HS isnt all about girls, how to study?

nestea16

Don Juan
Reaction score
High school is a very important step in our lives and can very well lead us to our careers and how we grow up as people.

I am currently going into my final year of HS and it will determine my path in life. For all of you who are in high school, how are your grades and how did you accomplish them?

I gotta work my ass off this year and im just wondering how everyone else is doing in school and how much they work at it.

Thoughts?

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pay attention in class. ALWAYS have a notebook out taking notes. Every day go over your notes after school [one time through skimming is all you usually need], then do your HW.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think ive ever studied in 3 yrs of HS, this ones gonna be diff tho(rofl)

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm putting on my batteries this year and gettin to the studying. women is the last thing on my mind in school for some reason. The bathroom(preferably the 3rd stall) comes first.

Daani

Don Juan
Reaction score
our bathrooms are dutty...so we cant get near them without puking..
i seem to coast with no effort... .
if i put in 10 percetn effort.. i can get 80-90's easily...
:rolleyes: i still don't try for some reason..

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm lucky I guess, never had to work hard for great marks. Finished grade 9 last year with a 94 percent average, which is very good for those that don't come from area's using the percentage system. Just do your work, study for tests if you have to, and pay attention. Get extra help if you need it. Thats about it.

Oleo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess my best advice would be to understand that school is a system of jumping through hoops, NOT being intelligent or truly understanding anything. Learn to work the SYSTEM, not to understand the concepts. I put minimal effort into school and I pull straight A's. I don't now how the hoop was built, how old it is, where it came from, or why it's there but I damn well know how to jump through it! :)

-Oleo

Last edited:

DarkfalconIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ulucky basturd. I did that in eight grade but then the deemed me 'smart' now i'm in honors classes and agelbraII and **** in ninth grade.... I wish I was in AlgebraI:confused:

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Try taking 8th grade math, freshmen year, ***** :)

DarkfalconIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah. Gifted program.

Sorta sucks. I'm in Kansas.

RAGE

Reaction score
I'm really starting to work this year. I have about a 3.0 average without trying too hard, but sh*ting my pants if I dont do work.

Try to remember this Oleo, if you dont understand what your learning, how are you going to apply what you learned to a carrear and to college (unless your going). You need to know what you learned in HS to do good in life.

And to comment on the subjects people have, I'm in 11th with pre-calculus, advanced placement psychology, honors physics, advanced placement language, and honors american history.

P.S. AP is harder than honors.

BTW, I'm new, and wont be making very many posts, nor am I a DJ.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF this is your last yr and youre just now starting to work youre somewhat in a hole. THe last yr doesnt determine your future 10th and 11th grade do.

Kyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just pay attention, take notes, study those notes, and read the the text books. For AP courses, it wouldn't hurt to get the AP review books.

Took 3 AP courses last year, taking 4 courses this year + anyother tests I feel like taking. APs are easy if you study, and a good way to knock off some college credits (maybe skip a year of college).

Oleo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RAGE

Try to remember this Oleo, if you dont understand what your learning, how are you going to apply what you learned to a carrear and to college (unless your going). You need to know what you learned in HS to do good in life.
DJ.
Well, actually I'm planning on going to a conservatory of music. So, it's probably not that much of an issue for me. :) However, whether or not you use what you learned in high school in your post-school days is arguable. I just have a very difficult time seeing high school as anything but advanced babysitting.

-Oleo

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
If you don't take AP or at least Honors courses, I don't see how you're going to get into anything better than a good state school. And Oleo, the theory behind a "liberal arts education" is not that you'll actually use the knowledge you learn, but that you will "learn how to learn" and therefore do better in life. I'm somewhat skeptical myself.

And Rage -- You're a lucky bastard if your school has AP Psych. My school just has the bare bones APs, like Euro, English, Physics, etc.

Also, by senior year you can't do much except earn AP credit. My advice is not to study more, but to study better. Study what you need to know, not everything. There's a huge difference.

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a 3.4 GPA but amassed over 30 college credits in HS.

First off, read my tips. If you are having fun in class, you will do better. This is not opinion but fact.

I am currently going into my final year of HS and it will determine my path in life
It should have started the day you walked into HS. Most of the time you should have applications sent out to college by the end of the first quarter of your senior year. If you ask me, the junior year is the real path determiner.

P.S. AP is harder than honors.
AP tests suck ass. I hated taking them. I passed them but still, you were in a room for about four hours doing pointless sh1t.

And Rage -- You're a lucky bastard if your school has AP Psych. My school just has the bare bones APs, like Euro, English, Physics, etc.
My school had a wide variety of AP tests to take, including foreign language. I only took the English, American Gov't, US History, Physics, and Chemistry tests though. It may depend on the size of the district...who knows.

Another few tip that hasnn't been mentioned:

Ask questions if you don't understand. Most kids go through class and a generous 10% know whats going on, especially if its a difficult class. If you are confused about anything, ask. That was something I learned my 9th grade year because it dragged my GPA overall down considerably because I never asked for help and got Cs and Ds. I learned my lesson and got a 3.9 overall my 10th grade year.

hobbes344

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude i don't know about you, but i guess my school is kind of nerdy. I took Ap Calc and Ap Chem and was in honors classes last year as a sophomore. You will get teased but don't give a damn about it and when someone calls you a nerd or whatever, just give em a "im so much better than you, jerk" look. yea that always gets em. :)