Exercise cuts your appetite so you won't feel hungry. Just make sure you get to sleep before the hunger comes back.

Reaction score
Originally posted by WestCoaster
I'm working at dropping a fair amount of weight. I'm not really fat, but yearn for those days when I was very fit.

I'm doing great in the morning, eating a low-fat breakfast. Lunch is fine as I'm keeping the calories and fat down there, too. My snacks consist of some fruit, not much else.

But at dinner I am frickin' starved! The other night I ordered a small pizza and ate the whole thing. I just start dying to eat tons at night and this isn't helping me.

here's a shocking idea... EAT SOME FAT!

The reason you're always hungry is because you don't eat fat.. which is why by the end of the day you attack the pizza. not good.

by what you've writting you sound utterly clueless on how to diet.

read the cutting guide for a good idea on how it's done.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey victor, here's an idea ...

... don't respond like a smart a$$. I'm looking for advice, not a scolding. You wrote:

* By what you're WRITING it's obvious you haven't passed sixth grade. Start sentences with capital letters and writing is with one "t" letter.

You're utterly clueless on how to communicate.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Get yourself a gallon jug of water and sip on that during the day until it's gone. If you can drink another gallon or half a gallon then do that too. You'll be surprised at how much you can drink. By the end of the day, you will not be hungry, as your body cannot tell the difference between thirst and hunger. That advice may sound weird, but it really works.

Reaction score
Re: Hey victor, here's an idea ...

... don't respond like a smart a$$. I'm looking for advice, not a scolding. You wrote:

* By what you're WRITING it's obvious you haven't passed sixth grade. Start sentences with capital letters and writing is with one "t" letter.

You're utterly clueless on how to communicate.
does the truth hurt? obviously. for you'd know the last thing you should eat, if you're supposedly on a diet, is a pizza... hell, there are so many other things you could have eaten.

i did communicate.. or is "go read the cutting guide" too dense for you?

a$$hole.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Hunger at night -- how do I change it?

Originally posted by Nightwing
Get yourself a gallon jug of water and sip on that during the day until it's gone. If you can drink another gallon or half a gallon then do that too. You'll be surprised at how much you can drink. By the end of the day, you will not be hungry, as your body cannot tell the difference between thirst and hunger. That advice may sound weird, but it really works.
yeah, it works but you'll be pissing every 5 minutes!

A gallon a day is more than enough for dieting purposes.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victor is having a roid rage

Slamming people then saying, "go (still gotta learn to capitalize Vic) to the cutting guide" is basically being an a$$.

You're one of those steroided geeks, hyped up on life-killing ephedren or cancer-inducing creatin.

Step off the stimulants for awhile Vic and join the real world. Give advice in a sensible manner, learn how to spell and punctuate, and then may one person will listen to what you have to say.

Until then, you're just a nutball.

Reaction score
Re: Victor is having a roid rage

Slamming people then saying, "go (still gotta learn to capitalize Vic) to the cutting guide" is basically being an a$$.

did it ever occur to you that i don't feel like capitalizing? did it ever occur to you that you're a tad uptight? did it ever occur to you that i am fukking with you, because a response like this would have been so predictable? lighten up, dude.

You're one of those steroided geeks, hyped up on life-killing ephedren or cancer-inducing creatin.
wow. "steroided" "hyped up on life-killing Ephedren" and "cancer inducing creatin" - and now you wonder where i come up with the assertion that you have no fukking clue what you are talking about. on top of that, then you have the gall to criticize my spelling and grammar.

hey genius, see if you can spot all the spelling errors in your quote.

Step off the stimulants for awhile Vic and join the real world. Give advice in a sensible manner, learn how to spell and punctuate, and then may one person will listen to what you have to say.
jumping to conclusions aren't we? and your odd obsession with my not capitalizing really drives you batty, doesn't it? just for you, i'll keep doing it.

Until then, you're just a nutball.
i've been called worse on this board, trust me. stop throwing hissy-fits over some harmless ribbing and go read the cutting guide. :D

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Study after study has PROVEN that creatine has ZERO harmful effects. To suggest that it's cancer causing is laughable. And ephedra is perfectly safe if taken as the bottle suggests, just like asprin.

And victor, in his own special way :p gave good advice. You NEED fat in your diet.

