Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Huge Inncient at my School may cost me my reputation...

rkc09

Don Juan
Reaction score
This might be the end of my reputation. We were having a junior vs senior game at the school. I was kinda of pissed cuz I didn't get no playing time. So I get in the game but only for 1 minute which was complete BS!. I didn't even get to shoot the ball or touch it at all. This made me mad cuz they were playing favorites and ppl was getting 30 minutes of playing time! I am seriously better than some of these ppl. The coaches were varsity players so they were just playing their friends.

Then towards the end of the game they made me look sooo stupid. Tell me to go in. I walk on the court and they tell me to come off. They tell me to go back in. I tell them to make up their mind and one girl coach gets loud with me and I get pissed and yell at her and all 3 of our coaches. They make me look like a idiot putting me on and off the court . I just lost it and went off. Note that the entire school was watching this. Then I stay on and 30 seconds later they take me out AGAIN before I can even touch the ball. I was so PISSED OFF AT THEM and I just screaming at them and going crazy. I calm down and let it go. Eventually I cooled down and just forgot about it.

But then I started to think. I just went off in front of the whole school. One of my friends look at me and said "your pretty pissed off huh?". I was just wondering, Did I get too pissed off at the game? I don't want everyone in the school thinking I'm some bi-polar guy. I wasn't mad after the game. But do you think this will mess up my social status. I worked too hard for it to get destory but some stupid game. Did I give off a bad image cuz alot of ppl never seen me this mad before. What about the ppl who doesn't know me? Will this hurt my rep?

Purple-Haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on WHAT you said and HOW you said it.

Do you think you looked like an idiot? If so, yes that'll affect your reputation negatively.

Did you look like you were standing up for yourself (that you're not the type of guy to put up with BS)? If so, you may have looked a tad better.

Whatever you do, do not apologize like a little wuss. Don't be a jerk either. Take it all in stride and display that you are a man of class (despite your "slip up").

rkc09

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I said things like: "Do you guys want me in or out?!?", "Make up your mind!", "I'am I Supposed to be in?"

On the bench I was saying stuff like: "Is this the defense you guys want?", "We have some horrible coaches", "they're playing the same ppl everytime", "I only got 2 seconds of playing time"

One girl who I was talking to and having a good time with earlier turned and looked at me and said. "Wow, you are really pissed aren't you. You are seriously pissed off"

Really I started to get mad when the girl got loud with me but idk. My peers didn't say anything about it after the game. But I just think that I was too mad. My brother said I was too mad. But my friend said he didn't blame me for getting mad. But I calm down towards the end. By the end of the game I was laughing with my friends and cheering me team on.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
F*ck that.. your coaches were making you look like an ass. You had every right to be pissed.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
by monday, some other person will be the talk of the school bus and homeroom.
no worries, this stuff never lasts long.
as soon as someone else does something, they will all be talking about that.

trust me when i tell you that it really is nothing to get worked up about.

wanna know where a high school rep will get you? pregnant or a job at mcdonalds and thats about it.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten...i wouldn't say that having a good rep damns you to mcdonalds...but bitterness removed, you're right, people will be talking about other things in no time.

i highly doubt anyone besides you cares about your fit at the game...which is a good thing for you.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sandman6991 said:
penkitten...i wouldn't say that having a good rep damns you to mcdonalds...but bitterness removed, you're right, people will be talking about other things in no time.
every mcdonalds i have ever seen is filled with the popular crowd of high school kids working it at night.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let it bother you. You won't lose any rep, although highschool rep doesn't count for much anyways. You stood up for yourself. You would have lost more respect if you took it like a b1tch. If anything be proud of yourself for showing that you have testicles.

I would never tolerate that kind of treatment, and I hope that no one on this board would either. When people try to make you look like an a$$ in public you've got to put them back in line one way or another.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
splinterkb said:
F*ck that.. your coaches were making you look like an ass. You had every right to be pissed.
My thoughts exactly

You shouldn't lose your rep, it like someone else mentioned.

It's not what you said, BUT HOW you said it. Other than that you learned some new experiences. I had the same problem back in high-school when I played football, couldn't play college because the first thing they wanted to see was game film. (Which I didn't have)

As for your reputation just know that in a few weeks people will be talking about new things. On a side note with my little incident I stop coming to practice because I wasn't gettning ANY playing time. The coaches wondered why I stop showing up. And I told them, "If I'm not going to play I am wasting my time and yours". They ended up starting me for the last game.
(Which I still got barely any time)

Know am I telling you to do what I did? No, what I'm saying is that next time try stay more calm. I know how much it hurts when your school is losing and you can't do anything because there playing favorites. Hang in there

:up:

jtrain 289

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
**** rep grils deep down dont reallly care about it anyway if someone makes you mad i dont care if brittany spears back when she was hot was watching do not ever let them go easy.

Drumstick

Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes you think anyone gives a **** in the first place?

This whole "rep" business is complete horse****. Do you really think everyone is actually thinking about you and what you did and actually evaluating you? Thats laughable, really. Do you do that to other people? Probably not. Don't worry about all this rep BS, because I'm skeptical of its existence and even if it does exist, as others have said, people will quickly stop caring (if they ever cared in the first place).

What you did is totally reasonable anyway. It sounds like they did a ****ty job managing the team. If anyone brings it up just talk about it. Just tell them that you think they were doing a poor job and were being unfair and that it was more like a circus than a basketball game.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends how it was said and how it went down.

If you're a quietish, chilled out guy in general and go mad in sports, there's a good chance it'll make you look cool.

Plus, it's a conversation starter isn't it?

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, just act like it never happend. If somebody wants to ask you why you got mad. Don't give em a whole speech. Just say you were having problems with the coaches and got mad. I would also apologize to your coaches. Tell your coaches your sorry for loosing your cool cause you were just wanting more play time.

Mctwist4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You and even some of the people here are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. The only thing that is going to ruin your rep is if your constantly paranoid that everyone is judging you. It's over, move on.

BBQsauce

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to set up an "anti-event" to counter the initial event that ruined your reputation. In order to do this, you will need to actually play some basketball.

I'd maybe set up a show where it's just you on the court showing off your B-ball skills. You could have it at night sometime, and you could only turn on a few lights in the gym so that it would be dramatic. Then when everybody arrived you could bust out a lot of sweet moves and slam dunks.

The best strategy would be to put up signs for it first. Put a picture of a current basketball star who isn't that famous yet on it (NO Michael Jordan) so that only the people who really follow the basketball scene will show up, because they will be the only ones who recognize it.

Then when they see your great moves, they will spread the word to the rest of the school, and everyone will trust them, because they are really into basketball, and they are considered "experts."

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have just walked out of the gym, let them know you weren't having that bull ****. You should have looked every coach dead in the eye and say "Are you going to play me, or not"... you didnt have to get loud or anytihng...you could have just stood up infront of them and asked them in a calm matter. And if they told you they were going to play you...you would take a seat and see what happens...if they told you no or anything else you leave the gym.

SilverSonnet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont look like an idiot, and you'll lose no reptutation. Stick to your guns, they made you look like an idiot, on and off, on and off. Dont let anyone ever ridicule you, whether they are your coach or not, your important.
No one will think any less of you, unless they're *******s.