If you want to lose weight, keep a normal amount of fat in your diet, lower your carbs and raise your protein.

The reason why carbs are so bad for fat loss is because of the hormone, insulin. Cortisol is the other fat gaining hormone, but it's caused by stress (mental and physical) and not diet. Back to insulin - when you eat food, it is converted into glucose, which is released into your blood. This raises your blood sugar level, which is the trigger for insulin to be released. Insulin normalizes the blood sugar level by pushing that glucose into the muscles and liver. Any extra glucose is stored as fat.

Here's where carbs come in. Only 58% of protein is stored as glucose, and 10% of fat is stored as glucose, but with carbs, 100% is stored as glucose!

And the carbs that you DO eat should be complex carbs because (generally) they induce a much more gradual insulin responce than simple carbs. Also eat fiber, but know that it provides the body with no energy.

The fat that you eat should be mostly unsaturated fat. Stay away from saturated fat and trans fat. Also know that when you go on a low fat diet, your body will hang on to your fat because it doesn't know when it will get more.

Reaction score
Yeah don't drink water before bed unless you want to wake up every hour to take a piss. Don't eat fvcken pizza before bed(or any other time for that matter, useless junk food) eat some fruit I'd suggest. Even if you're starving, grin and bear it! No carbs at night if you're trying to slim down..

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Hunger at night -- how do I change it?

Originally posted by victor von doom
yeah, it works but you'll be pissing every 5 minutes!

A gallon a day is more than enough for dieting purposes.
Pissing a lot is about the only side effect, but it's better than taking shyt like hydroxycut and wasting your money. The only and I wouldnt reccomend drinking large amounts of water like that the closer you get to bedtime. But yeah you're right, you will be making a lot a trips to the bathroom.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunger at night -- how do I change it?

Originally posted by Nightwing
Pissing a lot is about the only side effect, but it's better than taking shyt like hydroxycut and wasting your money. The only and I wouldnt reccomend drinking large amounts of water like that the closer you get to bedtime. But yeah you're right, you will be making a lot a trips to the bathroom.
hydroxycut works.. make no bones about it. however nothing beats straight ephedrine + caffeine for thermogenic - well other than those illegal thyroid drugs pro bodybuilders use- and you'd be crazy to fukk with those!

anyway, tons of water alone is good but tons of water + a thermogenic+ a good cutting diet = well, that's pretty much fat oxidation overdrive!

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr.Hash wid da Stash
Yeah don't drink water before bed unless you want to wake up every hour to take a piss. Don't eat fvcken pizza before bed(or any other time for that matter, useless junk food) eat some fruit I'd suggest. Even if you're starving, grin and bear it! No carbs at night if you're trying to slim down..

Actually, fruits and vegtables are part of the carbohydrate foods. There's absolutly nothing wrong with carbs. It's just like any other food you take in, you just have to use common sense and moderation.

Atkins has a lot of people's minds fvcked up about carbohydrates. The whole premise of the zero carbs approach appears to be is to eliminate the body's energy source (carbohydrates) so that your body can draw upon other sources for energy like your fat cells in order to facilitate fat loss, but that approach in the long run will do more harm than good. It will leave you feeling weak not to mention that consuming excessive protien will also lead to liver and kidney problems.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hunger at night -- how do I change it?

Originally posted by victor von doom
hydroxycut works.. make no bones about it. however nothing beats straight ephedrine + caffeine for thermogenic - well other than those illegal thyroid drugs pro bodybuilders use- and you'd be crazy to fukk with those!

anyway, tons of water alone is good but tons of water + a thermogenic+ a good cutting diet = well, that's pretty much fat oxidation overdrive!
I took some shyt called T-7, it's like hydroxycut and it actually worked. I had no feelings of hunger at all, and if I was actually doing my cutting cycle at the time, I would've lost some weight LOL!!!

The thing was that the shyt cost like $60. And then I read somewhere about drinking large amounts of water and acheived the same result and I've cut a shytload of weight without feeling weak or hungry. Now I'm at my fighting weight of 215 lbs.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Vic, how long did it take before you started noticing results from hydroxycut??

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best weight loss suppliment is ECA stack, if you can find it now a days. Effedrine, caffeine, and asprin.